“Would have been Excellent if it wasn't for a Lazy Maid.”

Courtyard New Haven Wallingford
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Wallingford
“Would have been Excellent if it wasn't for a Lazy Maid.”
Reviewed 11 February 2014

Checked in with my family on 02/08...front desk personnel was very nice and professional....the candy, box of skittles & chocolate was $6.32, way over priced...should be no more than $3.00. Asked the young lady for a menu to see what is served for breakfast and realized no prices are printed on the menu. This is not good, especially when you are on a budget and paying for college...and would like to know what breakfast for a family of 4 will cost you!! As soon as I saw that no prices were printed I knew it was going to be overpriced...and after the candy experience I knew best to find a good breakfast place outside...I'll tell you about that place a little later. Must say the Hotel is very modern, nicely up kept, the rooms are the same, modern very comfortable. The setup of the room is also very good the vanity and closet are in the same area, and the bathroom is seperate...and away from the bedroom. The other complaint...and is a very valid one was the my sheets were full of hair..everywhere....It took 5 lint sheets to take off the hair, (gathering evidence just in case front desk didn't believe me) I called the front desk and they immediately sent someone over to switch out the sheets. The people that came did it very quickly and professionally and apologized for the inconvienance...Now the sheets were nice, crisp, and fresh...If It wasn't for the hair experience, I would have rated it EXCELLENT. Now going back to breakfast, found a very good breakfast place called Dads...pancakes are the size frisbies check out their website:..http://www.dadswallingford.com/Home.html
The place is not modern, a bit worn down inside, but the food is right on!!! It more like a mom and pop place.. Breakfast for a family of 4, $44.00..and we all had big meals..try the pancakes and the eggs were made perfectly. The staff is also great...

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
Lindsay P, Operations Supervisor at Courtyard New Haven Wallingford, responded to this review, 16 February 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write such a detailed review Jdam124! We truly appreciate you sharing your feedback with us so that we may continue to deliver the exceptional service Marriott guests are accustom to. I am so sorry to hear you found your guest room unacceptable. As a hotel we strive to provide a clean and comfortable stay for all of our guests and an uncleanly guest room is not a standard at our hotel. My sincerest apologize for that experience. Aside from that and the pricing, I was pleased to hear you found your stay enjoyable! Thank you again and we hope to see you in the future!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
  • Korean first
San Antonio
Reviewed 15 January 2014

I have stayed at this hotel and the Fairfield Inn across the street and I personally enjoy this hotel so much more. They gave me a room overlooking the court yard. It was so quiet and peaceful! The bed is very comfortable and the hotel is extremely clean.
If you need a hotel for a baseball team where kids need to run around and vent energy - go across the street. They seem to cater toward group sports teams that are loud and unruly. However, if you need a relaxing, quiet, businesslike atmosphere, than this is the hotel for you.
Wonderful staff; good food; clean and comfortable; indoor pool is beautiful; great service.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the court yard are extremely quiet.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
Lindsay P, Operations Supervisor at Courtyard New Haven Wallingford, responded to this review, 30 January 2014
Thank you for the wonderful review Barbara H! We appreciate you taking the time to review our hotel; I have shared your kind words with our associates. The atmosphere you described experiencing at our hotel is exactly the atmosphere we pride ourselves on providing to our guests! We greatly appreciate your business and we hope your visits continue.
Kingman, Arizona
Reviewed 14 January 2014

The hotel looks newly remodeled. When I arrived I was greeted by Lindsey and she was very friendly, warm and inviting. She is definitely one of the many assets you have in your organization. I stayed in a king room and it was nice to have a sitting area with a small couch in the room as well. Every room had a small balcony which was a really nice touch but unfortunately the weather was cold and snowy so I wasn't able to use it. There was also a breeze coming from the balcony even though it was closed so I just turned the heat up a bit and that was fine.
I took a walk around the hotel and went into the pool area, it was about 5:00 and there weren't any lights on. I couldn't figure out how to turn the lights on but just to let you know this is a hazard. Also, one of the computers in the business center froze and no one on staff could figure out what to do to get it running again.
I did eat breakfast at the bistro. The staff was friendly and the breakfast was good.

Room Tip: Every room has a balcony. My room was next to the elevator and I heard very little noise.
Green Features: The hotel was totally non-smoking and they had one small area outside for smoker's.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Thank you so much for your feedback Amanda S! It was great hearing from you! I’m very happy you enjoyed your stay with us and thank you so much for the kind words. The lights in the indoor pool area have been fixed accordingly so next time you are in town you can enjoy a nice swim! Your business is greatly appreciated and we look forward to your next trip!
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 2 January 2014 via mobile

The front desk clerk Peter was very friendly. The room was newly remodeled and clean. I wish they left more than one regular and one decaf pod of coffee the first night. I left a note for housekeeping and they did leave two regular coffee pods for the second morning. Breakfast is not free but was nice. The lobby was contemporary and inviting.

