“Loved the vintage experience”

The Wallingford Victorian Inn
Ranked #1 of 2 Wallingford B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 14 March 2007

What a lovely bed & breakfast in Connecticut!! The owners are absolutely wonderful hosts and a divine breakfast was served with such class!! I love the updated restorations to preserve this
great home!! You will love the experience.
debbie jenkins Gaylord Michigan

• Stayed: October 2006, travelled on business
1  Thank pagirl-7

Reviewed 7 March 2007

Nice Victorian (Queen Anne, I think) place on a quiet street. Easy to get to. Hosts are pleasant 'down homey' folks. Good for couples or singles, might be problematic for families, but maybe not. Nice decor, comfortable bed. Good stay. If you are in to B&B's and abhor national hotel chains, I recommend you try out.

• Stayed: February 2007, travelled as a couple
1  Thank BigLarr
Reviewed 6 March 2007

My boyfriend and I were looking to get away from the city for a weekend and spend a nice quiet weekend together. The Wallingford B&B was the perfect choice.

We arrived on Friday night and were greeted by Becky who welcomed us with a big smile. Our room was very charming, yet still large and comfortable. It was clean, the bed was made and there was a box of Valentine's chocolates waiting for us on our pillow (since it was the weekend of Valentine's day). The best thing was when we went to sleep and for a nice change from the city, it was absolutely silent and completely dark in the room. It was so peaceful, we loved it!

The next morning we were greeted by Becky who made us our breakfast (including her pancake muffins, which she had just thought up to make...they were delicious, by the way!). The breakfast was delicious, and it was great being surrounded by the antiques and "Victorian house" atmosphere.

We and the other couple that were dining were a little shy to talking, but Becky was great at stirring up conversations, as well as guiding us to the many things to do in town. (One tip she gave was that The Tavern on Main St. was not actually a Tavern, but a great restaurant with a bad name. She was so right!)

To wrap this up, all in all, our stay here was absolutely wonderful! We were very welcomed and were able to relax just as we had intended. I strongly recommend staying here, it made for a wonderful weekend getaway!

• Stayed: February 2007, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 March 2007

My husband and I were in need of a getaway and The Wallingford Bed and Breakfast was a great place to go. We had a great time. They are far enough away from the main roads to be quiet but close enough to many attractions so you can fully enjoy your visit. The house was so beautiful. My husband loved the handiwork of all the wood features. We loved that we felt like the only couple there even though at breakfast we were joined with many others. We both loved the food sooooo much. Anyone with the chance to get away who would like to treat themselves or thier loved ones should definitely book some time at this very beautiful victorian bed and breakfast.

Stayed: February 2007
1  Thank love06790
Reviewed 12 December 2006

In dire need of a getaway, I found Wallingford Victorian B&B on the Internet, but it's the kind of place a good friend would have recommended.

While I was drawn by the stunning picture of the Gothic architecture and horsedrawn carriage at Christmastime -- though it was mid-summer when I visited! -- it was the warmth of the innkeepers and peaceful setting that touched me most.

That said, I loved the design of the house, which reminded me of a haunted manse. The innkeeper, Becky, told me a story of just such a reported incident.

That was enough to delight the kid in me, while the adult -- who dreams of something besides soggy McMuffin-type eggs and stale cereal -- pined for a delicious breakfast. That I got.

Hubby Dave was talented in the kitchen, whipping up my made-to-order eggs with cheese and red onions, which I ate in their oversized Victorian dining room on a stunning table fit for a family of 12.

I also loved touches such as the English campaigns about the fireplace in the main parlor and the specialized tile work in the main entry hall. The Royalty-themed rooms were a nice touch.

I am anxious to see if Becky's redecorated as she said she planned to do. A few more Victorian touches would have worked for me, but overall this was such a treat.

And oh yes, my stay further inspired a desire to get out of busy Manhattan and back to Connecticut. Which I soon did ...

THAT is say ing something.

• Stayed: November 2006, travelled solo
2  Thank Tortoise19
Reviewed 21 May 2004

Becky and Dave could not have been more charming, we loved their hospitality. Wallingford is a quaint town with some marvelous places to eat and visit. Lovely lamp shop with gorgeous Tiffany type fistures. Their home features some incredible stained glass windows and a lovely dining room complete with a sumptuous home made breakfast.

4  Thank gecat
A TripAdvisor Member
Bridgeport, CT
Reviewed 28 January 2004

Becky and Dave were wonderful. Our stay was relaxing and the whirlpool tub in the Margaret was an extra special treat. The remodeled bathroom is modern and beautiful. Breakfast in the main dining room was delicious and Becky and Dave even sat with us and we talked for over an hour.We took brochures for all of our friends and will definately book another stay.I would like to try the jucuzzi for two the next time!Bianca and Benjamin Rivera

2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wallingford
Hilton Garden Inn Wallingford / Meriden
#1 of 5 in Madison
The Copper Beech Inn
The Copper Beech Inn
#1 of 2 in Ivoryton

Been to The Wallingford Victorian Inn? Share your experiences!