“Courtyard Coffee”

Courtyard New Haven Wallingford
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Wallingford
Reviewed 12 August 2014

I like this hotel. It's clean and affordable and always a nice stay. So sorry about the coffee. Only Starbuck dark roast? Come on. It's bad enough that there is NO free coffee in the lobby, but the only coffee available to purchase is the stomach sizzling dark Starchucks. They did a nice job with the renovations of this Marriott property, now if we could only get some medium roast coffee.

Room Tip: The hotel is close to I-91 but the noise level in the rooms is surprisingly quiet.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Charles W, Manager at Courtyard New Haven Wallingford, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2014

Thank You Ricky D for your review. Our Bistro now offers a Bold Robust Roast and a Lighter Blonde Roast for our coffee drinkers!

Reviewed 31 July 2014

Was visiting Quinnipiac College and chose to stay here - the staff is extremely friendly and attentive - check in was a bit slow since there was only one person on and I had to wait behind several people. The hotel is very clean - but the rooms show their age. The bathrooms are definitely needing to be redone - and because they are so old, there are some issues with the bathroom - the a/c cycles on and off throughout the night - so a bit hard to sleep through. Parking is definitely a challenge, as other reviewers have stated. The bistro is cute, limited menu, but so convenient since there isn't anything really close to the hotel. Definitely ask for a courtyard view instead of the parking lot. you will have a small balcony to sit out in nice weather.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Thank You for your review. We take all suggestions and feedback very seriously. We hope if you are ever in the area you will choose to stay with us here at the Wallingford Courtyard by Marriott. If I can be assistance, please feel free to contact me.

Reviewed 22 July 2014

The staff was so attentive. It was yes Mrs. Bauman and thank you Mrs. Bauman. They really cater to what your needs are. The hotel was very clean and there is a bar/cafe available in the lobby during breakfast and dinner.
Pretty modern and a little boutique which was very refreshing. I would definitely stay there again!!

Room Tip: Second floor and away from the highway.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank 34pc
Charles W, Manager at Courtyard New Haven Wallingford, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2014

Thank you very much for your kind words about our property, staff and amenities! We work to make sure every guest walking into our doors has the best hotel experience they have ever had. We hope to see you again very soon! Have a great summer!

Reviewed 14 July 2014

I've used points to stay here twice. The rooms are clean and have a balcony. As this property sits on the highway it can be very noisy out there but it's perfectly quiet in the rooms. CHALLENGES: parking is hard. There is none in the front and I mean zero. All the spots near the side doors are handicapped so I always end up walking farther then I would like to. And as I write this I'm about to take a shower with only a hand towel to dry off with. I heard them closing and opening doors about 11pm. When I looked out my peephole it was a cart just full of towels. Wish I had looked. I'm guessing they cleaned the rooms and the laundry was backed up. Other than the towels I really like it here and will stay again in 6 weeks

Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to write such a detailed review Whereaminow1! We truly appreciate you sharing your feedback with us so that we may continue to deliver the exceptional service Marriott guests are accustom to. I am so sorry to hear you found our parking lot unacceptable. As a hotel we strive to provide the best experience to each and everyone of our guest. My sincerest apologize for that experience. Thank you again and we hope to see you in the future

Reviewed 30 June 2014

My husband and I recently had an occasion to stay two evenings at this Courtyard. Upon entering the lobby, we were greeted like valued customers and checked in by a very professional, friendly young lady with a great smile. We found our room spotless and very comfortable. The hotel courtyard was absolutely gorgeous and bursting with color! There was even a family of a mother duck and six or seven little ones who resided in the courtyard.....so cute!
We would highly recommend this hotel! You can tell the staff really takes pride in this property!

Room Tip: A room overlooking the courtyard with a balcony is very romantic. Sitting outside enjoying the las...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Greg D
Charles W, Manager at Courtyard New Haven Wallingford, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2014

Thank you so much for the positive feedback Greg D. Our staff takes great pride in making sure every guests feels welcome in our hotel and enjoys the facility. We are glad you enjoyed your visit, as well as our family of ducks!!! Have a great summer!

Reviewed 24 June 2014

My family spent the weekend at the Wallingford Courtyard Marriott for a wedding. We were traveling with our two children ages 8 and 6. The hotel accommodations were very good and the staff was great especially Charles. The suite we stayed in was comfortable for a family of 4.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Stefanie K

Thank you for the wonderful review Stefanie K! We appreciate you taking the time to review our hotel; I have shared your kind words with our associates. It was our pleasure having you and your family stay with us! We greatly appreciate your business and we hope your visits continue.

Reviewed 22 June 2014

Second time staying at the Marriott Courtyard in Wallingford, Ct. Both times I've been greeted like it really means something -- a positive experience from the moment you check in. Rooms are clean and large enough. The free Wi-Fi just simply makes sense. All in all, a quite nice place to stay and enjoy.

Room Tip: Would suggest requesting a room facing the courtyard
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank jdadair
Charles W, Manager at Courtyard New Haven Wallingford, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2014

Thank you so much for the wonderful feedback Jdadair! Our team members work very hard at making our guests happy and it is so great to see their efforts noticed! We are glad you enjoyed your stay and look forward to your next visit to Wallingford!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Wallingford
Hilton Garden Inn Wallingford / Meriden
Homewood Suites Wallingford-Meriden
Fairfield Inn New Haven Wallingford
Best Western Plus North Haven Hotel
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Hartford Meriden
Hampton Inn Meriden - Wallingford

Been to Courtyard New Haven Wallingford? Share your experiences!