“Very nice room but. . .”
Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Waterbury
Reviewed 20 May 2014

The room was clean, very nice, and smelled fresh. The beds were very comfortable, and the showers were nice as well. It was nice to have a microwave and refrigerator in the room as well. The hotel is located in an old part of town on a busy road, so it was not what you would call a beautiful setting. The staff was nice, however we had to get our key re-coded after breakfast because it inexplicably stopped working. The breakfast area was dirtier than I would have liked it to be, and a lot of the food was already gone. Overall a pleasant one-night stay, but I would not have stayed for more than one night.

Room Tip: No pool. . .
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Monica M, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2014

Dear Jeremy,

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay with us.

I am so happy to hear that you found our rooms to be clean and our beds to be comfortable. We hear great comments about our showers quite often. We have many rooms with refrigerators and microwaves knowing our guests really find having them to be a convenience.

I do apologize for falling short in our breakfast area and that your keys did not work consistently. We take all guest comments back to our staff and work with them to improve our service. Thank you for bringing these issues to my attention.

I hope you will reconsider and give us a second chance if you find yourself in the Waterbury area.

Reviewed 3 April 2014

We spent a night here in a very clean room. Considering the price this was excellent value for money. The beds were comfortable, everything worked, there was plenty of room and loads of electric outlets for charging phones, iPads, PC etc. The staff were friendly, welcoming and helpful. Only downside was noise from the traffic outside, which went on all through the night! Fortunately it was a constant hum and so possible to sleep through. Next time, I'll ask for a room on the back.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the back to avoid traffic noise!
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Monica M, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us.

We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed our hotel. I will be sure to share your positive comments with the staff.

We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 20 March 2014

I stayed at this property for 5 nights while visiting Waterbury for business and pleasure. The outside doesn't look like much, but don't let that fool you. I was very surprised at the high level of accommodations.

This property was very clean and the room very clean and fresh smelling. The staff was helpful,cheerful and friendly. I usually stay at Hampton Inns or Hilton Garden Inns on my travels due to their consistent reliability coast to coast. This is the first Quality Inn that was equally as nice as most of the Hampton Inns I have stayed in.

The room seemed to be renovated and was appointed with tasteful furnishings. There was a flat screen television and a nice overall cozy feel. The bed was very comfortable and firm. The shower had good water pressure. The heater was quiet and efficient.

The only minor quibbles would be no refrigerators and/or microwaves which is now expected and common for mid-level hotels. Also, the rooms have outside access, but it is located in a safe area, so not much of a big deal.
The complimentary breakfast for the most part was passable and forgettable; as long as you don't expect too much, you will be satisfied.

Overall, this is wonderful property with friendly, cheerful staff and great accommodations. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Request a room in the back of property if highway noise is a bother for you. Rooms in the front of t...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
Monica M, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 22 March 2014

Dear Paul,

On behalf of our hotel staff, I want to thank you for your compliments.

It is so great to hear a guest enjoyed our property and our staff.

We are working to have refrigerator and microwaves in all guest rooms, at this time we offer them upon request. I apologize and we will be sure to have them available the next time you stay with us.

Again, we appreciate your kind words. We look forward to your next stay.

Reviewed 28 February 2014

Knowing it was once a super 8 i took a chance staying here and i was very pleasantly surprised. Rooms were very clean looks like they have just been renovated. Staff was extremely pleasant. The only minor thing was noise from the highway but that is to be expected being right next to I84. For the price it is a great deal dont expect a 5 star 200 a night hotel but it is one of the best economy rooms i have stayed in and i stay in hotels 2-3 times a week with my job.

• Stayed: February 2014
Monica M, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 2 March 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. We are so glad you gave our hidden gem a chance! We have worked hard to let guests know we are no longer the "old Super 8".

It is wonderful to know that a frequent traveler finds our property to be a "pleasant surprise". We look forward to seeing you on your next visit.

Reviewed 27 February 2014

I just want to say that I was pleasantly surprised, having stayed in many a "quality" hotel, to find not only a clean comfortable room, but an amiable and gracious staff. Even the breakfast was enjoyable. Hot coffee, fresh pastry, all I need to get started in the morning. The next time I pass through Waterbury, this is were I will be staying and I will recommend it to all my colleagues.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Monica M, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2014

Thank you so much for reviewing your recent stay with us!

I am so glad you enjoyed our property. We hope you will visit us again soon!

Safe travels,

Reviewed 12 February 2014

I highly recommend Quality Inn in Waterbury, CT. I arrived tired and hungry from a long drive from FL to CT. When I arrived Marc at the front desk was very polite, helpful and went out of his way to help me. He was down to earth and made me feel very comfortable as I was traveling alone and it was 1:00 in the morning. He let me park my car very close to the main office and even gave me a bagel with cream cheese that he warmed up for me at 1:00 in the morning since all restaurants were closed. When I went into the vending area I realized the machines only take change and one dollar bills. I saw Marc passing by and waived him down because I only had a five dollar bill on me. He came in the vending area to help me again and walked back to the main office to get change for me. As I walked to my room it was very quiet and peaceful and it was a Friday night! When I arrived at my room my key wouldn't work so I called Marc from my cell phone knowing he would help me and he did once again. He walked all the way to my room with a new key! The customer service I received from Marc was exceptionally outstanding. It was beyond the customer service that I have received at any high priced chain hotels that I've stayed in. The price for the room was very affordable and everything was clean and worked perfectly. The bed was comfortable and the room was a good size. The cleanliness, quietness and customer service at Quality Inn in Waterbury makes it one of the best places to stay. Every time I’m in CT I will be staying there.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
Monica M, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 13 February 2014

Thank you so much for reviewing your recent stay with us. I am delighted to hear Marc was such a great help!

Great guest service is very important to us and it is wonderful to hear that one of our employees went above and beyond to make your stay so comfortable!

We look forward to your next stay!

Safe travels,

Reviewed 1 February 2014

Clean room, nice bed, quiet, staff friendly, strong internet to do work. Pulled in with no reservation and a coupon from magazine from a rest area, they took the coupon without an issue, unlike some motels I have tried to use them in. Continental breakfast included eggs and sausage, cereal, yogurt, pastries, etc, good value.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Monica M, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 4 February 2014

Dear Robert,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. We are so happy you enjoyed our hotel! We look forward to your next visit!

Monica Morgan

Also consider these accommodations in or near Waterbury
Courtyard Waterbury Downtown
Econo Lodge Plantsville
Econo Lodge Plantsville
#1 of 1 in Plantsville
Comfort Inn & Suites Conference Center

Been to Quality Inn? Share your experiences!