“Best hotel in Wallingford CT”

Courtyard New Haven Wallingford
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Wallingford
Reviewed 22 July 2014

The staff was so attentive. It was yes Mrs. Bauman and thank you Mrs. Bauman. They really cater to what your needs are. The hotel was very clean and there is a bar/cafe available in the lobby during breakfast and dinner.
Pretty modern and a little boutique which was very refreshing. I would definitely stay there again!!

Room Tip: Second floor and away from the highway.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank 34pc
Charles W, Manager at Courtyard New Haven Wallingford, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2014

Thank you very much for your kind words about our property, staff and amenities! We work to make sure every guest walking into our doors has the best hotel experience they have ever had. We hope to see you again very soon! Have a great summer!

Reviewed 14 July 2014

I've used points to stay here twice. The rooms are clean and have a balcony. As this property sits on the highway it can be very noisy out there but it's perfectly quiet in the rooms. CHALLENGES: parking is hard. There is none in the front and I mean zero. All the spots near the side doors are handicapped so I always end up walking farther then I would like to. And as I write this I'm about to take a shower with only a hand towel to dry off with. I heard them closing and opening doors about 11pm. When I looked out my peephole it was a cart just full of towels. Wish I had looked. I'm guessing they cleaned the rooms and the laundry was backed up. Other than the towels I really like it here and will stay again in 6 weeks

Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to write such a detailed review Whereaminow1! We truly appreciate you sharing your feedback with us so that we may continue to deliver the exceptional service Marriott guests are accustom to. I am so sorry to hear you found our parking lot unacceptable. As a hotel we strive to provide the best experience to each and everyone of our guest. My sincerest apologize for that experience. Thank you again and we hope to see you in the future

Reviewed 30 June 2014

My husband and I recently had an occasion to stay two evenings at this Courtyard. Upon entering the lobby, we were greeted like valued customers and checked in by a very professional, friendly young lady with a great smile. We found our room spotless and very comfortable. The hotel courtyard was absolutely gorgeous and bursting with color! There was even a family of a mother duck and six or seven little ones who resided in the courtyard.....so cute!
We would highly recommend this hotel! You can tell the staff really takes pride in this property!

Room Tip: A room overlooking the courtyard with a balcony is very romantic. Sitting outside enjoying the las...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Greg D
Charles W, Manager at Courtyard New Haven Wallingford, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2014

Thank you so much for the positive feedback Greg D. Our staff takes great pride in making sure every guests feels welcome in our hotel and enjoys the facility. We are glad you enjoyed your visit, as well as our family of ducks!!! Have a great summer!

Reviewed 24 June 2014

My family spent the weekend at the Wallingford Courtyard Marriott for a wedding. We were traveling with our two children ages 8 and 6. The hotel accommodations were very good and the staff was great especially Charles. The suite we stayed in was comfortable for a family of 4.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Stefanie K

Thank you for the wonderful review Stefanie K! We appreciate you taking the time to review our hotel; I have shared your kind words with our associates. It was our pleasure having you and your family stay with us! We greatly appreciate your business and we hope your visits continue.

Reviewed 22 June 2014

Second time staying at the Marriott Courtyard in Wallingford, Ct. Both times I've been greeted like it really means something -- a positive experience from the moment you check in. Rooms are clean and large enough. The free Wi-Fi just simply makes sense. All in all, a quite nice place to stay and enjoy.

Room Tip: Would suggest requesting a room facing the courtyard
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank jdadair
Charles W, Manager at Courtyard New Haven Wallingford, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2014

Thank you so much for the wonderful feedback Jdadair! Our team members work very hard at making our guests happy and it is so great to see their efforts noticed! We are glad you enjoyed your stay and look forward to your next visit to Wallingford!

Reviewed 19 May 2014

To start, the rooms were clean, modern, comfortable and nicely decorated. The heating and cooling system was efficient, effective and easy to work. So far, so good. The parking at the hotel is kind of weird as the parking lot wraps completely around the building. If you arrive late, you could walk a long way. Plus, the portico over the front door where you would pick up and discharge passengers always seemed be blocked by some type of utility vehicle. The lobby bistro was anything but a pleasant experience. Finding a clean table was the first chore. The night we arrived, we were informed by the Bistro staff that the "ovens were closed." The next morning we arrived for breakfast at exactly 9:30. Upon ordering a plate of fried eggs and bacon from the very limited menu, I was again informed by someone with the demeanor of a junk yard dog that the ovens were again closed and that only simple things could be served. They would, however, make a BLT sandwich. When I informed noted that the BLT contained friends eggs and bacon, I was again informed that the ovens were closed and that they were serving only simple things. The sandwich, when it arrived, was palatable. Maybe the Bistro staff just had an off day but they ruined my stay.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Ben C
Charles W, Manager at Courtyard New Haven Wallingford, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2014

Thank you for your review Ben C! We appreciate you taking the time to review our hotel and your kind words about our rooms. It sounds like you stayed with us during a busy night! While we do have on-site parking for all our guest, it can be a short walk through our parking lot on sold out nights. Our Bistro is open from 6:30am to 9:30am in the morning and 5:00pm to 10:00pm in the evening. As a Courtyard Standard we do always offer Starbucks Coffee 24 hours. We hope you will give us another try and look forward to your next visit to Wallingford!

Reviewed 19 May 2014

Stayed here for three nights for business. Hotel room was well equipped with all I needed, there was even a computer and a printer at the lobby solely dedicated to printing airline boarding passes. The hotel was renovated, quite modern and appealing. There was a small restaurant at the lobby and served Starbucks coffee. The complimentary cookies and juice served at the lobby in the afternoon was a nice touch, as always with any other Marriott hotels, but what was nice here was the chocolate chip cookies were abundant and were they ever so good and moist! Room was clean, with a nice big screen tv. I requested for extra coffee, tea and creamer, from the housekeeper which was provided for instantly. The only thing was that the room had no safe. There was a small fridge, which came in handy. I requested for the courtyard view, so I could avoid hearing the noise from the street. There was a balcony, too, great while taking your morning coffee. Staff were very friendly, professional and courteous. Would definitely recommend this hotel and would stay here again.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the courtyard are more quiet.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank jovet
Charles W, Manager at Courtyard New Haven Wallingford, responded to this reviewResponded 24 May 2014

Thank you so much for your kind words! We greatly appreciate you taking the time to provide feedback. I am so happy to hear that you had an enjoyable stay here at The Wallingford Courtyard. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Wallingford
Hilton Garden Inn Wallingford / Meriden
Fairfield Inn New Haven Wallingford
Homewood Suites Wallingford-Meriden
7 mi away
Best Western Plus North Haven Hotel
Comfort Inn & Suites Conference Center
3 mi away
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Hartford Meriden

Been to Courtyard New Haven Wallingford? Share your experiences!