The Dunloe
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$170
US$254
US$241
US$161
US$134
Killarney Court Hotel(Killarney)(Great Value!)
US$145
US$138
US$187
US$175
Hotels.com
US$328
US$219
TripAdvisor
All reviewsthe gapdrinks receptionwedding venuethe hotel managerjason cliffordbridal suiteindoor tennis courtsstar servicesecond to noneamazing hotelwould highly recommend this hotelring of kerryhorsesirelandkillarneypasture
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 7 August 2014

The Dunloe was a lovely hotel, not ultra modern, but well done and comfortable. The grounds were wonderful with sweeping gardens and a castle ruin on the grounds. Lots of places to take an evening or morning stroll. The service was great and the food was very good too. There were palomino horses that I walked over to see in a field on the grounds though I didn't ride due to time constraints. There was also a large enclosed pool. A great place to relax with a family.

Room Tip: This was a lovely rural setting and I can't imagine a room that didn't have a great view.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 August 2014

Went to the 5 star Dunloe for our honeymoon. Stayed in a Superior Room just beautiful were not used to that kind of style we were in heaven. Balcony with a unreal view of the gap of Dunloe. Horses on the field below. Couldn't ask for anything nicer, so peaceful and quite. Staff and management unreal friendly and very helpful couldn't do enough for you. Food so fresh tasty and unreal.The complimentary horse riding was a great high light and great fun.
It's a bit out from Killarney town if you wanted to head for a few pints with no complimentary bus a taxi in and out would cost you 40 euros. Other than that i will always go back.

Room Tip: All rooms unreal and if you could affort it go for an up grade
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Stayed for 3 nights in this nice hotel. First off, I did not have time to avail myself of the spa or pool or gym or horseback riding, so I cannot comment on those.

For me, the best part was the view from the dining room. Stunning views past verdant green pastures of Dunloe Gap. The food was good, not great, & a bit repetitive. The Bar does not share the same spectacular view as the restaurant, is very small, but still nice.

From approaching the hotel, I was underwhelmed. It reminded me a bit of a typical motel. But once inside, it is quite lovely. It is popular for weddings & they had a wedding reception every day I was there -- which also meant that the outside deck was closed.

The rooms have varied views, from stunning to not-so-great. No A/C & we were there during a hot spell, so our room was pretty uncomfortable. They did provide us with a fan, which helped. The room was nice & of good size, the bed comfortable, the linens nice. We had a persistent problem with the toilet not flushing & even though they came & checked it, it remained very temperamental.

Paying my bill was a hassle. I had "signed" for drinks in the bar, even though the bartenders never gave me an actual slip to sign. They had simply asked for my room number. Not a good system. The charges were not right & it took some work to get it straightened out.

One last thing -- this hotel is not IN Killarney, nor is it walkable to Killarney. It is more what I would call a "destination" hotel. If you have a car, it is a great place to escape the tourism in Killarney & still be close to all the wonderful things the area has to offer.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

we travel a lot.. and being a mixed irish italian english family we have family around the world and we are often on the road .. either for family commitments or business.
Last father's day my lovely wife treated me with an great surprise. she booked at the Dunloe and we hit the road. It s only 2 hrs from us and it s always a pleasure to go back to Kerry
The hotel is amazing.. location-wise it s fab and the service and the facilites are simply grand.
Travelling with an infant is not always easy and I must say the place is fantastic for kids. the park the swimming pool, the horseback riding facilities, the dining area and the entire hotel are fantastic.
The renovated castle and the rivers are a great add on to an already great hotel.
We had two breakfasts and two dinners and food was excellent and I must say breakfasts were one of the best I had in my life.

The room, we had a fab room with a fab view of the gap and the mountain and the service was amazing.
My daughter, 20 months had the best cot we could expect from a hotel and the welcome at the reception was brilliant. The staff was great and always ready to help
We were charged 50 euros more for a mistake made by tthe staff when typing the cost on the card machine but after a few phone calls we got refunded , so happy days and happy ending for an amazing weekend in a fab hotel .
I have already recommended it to all out family and friends coming from abroad when touring Kerry!!
Slan agus beannacht / health and blessing
Stef

Room Tip: get the room in the very end of the hotel and the very end of the corridor.. fab view
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Breathtaking views, superb amenities on site, staff exceptional, food and beverage top quality. Location perfect to start off on the Ring of Kerry - the on site children's playground was the best we have experienced. The room we had for 2 adults and 3 kids was huge - kids beds were in their own side room with their own bathroom. Adults bed massive and so comfortable. The grounds surrounding the hotel are beautiful. It's a 5 star experience without having to break the bank.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family