We stayed on the second floor which I would recommend as another family member who was also staying at the property during our visit mentioned the headlights from cars parking in the lot shine right into the room.

All in all nice property and service for such a small town.

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Lindsay P, Operations Supervisor at Courtyard New Haven Wallingford, responded to this review, 11 January 2014
Thank you so much for staying at the Wallingford Courtyard by Marriott mzbrat and also for taking the time to review our hotel! We are constantly working on perfecting the services we provide and your feedback is much appreciated. Peter is a wonderful customer service agent and I’m so glad to hear your enjoyed your stay! On your next stay please feel free to call the front desk, at any hour, and have extra coffee delivered right to your room! Thank you again for your review and we hope to see you again soon!
Hartford, Connecticut
Reviewed 20 December 2013

Stayed here during a snowstorm on December 13th and 14th with my kids for a concert at nearby Oakdale Theater. It was a very busy weekend at the hotel, as there were a whole lot of families staying here for a squash tournament. The Bistro restaurant was very busy for breakfast, but the staff was efficient, professional and always had service with a smile. There was a wide variety of food available at the restaurant and the mini market, which was very helpful since the storm lasted all day Saturday. We were all able to find something to eat before heading out for the concert, even my daughter who is vegetarian. Of course it was a bit pricey, but for me the convenience was worth it so I didn't have to do extra driving to find food. We saw lots of different people at the front desk over our stay, but everyone did an outstanding job. The hotel was very clean and the cleaning staff was very friendly offering their concerns about road conditions and letting us know how their drive in was. The parking lot was kept well during the storm with plowing and sand. I would have given 5 star rating, except that the indoor pool area was cold and there were spots on the stairs and bottom of the pool that needed repair, large sections look liked paint had chipped off. We would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: During cold weather request a room that faces the courtyard, as we stayed during very cold temps and...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Lindsay P, Operations Supervisor at Courtyard New Haven Wallingford, responded to this review, 21 December 2013
Thank you for your feedback Mary H! I am very pleased to hear you had a pleasant stay during the recent snow storm! Our team members are definitely working harder than ever to make each guests stay an enjoyable one and your thoughtful comments are greatly appreciated! I have great news for you, this upcoming year our pool is getting resurfaced which is the last leg to our renovation process. Hopefully on your next stay you’ll be able to enjoy it! Thank you again for your feedback and we look forward to your next visit!
Massachusetts
Reviewed 12 December 2013

We've stayed here several times on our way to/from New York City and we really appreciate the cleanliness and comfort of the room as well as the professional competence of all the staff we've interacted with. Easy off/on the highway and a decent little restaurant inside that offers a good breakfast.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Thank you so much for your kind words BabaAus! We greatly appreciate you taking the time to provide feedback. I am so happy to hear you have always had an enjoyable stay here at The Wallingford Courtyard. We look forward to seeing you again soon!
Royal Palm Beach, Florida
Reviewed 22 November 2013

Very comfortable facility, nice lobby and super friendly staff. Our first night the heat in our room would not work being from south of the mason dixon line it was quite chilly but the staff offered us a new room, extra blankets and a midnight snack for our inconvenience. The extra attention was quite impressive,. The room had a frig, hotel style coffee maker and was very clean. There were a few things that were a little disappointing, the pool was closed and no complimentary coffee in the lobby during the morning, although afternoons had some cookies and drinks. All in all I would return because cleanliness, convenience and service are the most important.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Lindsay P, Operations Supervisor at Courtyard New Haven Wallingford, responded to this review, 9 December 2013
Thank you for your feedback Icb52! I’m so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay! I sincerely apologize for your inconvenience! Our guests comfort and satisfaction is of utmost importance and I can assure you this is not a typical challenge here at the hotel. We did have to close our pool recently for a few hours to install a new water heater. On your next stay I hope you find the time to enjoy our pool, open every day 6:00am-11:00pm! Thank you again for your feedback and we look forward to seeing you soon!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wallingford
Homewood Suites Wallingford-Meriden
Hilton Garden Inn Wallingford / Meriden
Fairfield Inn New Haven Wallingford
Hampton Inn Meriden - Wallingford
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Hartford Meriden
Comfort Inn & Suites Conference Center

Been to Courtyard New Haven Wallingford? Share your experiences!