Quality Inn
US$107
US$78
US$75
TripAdvisor
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 13 June 2014

From before the time of check in throughout our stay exceeded my every expectation, fridge and microwave in my room along with the cleanliness of the room, the lobby, the parking area, all was just right!!! close to food, both fast food and fine dining, I will definitely stay here again!!!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Monica M, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2014

Quality Inn Waterbury
203-757-0888

Reviewed 5 June 2014

The motel looks great online with fresh, clean, bright rooms. Where did they take the photos? This is an old building with an exterior open-air corridor. If it has been renovated recently, I can't imagine what it looked like before. The walls in the room I had were stained and dirty. There is a placard extolling the virtues of the shower: head with various settings, translucent top to the curtain...but what about caulk that goes all the way around the bathtub, or doing something about the stains in the corners? The tub didn't drain properly, and the desk staff said to remove the trap. One of the bed pillows had a blood stain visible through the very thin pillowcase.

The ambiance is truck driver and construction worker. Men stand around outside their doors drinking in the evening and at night. They are out first thing in the morning, smoking.

There are two bright spots to staying here. One is that the staff is especially pleasant and eager to help. The other is that there are two really good restaurants close by: Nino's, adjacent to the motel, and Sultan, a couple of blocks away.

Room Tip: For a good room, try a different motel.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Monica M, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2014

Dear Reviewer86,

I am concerned about the impression our hotel has left with you.

Please accept my sincere apology that we did not meet your expectations. I was the associate that assisted with your bath tub. I wish we could have spoken more about these issues then.

The comments and suggestions we receive from our guests help us to improve for our future guests. Please rest assure that I will review your comments with my maintenance and housekeeping teams.

Once again please accept my sincere apology.

Reviewed 1 June 2014

This location has ample parking available and is easily accessible right off of i84. Shopping, dining and everything in-between is within walking distance. The rooms were very clean and beautifully furnished. The staff was excellent: answered all questions, rectified any issues and at all time were polite. I definitely recommend this hotel to business and leisure travelers alike.

• Stayed: May 2014
Monica M, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2014

Quality Inn Waterbury
203-757-0888

Reviewed 20 May 2014

The room was clean, very nice, and smelled fresh. The beds were very comfortable, and the showers were nice as well. It was nice to have a microwave and refrigerator in the room as well. The hotel is located in an old part of town on a busy road, so it was not what you would call a beautiful setting. The staff was nice, however we had to get our key re-coded after breakfast because it inexplicably stopped working. The breakfast area was dirtier than I would have liked it to be, and a lot of the food was already gone. Overall a pleasant one-night stay, but I would not have stayed for more than one night.

Room Tip: No pool. . .
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Monica M, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2014

Dear Jeremy,

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay with us.

I am so happy to hear that you found our rooms to be clean and our beds to be comfortable. We hear great comments about our showers quite often. We have many rooms with refrigerators and microwaves knowing our guests really find having them to be a convenience.

I do apologize for falling short in our breakfast area and that your keys did not work consistently. We take all guest comments back to our staff and work with them to improve our service. Thank you for bringing these issues to my attention.

I hope you will reconsider and give us a second chance if you find yourself in the Waterbury area.

Reviewed 3 April 2014

We spent a night here in a very clean room. Considering the price this was excellent value for money. The beds were comfortable, everything worked, there was plenty of room and loads of electric outlets for charging phones, iPads, PC etc. The staff were friendly, welcoming and helpful. Only downside was noise from the traffic outside, which went on all through the night! Fortunately it was a constant hum and so possible to sleep through. Next time, I'll ask for a room on the back.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the back to avoid traffic noise!
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Monica M, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us.

We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed our hotel. I will be sure to share your positive comments with the staff.

We hope to see you again soon!

Best regards,