“Great Stay”

Hampton Inn Waterbury
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Waterbury
Reviewed 11 August 2013 via mobile

Hotel is clean. Beds are comfortable and the service was wonderful. When checking in we asked about vending machines for water and were given bottles. Have stayed and other Hampton Inns and this is comparable .

• Stayed: August 2013

Reviewed 7 August 2013

We stayed here two nights, each way up to the north coast, 5 days apart. Oddly enough, we had the exact same room both nights (412), and it was nice. Very clean, roomy and on the top floor. The highway noise is a tad bit annoying, but you cannot do anything about that. Good breakfast, really nice staff, good prices. We would stay there again. It is really easy to get to off of 84, and coming in late, that was a blessing.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 August 2013

The staff is pleasant. Breakfast is adequate with a good selection. Rooms fairly clean but rugs need cleaning and the beds need to be replaced. Pool too cold to enjoy. When asked if they could warm the water a little, we were told the pool temperature could not be adjusted. We thought that was unusual. We always stay at a Hampton when we travel. I agree with Marcia M, this Hampton is outdated and needs some work outside and inside.

Room Tip: Do not book a room facing route 84. We did not face 84 but heard other patrons complain about the no...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Judi700
Reviewed 31 July 2013

Family of 3 stayed here as a stopover between Pittsburgh and Bar Harbor, ME. Room was clean and very comfortable, parking was safe, and sunday morning free breakfast was restocked with plenty of room to sit. Staff was friendly and recommended local delivery that was delicious (SPARTAN'S). There was a pool, but we didn't use it, but it appeared clean.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
jwalant j, General Manager at Hampton Inn Waterbury, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2013

Mr.Nich c,
Thank you very much for this review. I am glad that you had great time in our hotel. Also you enjoyed our best in the industry buffeett breakfast. We try very hard to make every stay memorable one for all our guests and it is nice to get a pat on the back. Thak you again and hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 29 July 2013

Carpet floors were sticky to the touch--was very icky walking around the room. Exterior was in need of a thorough landscaping--lots of weeds were prevelant and dead trees greeted us at the hotel entrance. If convenient, drive to the Hampton location in Manchester CT (east side of Hartford). We chose that location driving home from Maine and it met our expectations.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
1  Thank Michael W
jwalant j, General Manager at Hampton Inn Waterbury, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2013

Dear Mr.Michael,

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback on your recent stay with us via TripAdvisor. We appreciate your honest input on the look and feel of our property and we will share your concerns with our grounds team to address. We hope you will return to stay with us the next time you are in the area so we may show you the quality accommodations you expect and deserve.

Reviewed 27 July 2013

As a Hilton Honnors member that travels a lot and prefers Hilton properties, I found this hotel a bit outdated for other Hampton Inn's I have stayed at. But it was clean and comfortable. Easy to get to and close to downtown, Mall and restaurants.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Reviewed 26 July 2013

I travel all of New England for my job. I am a Hilton Honors Member and simply love staying at Hampton Inns. The comparable Fairfield Inn drives me nuts with their paper thin comforters and lackluster breakfast. Hampton Inn Waterbury has always been my favorite Hampton Inn. The front desk staff is super nice, breakfast hostess are sweet as pancake syrup and the room are impeccably clean. I booked a smoking room since there was no smoking rooms left. I knew what I was getting into but I thought with the window open, fan and bathroom vent running it would be fine. As it turns out the smoky smell did not bother me as much as the very dirty carpet. I am no Howie Mandel (OCD clean freak) but here I am walking on towels because the carpet was that dirty. I think maybe that rooms get used a lot by the hard working men of our country like contractors, construction workers, etc. Their work boots have left their mark on the carpet. I was surprised that Hampton Inn let it get that bad... it should have been cleaned, if not replaced. I expect more from a Hilton property. I told the front desk about my complaint and they took off a courteous $20 off my bill. That was nice but I rather have a clean, comfortable room.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Waterbury
Courtyard Waterbury Downtown
Comfort Inn Naugatuck
#1 of 2 in Naugatuck
Homewood Suites by Hilton Southington
Holiday Inn Express Branford/New Haven

Been to Hampton Inn Waterbury? Share your experiences!