“Dependable Mediteranian food”

Laskara's Restaurant
Ranked #11 of 178 Restaurants in Wallingford
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Cheshire, Connecticut
“Dependable Mediteranian food”
Reviewed 13 January 2013 via mobile

Dine at this restaurant often food is consistanly good . Family style Greek salad is served which is excellent . Quiet atmosphere with many booths allows for quiet conversation . Out of the way neighborhood gem

Wallingford
“Friendly servers. Simple yet effective menu.”
Reviewed 6 January 2013

I have been here several times with my family and once with my girlfriend for our first date. The setting is very cozy and welcoming. Every visit I've been here has been good. The staff is friendly, attentive, and courteous. A good choice for a romantic night out or special occasion. The menu is on the expensive side but the food and atmosphere is well worth the cost.

The salad here is the best I can remember having in a long time. I have ordered the lasagna, chicken, and salmon here. Every dish was flavorful, filling, and adequately portioned. They have dinner specials on certain weeknights, check for these if you are looking to save some money.

• Visited February 2012
1 Thank Ryan D
Connecticut
“Excellent First Impression”
Reviewed 5 January 2013

They say you only get one chance to make a first impression. With that in mind, our first visit to Laskara's was a welcome experience. We were visiting a friend at Gaylord Rahab Center and found this restaurant almost by accident.

We were welcomed at the door and immediately seated in a comfortable booth. The dining room was a bit retro; a throwback to the days when you'd have a leisurely, comfortable dinner. Our waiter was prompt, attentive and knowledgeable. We received three menus: an early bird menu (we arrived prior to 5:30 p.m.), a menu of daily specials and the regular menu. We ordered two selections off the early bird menu as all meals came with an appetizer (Spanokopita), Greek salad (family style), entree, a choice of 3 deserts and coffee/tea. The entrees from the early bird menu are smaller in size compared to the regular menu but the quality of the food was not lacking. Overall, Laskara's made a very good first impression and we'll be sure to return.

Note: While they do offer children's selections, I didn't get the feeling that my first destination for families with young children who want to get in and get out.

• Visited January 2013
Branford, Connecticut, United States
“Went back for the first time in a few years and.... EXCELLENT as always”
Reviewed 3 October 2012

Just happened to be in the area when a friend called to have a dinner out. And just as I remember it, it was awesome :) We had Spanokopita and the flaming cheese dish as appetizers, shared a bottle of Hess Chardonnay, and I had the Sea Bass (unbelievably good) and my friend had the Seafood del Mar with a white wine sauce (she loved it). We had baklava and the choc cake and coffee for dessert. Our server (JP) was excellent . I cannot say enough good things about this place. I use to live in the area and go at least once a month but since moving I havent been back in a while. One good hint is that if you are planning a nice date night out, request the table near the wood stove in advance, it is really nice, romantic and of course warm :)..

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank italianfoodfan100
Wallingford
“exceptional service great selection of food”
Reviewed 1 September 2012

I am not sure what it call but it was a great appetizer It was a melted cheese and then they set it on fire. they always have a great selection on their menue

Visited April 2012