“the way to stay”

Hampton Inn Waterbury
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Waterbury
Reviewed 4 July 2014

Rooms are clean and comfortable. Staff is friendly. If you are reading this for the review you can stop now. i do however feel that it is pretty silly for trip advisor to require a 200 minimum characters for MY reveiw. So i will meet the requirement with random babbling and wasting their time as they are wasting mine. What more can one say about a hotel when it was an average stay? i arrived. i slept. i left. i was on business and didnt have time to just hang out around the place and shake hands with all the staff.. maybe we need to rate trip advisor? And apparently you cant fill the spaces with repeat characters. this will probably be my last review for trip advisor is a pain in the rear.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Darrell S

Reviewed 30 June 2014

I had one of the worse experiences at a Hampton Inn, ever. It was mostly due to an uncooperative and unfriendly staff member. I am a Hilton Honors member and have stayed at many Hampton Inns but nothing like this.
first, and I know the staff has no control over this, the A/C unit cycles on and off and the noise differential is disturbing. I would prefer that the fan unit stay on even if the compressor shuts off. In this case, my room was on the second floor directly above the main entrance. When the A/C shut down the noise of the front door opening and closing sounded like it was in my room. There was no way I could sleep through that din. The hotel staff member, Joe, was extremely disrespectful and offered no help. I asked for a portable fan to create background noise, he had one behind his counter, but he refused to let me use it. It was now midnight and after a very long day and having to get up at 0600 to start my next day, I decided to leave the hotel and find some other place to stay. I was fortunate to find another hotel close by that was much better. I would not recommend this hotel and even though I have stayed there numerous times in the past, I am done with it.

Room Tip: Find a different hotel.
3  Thank DavidandTrish
jwalant j, General Manager at Hampton Inn Waterbury, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2014

David and Trish,

Thank you for sharing this quick feedback on your recent stay with us via TripAdvisor. We appreciate your honest input and sincerely apologize for our missteps in service and we will use your comments as we constantly look for new ways to improve our guests' experience through ongoing training. We hope you will return to stay with us the next time you are in town so we may better demonstrate our commitment to quality hospitality.

Jay Jhala

Reviewed 30 June 2014

I didn't even waste time staying here. The general manager was incredibly unprofessional on the phone and swore multiple times while having a side conversation with another employee. I wasn't put on hold, but instead he kept telling me "I'm not talking to you ma'am" and continued to chatter with the front desk staff, telling me they wouldn't get off the computer so he could check a rate for me. I work for another Hampton Inn and this property makes the brand look bad. Yikes!

2  Thank Maeve G
jwalant j, Manager at Hampton Inn Waterbury, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2014

I'm very sorry about your experience. I can assure you that we always want our guests and potential guests to have a great experience when engaging with our staff. Your comments will serve as a reminder of how important it is to be mindful our surroundings and ensure we're providing only the best service. Please feel free to contact us directly if you have any additional comments or concerns.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 25 June 2014

After reading reviews for hotels in Waterbury we were a little leery of what we would find. Hampton Inn was perfect for our needs. Right off the highway, it was easy to get to, yet quiet. The hotel lobby was clean and inviting. Our room was a descent size with a comfortable king size bed. We were in town for one night for a party so we did not use the hotel amenities nor did we have breakfast there. Hotel seems new.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 June 2014

My stay was the best from the time I checked in to when it was time for me to check out the staff was the best and very friendly. I first was booked in a room on the 3rd floor but explained that I really needed to be on the 1st floor done nothing else was said parking was right out side my room easy entrance coming in late at night. Thanks again would love to stay here again when I have business again in town. Thank you all keep up the good work.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 June 2014

I can always count on a good experience at Hampton. Waterbury Connecticut is no exception. Quality and good value for the room, breakfast and access to the Internet. I always feel safe, too. I like having the choices for a hot breakfast: omelets, sausage/bacon, waffles in addition to the full complement of continental breakfast offerings. As a personal treat, I often add hot chocolate to my morning coffee. Yum!

1  Thank 523jann
Reviewed 14 June 2014

when you have to be in Woodbury for a funeral, your choices of places to stay is minimal so we chose this motel not too far away. It was your typical Hampton Inn - we had a king size bed on 4th floor that was quiet and clean - but the towels were a joke. They were very thin and not too many of them! Only staying one night was fine and I know I could have asked for more - the chambermaid was very polite and our friends' room across the hall had plenty of towels so we must have hit a poorly stocked room. Ah well, I slept well!

Room Tip: Ask for top floor - which is the 4th!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Waterbury
Courtyard Waterbury Downtown
Comfort Inn Naugatuck
#1 of 2 in Naugatuck
Homewood Suites by Hilton Southington
Holiday Inn Express Branford/New Haven

Been to Hampton Inn Waterbury? Share your experiences!