Hampton Inn Waterbury
US$60
US$109
TripAdvisor
US$81
All reviewsroom was cleanwaterbury areahighway sidefree breakfasthot breakfastwould stay againparking lotbusiness centerfresh fruitconvenient locationwaffleseasy accesspleasant staythe breakfast areactfuneralcleanliness
Reviewed 10 July 2014

This was a great hotel and very nice-will saty there again. The hotel had easy acces on and off interstate and easy to find. Beds were very comfortable and rooms were clean. Only thing it lacked was a mini frig in our room.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 July 2014

Rooms are clean and comfortable. Staff is friendly. If you are reading this for the review you can stop now. i do however feel that it is pretty silly for trip advisor to require a 200 minimum characters for MY reveiw. So i will meet the requirement with random babbling and wasting their time as they are wasting mine. What more can one say about a hotel when it was an average stay? i arrived. i slept. i left. i was on business and didnt have time to just hang out around the place and shake hands with all the staff.. maybe we need to rate trip advisor? And apparently you cant fill the spaces with repeat characters. this will probably be my last review for trip advisor is a pain in the rear.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Darrell S
Reviewed 30 June 2014

I had one of the worse experiences at a Hampton Inn, ever. It was mostly due to an uncooperative and unfriendly staff member. I am a Hilton Honors member and have stayed at many Hampton Inns but nothing like this.
first, and I know the staff has no control over this, the A/C unit cycles on and off and the noise differential is disturbing. I would prefer that the fan unit stay on even if the compressor shuts off. In this case, my room was on the second floor directly above the main entrance. When the A/C shut down the noise of the front door opening and closing sounded like it was in my room. There was no way I could sleep through that din. The hotel staff member, Joe, was extremely disrespectful and offered no help. I asked for a portable fan to create background noise, he had one behind his counter, but he refused to let me use it. It was now midnight and after a very long day and having to get up at 0600 to start my next day, I decided to leave the hotel and find some other place to stay. I was fortunate to find another hotel close by that was much better. I would not recommend this hotel and even though I have stayed there numerous times in the past, I am done with it.

Room Tip: Find a different hotel.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank DavidandTrish
jwalant j, General Manager at Hampton Inn Waterbury, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2014

David and Trish,

Thank you for sharing this quick feedback on your recent stay with us via TripAdvisor. We appreciate your honest input and sincerely apologize for our missteps in service and we will use your comments as we constantly look for new ways to improve our guests' experience through ongoing training. We hope you will return to stay with us the next time you are in town so we may better demonstrate our commitment to quality hospitality.

Jay Jhala

Reviewed 30 June 2014

I didn't even waste time staying here. The general manager was incredibly unprofessional on the phone and swore multiple times while having a side conversation with another employee. I wasn't put on hold, but instead he kept telling me "I'm not talking to you ma'am" and continued to chatter with the front desk staff, telling me they wouldn't get off the computer so he could check a rate for me. I work for another Hampton Inn and this property makes the brand look bad. Yikes!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Maeve G
jwalant j, Manager at Hampton Inn Waterbury, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2014

I'm very sorry about your experience. I can assure you that we always want our guests and potential guests to have a great experience when engaging with our staff. Your comments will serve as a reminder of how important it is to be mindful our surroundings and ensure we're providing only the best service. Please feel free to contact us directly if you have any additional comments or concerns.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 25 June 2014

After reading reviews for hotels in Waterbury we were a little leery of what we would find. Hampton Inn was perfect for our needs. Right off the highway, it was easy to get to, yet quiet. The hotel lobby was clean and inviting. Our room was a descent size with a comfortable king size bed. We were in town for one night for a party so we did not use the hotel amenities nor did we have breakfast there. Hotel seems new.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple