“Perfectly fine hotel”

Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Waterbury
NYC
“Perfectly fine hotel”
Reviewed 30 July 2014 via mobile

This was a last minute stay and I was quite pleased. Good location, nice service and clean room. Strong wireless and free breakfast. This is not the Four Seasons but it was well worth the price and fit my needs perfectly.

Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
Monica M, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, 1 August 2014
Dear Amex Traveler,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay. We are glad you enjoyed our hotel! We hope to see you again soon!

Monica Morgan

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Connecticut
Reviewed 25 July 2014

The hotel was surprisingly nice. This place is newly renovated and has beds that are really sleepable. Some smaller chain hotels seem to not have some of the qualities that the larger one hold. This place is like a larger hotel and the staff is friendly and always has my room key ready whenever go to check in. I would repeat. There is a restaurant next door and a convenience store down the road that is open 24 hrs.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
Monica M, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, 29 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us!

We are so happy you enjoyed your time at the Quality Inn Waterbury!

We look forward to your next visit!

Central Maine
Reviewed 20 July 2014

First off, we would stay here again if in the area. That being said, we were on our way to DC and needed a place to stay. We had printed off reviews and prices of places to stay on the way in the event of needing to stop. We had a late night check in and they were able to accommodate us - 4 people, non-smoking and the price was under $110. Beds were comfortable, tv was large (though watched it for 1 hour total); nice to have the fridge and microwave and room had an iron and ironing board. However, our door looked like it had been kicked in on the bottom and there was a good sized gap with light coming through. Air conditioning only worked on "low" and took several hours to cool off though it did stay cool after. Bathroom was clean. The carpet and bed skirts were stained (ditch the bedskirts. . seriously). Breakfast would have been okay if some of the people staying there didn't make it their only meal in a week. Four of us shared 2 waffles and coffee. This was only for an overnight. Desk staff was good. Didn't hear any noise outside to speak of.

Room Tip: Our room was on the front and seemed quiet enough. Can't speak for any other rooms.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Momof2inMaine
Monica M, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, 21 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us.

It's good to hear that you would stay with us again, and that you found so many points you did enjoy. We will be sure to address all of the issues you did not find satisfactory. We want to do our best to resolve these issues before you return to stay with us again.

We look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed 14 July 2014

This hotel is not as good as the other reviews say. We looked at the positive reviews and thought we'd check it out. I was disgusted by the blood stains (we think it was blood) on the floor. This hotel needs a total scrub down. I'm glad we only stayed here 1 night.

• Stayed July 2014
Monica M, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, 16 July 2014
Dear Sean M.,

Thank you for taking he time to bring these issues to my attention. We are sorry did not meet your expectations.

Please accept my sincere apology for these problems. We strive for perfection in our hotel rooms and service, and the comfort of our guests is a top priority.

Rest assure the appropriate action will be taken to resolve these issues.

Again, thank you, and we hope that in the future you would give us a second chance.

Monica Morgan

Travellers are raving about these Waterbury hotels

New Orleans, Louisiana
Reviewed 13 July 2014

I stayed at this Quality Inn for nearly a week to attend a funeral. I was completely satisfied with the accommodations, the room was clean & comfortable, the bed very comfortable. I was happy to have a fridge & microwave & the hotel was close to stores & restaurants. I had read reviews complaining about noise from the highway, but I didn't hear a thing. Jorge was very helpful, friendly & professional, as was the housekeeping lady responsible for room 105 on 07/13/14. (Sorry, I didn't get her name.) I would definitely stay here again & recommend it to my friends & colleagues.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
Dear Lbjamn50,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us. We are so happy you enjoyed your time at the Quality Inn Waterbury!

I will be sure to share your compliments with our staff, especially Jorge and Mary.

Again thank you! If you find yourself in the Waterbury area again we hope you will stay with us!

Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed 23 June 2014

What a nice surprise!

I'm picky and a germophobe. Couple that with trying to find suitable accommodations and one would think I'm difficult to please.

It's no Courtyard by Marriott, but it's in no way a dive either. The indicated renovations are evident with updated relatively clean rooms & bathrooms. Addressing my request to change the pillow cases and a few sheets which was done right away, the staff (Monica, George, Don, and Mary the Housekeeper) proved to be attentive and professional.

Conveniently located minutes away from downtown Waterbury.

Only disappointment was the exercise room. I'm a fit guy who likes to workout while on the road and the lack of free weights or a multi-exercise machine was a let down. Three cardio related pieces of equipment isn't going to cut it.

Otherwise I'd stay again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Monica M, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, 26 June 2014
Dear Gary,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. We are so glad that you enjoyed our hotel.

I will be sure to share your comments with our staff members. And on behalf of those you named, we thank you and want you to know it is a pleasure to be appreciated.

I would like you to know that we will be doing some upgrades to our fitness center and hope that on your next stay you are able to enjoy them.

Rockaway Park, New York
Reviewed 13 June 2014

From before the time of check in throughout our stay exceeded my every expectation, fridge and microwave in my room along with the cleanliness of the room, the lobby, the parking area, all was just right!!! close to food, both fast food and fine dining, I will definitely stay here again!!!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Monica M, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, 17 June 2014

Quality Inn Waterbury
203-757-0888
Also consider these accommodations in or near Waterbury
Hampton Inn Waterbury
Econo Lodge Plantsville
Econo Lodge Plantsville
#1 of 1 in Plantsville
Quality Inn & Suites Meriden

Been to Quality Inn? Share your experiences!