“I'll pass on this hotel next time”

Holiday Inn Express Vernon-Manchester
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Vernon
Reviewed 10 January 2014

I chose this hotel because I had stayed in another Holiday Inn Express in Rhode Island the night before and had a great experience there. Unfortunately, this hotel in Vernon did not live up to the standard I was expecting.

The hotel was very convenient to the highway and incredibly easy to find. I immediately detected a strong scent of cigarette smoke upon entering the lobby which was noticeable throughout the hallways and in my room near the lobby. I was assigned to a handicapped room which was clean but definitely older and in need of updating.

As I had arrived at 2 a.m., I planned to sleep in but this was unfortunately not possible. I was woken several times around 4-5 a.m. by hotel staff in the hallways starting breakfast setup and banging doors as well as by housekeeping who repeatedly tried to clean my room starting at 7 a.m. The third time housekeeping let herself into the room at 9:00 she demanded to know when I would be leaving and rudely expressed surprise that I was still in bed, but didn't stay long enough to hear that I planned to stay until checkout at noon. She continued to check in on me until I left the hotel.

The kitchen staff and front desk clerk were both very friendly and my experience with them was very positive.

The hotel seemed quite pricey to me considering the updates that were badly needed and the smoke; when combined with the issues with housekeeping personnel, I would not return.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
4  Thank TravelShae
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Vernon-Manchester, responded to this reviewResponded 26 January 2014

Dear TravelShae,

Thank you for sharing your experience regarding your stay with us. We are truly disappointed to know you did not enjoy your overall
experience with us, and regret the issues you encountered. We have shared your input with our management team to review and make necessary improvements accordingly.

While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Joel B

Reviewed 22 December 2013

We stayed here just before they are due to close the hotel to upgrade it. The staff were so friendly and welcoming. The room was very quiet and the bed super comfortable. We stayed at the Quality Inn last time we were in Vernon and would not stay there again. This place was a lot more comfortable. The free breakfast was nice too. They are getting a swimming pool in soon. Reins Deli a mile up the road is a great place to eat for dinner.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank EmmaisinNZ
Reviewed 10 December 2013

Our room was very clean and we had no problems. The hotel is right off the highway, so it was a great location. The woman at the desk recommended the restaurant next door and it was very good. The breakfast was the usual tasty food that Holiday Inn provides to travelers.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 November 2013

Just what you expect from Holiday Inn, clean rooms, spacious accommodations, friendly staff. Conveniently located just off I-84 east of Hartford. The breakfast buffet is pretty good offering eggs, bacon, sausage, potatoes, fruit, juices, pastries and so on. Our room was very quite and comfortable. There are several restaurants very near by.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 October 2013 via mobile

It is a good chain, good location. Walls seem thin between rooms. But then again that idiot had the TV at full. Very good dinner choices near by, probably the best dinner locations near any HI that I ever stated at. Location is the best.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 October 2013

Nothing fancy about this property. The room was reasonably clean and the bathroom wasn't a disaster. The breakfast was typical--frozen eggs and sausage, yogurts, English muffins, juices and coffee. What little interaction we had with the staff was very pleasant.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Vernon-Manchester, responded to this reviewResponded 12 November 2013

Dear themajortraveler,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your feedback. Your comments are highly valuable to us and will assist us in our continuous efforts to maintain and improve the service level we aim for. I appreciate feedback that we receive, whether positive and negative to ensure we provide the best level of service and facilities that we can give to our guests. Thank you again for your review and I hope to have an opportunity of welcoming you back again soon.

Krysllin G.

Reviewed 23 September 2013

It was just fine; reasonably clean and neat, convenient to the highway. I will say the double beds were very small and it was not convenient that the weekend b'fast starts at 6:30am and I had to leave at 615 but oh well. I'd stay there again for the same event.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Vernon-Manchester, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2013

Dear BigCJ65,

Thank you for writing a review about your recent stay with us. We work very hard to ensure our facilities and service are superior and we strive to be the best Holiday Inn Express around. It is always great to hear from our guests on how we are doing. Your patronage and support to the hotel is very important to us and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Lera P
IHGCare

Also consider these accommodations in or near Vernon
Hampton Inn & Suites Hartford-Manchester
Residence Inn Hartford Manchester
2 mi away
Courtyard Hartford Manchester
Fairfield Inn & Suites Hartford Manchester

Been to Holiday Inn Express Vernon-Manchester? Share your experiences!