“Definitely a great find!”
Review of Plaza Azteca

Plaza Azteca
Ranked #107 of 179 Restaurants in Wallingford
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 13 November 2013

We were greeted by a nice young lady who promptly sat us at a booth.
Tony, our waiter, was polite and he had a great smile.

Clean, casual, friendly and good place to take your family to. I thought the music was a bit loud for the background.

We ordered for dinner:

Camarones Al Mojo de Ajo – jumbo shrimp with dices of avocado, onions and tomatoes over a bed of rice.
Pescado Azteca – Mahi Mahi with shrimp, scallops, mushrooms, spinach, peppers in a wine sauce with an order of mashed potatoes.

And for dessert:

Banana Cheesecake
Peanut Butter Cheesecake

We had a wonderful meal to end our day.

Reviewed 20 September 2013

Was so excited to try out this place last time I was home for a visit.

My favorite part of my experience here was the table side guacamole. The guacamole itself was good but it adds a little something special when you can actually see it being made. He also made it perfect with the perfect amount of heat to it. The chips were nice and crispy, not overly salted and NOT stale.

The serving sizes for all the entrees seemed large. I only had the guacamole, so I can't say anything except for everything that everyone ordered looked and smelt good. We had a couple of picky people in our party, and the server and chef catered to the "picky eater's" needs. Everyone seemed happy with their food, no complaints.

Though I loved the decor, the only thing I wasn't impressed with was the seating. There are a whole bunch of tables, but it seems kind of tight (especially for parties larger than 2). Don't let this stop you from giving it a try though. I will definitely stop by for some more guacamole next time Im in the area!

Reviewed 23 July 2013

I got chicken burritos and they were delish. The service was great. Chips and salsa were served immediately and drinks were replaced as needed. I got a side of pico de gallo which was fresh and well prepared. For dessert my table shared churros which I highly recommend.

Reviewed 19 July 2013

We've been here a few times now and always had a great time and the food is great. The table made guacamole is very good. The chicken tortilla soup is excellent and pretty filling. Also try the jalapeño Infuse drink. Outstanding. Vinnie is a master and takes pride in his drink making skills.

Reviewed 30 June 2013

Our server Melanie is the best dining guide we have ever had! She is fun, attentive and lead us to menu items we hadn't originally considered which turned out be outstanding. The tableside guacamole is average. The entrees are all better than average, especially the Camarones al Mojo de Ajo and Steak Azteca. Save room for Churros to share. If you go during prime time it is crowded but if you go early on Saturday or Sunday you pretty much have the place to yourself.