“Great option in New Haven area”

Courtyard New Haven Wallingford
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Wallingford
Reviewed 26 March 2013

Stayed one night on my way to NY. Arrived late 11:30 pm....hotel is right off the highway. Felt safe as a female traveler. Building/parking layout is not ideal in that not all entrances lead to all elevators -- but once you figure it out it's fine.

Staff welcoming and helpful. Accomodations neat and clean. Very good value. Cafe in the lobby with a complete breakfast menu -- you pay, but it's worth it. They apparently serve later in the day also, but i was gone by then.

I recommend it.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo

Reviewed 12 February 2013

I can't say enough positive things about my recent experience at this hotel. I stayed there during Storm Nemo as a precautionary measure. This particular property has been our "home away from home" for the past three huge storms that CT has faced and I would go back in a nano second. The Manager and Staff were polite, cheerful, and helpful beyond the call of duty, without exception. Circumstances were difficult at best and they never failed to be courteous, even though most of them had been there without a break for three or four days and with very little sleep. They even helped me dig out my car which was completely buried under about 5 feet of snow.I have stayed in a number of Marriott properties all over the world and in my opinion this ranks as one of the top ones for the type of hotel that it is. Kudos and many thanks to all of them!!!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 30 January 2013

The first thing I thought after taking just a few steps inside was "Love the Lobby!" Great colors everywhere. I was with a few of my colleagues and we needed a place to review and wrap up from the days business. Lucky for us the lobby contains a well planned assortment of nooks and crannies where you can relax and have a conversation. It was a great place to unwind after a long day.

Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 December 2012

My family stayed here towards the beginning of October for an unfortunate circumstance. We had four rooms, they were clean, well serviced, attentive front desk check in/out and we probably made their bar revenue for October.

I had left an item behind in one of our rooms. I followed up the day after and again later in the week via phone when I made it back to another part of the country. Only after I stumbled through how to actually complain to corporate (1 week after no followup) online did I get an email from the GM suggesting was I sure I left said item.

Later in the week, I received an essay email from an ops manager at the property who actually cc'd 5-6 unknown recipients, probably superiors, nonetheless ridiculously unprofessional. Anyway, in essence, hid behind a natural disaster that occurred 2 1/2 weeks after we checked out and re-affirmed that I most likely did not leave an item behind.

I asked to be left alone from the company in my reply, and from someone who had spent over half a decade in the industry (management, five star) this was truly beneath Marriott.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Andrew G
Reviewed 21 November 2012

We've stayed here a number of times while visiting family in Cheshire, a 10 minute drive away. The lady who takes care of the breakfast room has been doing a bang up job the last three times we've stayed here. We've noticed that at other hotels sometimes the breakfast rooms aren't kept up or the food stocked, but despite the fact that the hotel was pretty busy she's managed to stay ahead of the crowd and she has a nice disposition and great attitude.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 November 2012

In returning from Maine, we wanted to stop in New Haven. I got the hotel for $65 off Priceline, a good deal. Property is conveniently located right off I-84. Despite proximity to highway, we slept well. It is a standard property and good for a solid night's sleep. Unlike many hotels, Courtyard doesn't offer free breakfast. We started to get breakfast offerings from their "Bistro" but there were several hungry young basketball players so we opted for Rick's on 5, a popular restaurant with locals. It was a great breakfast with really good omelets.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 November 2012

great hotel to relax. neat, price is great, especially if you are a Marriott rewards member. safe and a couple of miles away from shopping and restaurants. The room was spacious, clean and the staff was extremely polite. I needed to check in a bit earlier than usual and they were more than willing to accommodate. I requested a room at the higher level along with extra pillows..check,check.

Room Tip: higher floor have less noise