“Beautiful, relaxing, warm experience”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Washington Depot
Hidden Valley Bed & Breakfast
Norwalk, Connecticut
“Beautiful, relaxing, warm experience”
Reviewed 13 November 2013

My husband and I were looking for a quick getaway. I had read about Hidden Valley in Travel and Leisure. We stayed one night and could not have made a better choice. Her B and B is so inviting--the living room with fireplace is magnificent! It was in the perfect location--lots of great restaurants, wineries, site seeing near by. We will definitely be going back!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Providenciales
Reviewed 23 October 2013

Over 50 years I have stayed at many B & B's in the USA and Europe and two of them I would go out of my way to stay at again. One is in Scotland the other is Hidden Valley. It calls itself a B & B but it is much more than that. The attention to detail is first class. one is welcomed in to share the owners home. It is a home not just accommodation. In a wonderful, hidden forest with spectacular views. Just three available bedrooms, so quiet and relaxing. I could list the details; the tea on arrival, the facilities in our room, and generally around the house but just take it that the term B & B dose not do them justice. The breakfast was cooked to perfection, Regine is a great host. If you are lucky enough to find yourself staying here do make sure and visit Washington Green a treat to the eye. Dine at Oliva in New Preston.

Room Tip: Any of the three I am sure.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Rockland, Massachusetts
Reviewed 2 October 2013

As a short term honeymoon, my husband and I found the PERFECT "European" Country retreat. We married in late Sept. 2013 and driving to this destination the foliage was vibrant and made us feel at ease. Driving up the long, steep driveway, the hidden gem came into view - absolute amazement came over us. The rolling hillside, stone terrace with beautiful ivy and plants, and serene atmosphere made us feel we were back in the countryside of the Loire Valley in France. Walking into the "Red" room, the dutch dressers, comfortable bed, soft bathrobes, and complimentary sparkling champagne to celebrate our marriage was a true fairy tale. Regine, the owner, went out of her way to make everything perfect and made us feel at home. The main house with European paintings, classical music, and a delicious breakfast made my husband and I feel like royalty.

Room Tip: The "Red" room has its own access with small kitchenette and direct access to the terrace.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Old Lyme, Connecticut
Reviewed 15 September 2013

With grace and hospitality, in a sublimely beautiful setting, Regine welcomes guests as old friends.
She shares her stylish and sophisticated home, and provides every possible amenity and comfort. The morning begins with the sun rising over the valleys below, and as you make your way to the kitchen, the wonderful aromas of fresh brewed coffee and croissant baking in the oven are simply divine. After a day visiting White Flower Farm nd a long walk along Bee Brook watching a few master fly fisherman, we returned to Hidden Valley. Evening began on the one of the many terraces with the sun setting and a glass off wine. We headed off to one of the wonderful local restaurants for dinner (I think some of us were thinking "why leave Hidden Valley, let's just order in). At the end of the day, there was nothing better than to drift off to sleep in the most luxurious bed I can remember. Can't wait to return.

Room Tip: We stayed in the red room, which is on the main floor and very private with a well appointed bath. B...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 25 August 2013

Staying at the Hidden Valley B&B in early August 2013 was a wonderful and memorable experience. From the moment I arrived Regine Laverge-Schade the owner and operator of the b&b made me feel right at home in a beautiful room. The room had access to a beautiful stone terrace and its windows looked out onto the hills in the distance. It was my first time staying at a b&b in Litchfield County and I immediately wished I was staying for more than one night. I had total privacy and was surrounded by beauty. The whole atmosphere was designed with comfort in mind. Breakfast was amazing! There was a selection of fresh berries, coffee, cereal, and bacon too. I felt so pampered I wanted to stay longer! I highly recommend this lodging to anyone traveling with family, friends, or by themselves. A little slice of heaven in Washington, Connecticut! The b&b is a very short distance from Washington Depot where there are shops, one of my favorite bookshops-The Hickory Stick Bookshop, cafes, and restaurants.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
Somers, NY
Reviewed 3 August 2013

Regine is a terrific host and her home is just beautiful. The setting was the perfect place to forget about it all. Washington, CT is a charming area with lots to do from the more active like hiking , kayaking, etc. to the more passive (get a massage, look at flowers, etc.). We enjoyed the buzz of hummingbirds while sitting outside for breakfast.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
New York City, New York
Reviewed 15 July 2013

location, decoration, hospitality -- a unique experience of seclusion, serenity, warmth, and elegance, the brainchild of its immensely charming owner Regine, a good friend of nearby old friends who pointed us there, what a blessing. Nearby quaint towns are minutes away, but ideally, one could nestle in for days on end in one of the several stately yet cozy main floor rooms with a stack of books, or better yet, peruse Regine's own, vast library and its unexpected treasures. The hardest part was saying farewell. It'll be au revoir, for sure.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
#2 of 3 in New Milford
The Cornwall Inn
The Cornwall Inn
#1 of 1 in Cornwall

Been to Hidden Valley Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!