“Good Mediterranean food.”

Ranked #9 of 182 Restaurants in Wallingford
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 23 September 2013 via mobile

Restaurant is off the beaten track but worth finding . Locals know about it . Good Mediterranean food with a nice selection of interesting dishes. Nice selection of classic Greek dishes. Very nice family style salad is served with dinner .

Reviewed 6 September 2013

My husband and I were both having our cars serviced at a local dealership late one morning. Not familiar with area restaurants I stumbled upon the great reviews here for Laskara and we tried it out. It is a little tricky to find out near The Farms Country Club but so glad we found it. It was very attractive inside but very quiet at lunchtime...even better for us. We were most warmly greeted by staff and had our choice of seating. We chose a nice booth. Menu was pretty extensive with even rack of lamb as a luncheon choice something you rarely see. My husband chose his favorite linguini con vongole which he inhaled and loved. I chose the fried oysters which were the absolute best I ever had..fresh tasting and fried to perfection. Service was excellent too. The portion sizes were good also. At dinner they serve a family style Greek salad which I would like to try too. Prices are more than fair I would say. Being set out of the way this is a destination restaurant. Most people plan to go there. I suspect they are busy at dinner so reservations might be needed. I would say this is an exceptionally good restaurant. With or without having our cars serviced we plan to come again and again. Give it a try...you will be impressed.

Reviewed 17 June 2013 via mobile

We did a quick trip advisor search while traveling back up the highway from New Haven to Massachusetts. This one seemed not too far off the highway with some really good ratings. This place is really in the middle of nowhere and only about 10 minutes off the highway. Very glad we stopped! It was my wife and I and we walked into a quiet restaurant and were immediately seated in a booth in the back. For a Saturday night, it was a surprising light crowd. Is say maybe 15% of the seats were filled. We started our meal with some bread and drinks. The bread was very hard for my liking, not stale, just the type of bread was a harder bread. I had a Stella and my wife had the margarita martini which she thoroughly enjoyed. I ordered the lobster bisque as a starter and I'm so glad I did despite the $9.99 price tag. It was the best I have ever had. It had chunks of lobster in it and wasn't light and soupy but more thick and saucy with a nice creaminess. I dipped the bread in this too and it softened it up some. Then we were brought the salad and that was very good too. A nice mix of veggies and cheeses. For dinner my wife had the stuffed shrimp and I had the paella. Both were very good dishes. The paella was a smorgasbord of seafood, sausage and rice. All in all this was a great place to eat. Our waiter was very good, but could've been a little more inquisitive when it came to removing our plates and bringing our food. Aside from that, the place was fantastic! Worth a stop for sure!

Reviewed 15 May 2013

We went for lunch and it was quiet. This is a quiet unassuming place but also has very good service and very good food. We weren't disappointed this time.

Shrimp cocktail is expensive but never a disappointment, fantastic. Drinks and service were great. We enjoy the experience each time we go. Definitely would recommend this place. Just go, you won't be disappointed.

Reviewed 28 April 2013 via mobile

We live in Wallingford and were looking for prime rib. We checked the Internet and found this wonderful resteraunt stuck in the back woods of Wallingford. The service is impeccable. We both had oysters for an appetizer along with wings. There is a great selection of wines and beer along with a fully stocked bar. The prime rib was very flavorful and tender. With the appetizers, the regular cut was plenty for our appetites. Beware of the desert cart. It will add five pounds. Enjoy!