“It was perfect for us and we'll return”
Review of Oakdell Motel

Oakdell Motel
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Waterford
Rockport, Maine
“It was perfect for us and we'll return”
Reviewed 27 June 2011

We stayed in room #1 and thought it was lovely. The beds were comfortable and just what we needed after our long days of touring colleges. They had plenty of channels for my granddaughter, but it was quiet when we needed rest even though it's on a main road. It was very clean and close to everywhere we needed to go. June 16-18

Room Tip: It's economical, comfortable, and simple.
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
New York City, New York
Reviewed 24 June 2011

BEWARE! We went with friends and family, so were planning on renting three rooms. First off: This is proudly Christian establishment. Rooms #1 totally smelled like old cigarette smoke (even though the room was marked as non-smoking), the bed covering looked mangy, dirty, and the beds were just broken down. The carpets looked like they were 25 years old and dirty, and it was just gross, smelly and dirty all around. The other two rooms were even worse—with one smelling like smoke, plus wet dog, and the last was a pungent mix of cigarettes, wet dog, and mildew. Topping it off, there TVs were old, the A/C almost inoperative, and the bathroom sinks were yelowed with old cigarette burns. Wow. I've never seen anything like it. We immediately asked for a refund and moved on to another local motel. I really can't believe the ratings this place has gotten (#1?? no way...) The best thing I can say is that the woman at the desk was nice enough to refund our cards without making a fuss. Avoid at all costs until they put some money into a renovation...

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
5 Thank NoApolgies
Norwich, Connecticut
Reviewed 21 May 2011

My husband and I stayed at the Oakdell Motel for almost three months. We found it to be plesant in every way. It was always clean. The maids where always super nice. The owners where always accommodating, very friendly, and treated us like family. They even let your well behaved pet sleep over. We had our chihuahua with us the whole time! We were so excited to know our dog was welcome! It was the very best motel my husband and I have ever stayed in by far...

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
Kenosha, Wisconsin
Reviewed 3 May 2011

I have been going to this motel for almost five yrs running. I admire n adore Edgar n Gail very much n love to think of them as family too me n any of my company that may come visit while I am on perfessional bussiness meetings there. I recommend this place for all to come see n stay during your visits there in Waterord/Groton CT area. This Place is very beautiful, friendly, lovely, n peaceful. I so love this Place ! Come n welcome all, you will see ya will be added too the big family we all see there. God Bless you all <3

Room Tip: call ahead to recommend your need.
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled on business
Chicopee, Massachusetts
Reviewed 28 January 2011

We have stayed at the Oakdell many, many times and have found it very comfortable and friendly. It is right off of a major highway and close to everything. It is also very affordable in and off season. We have always been made to feel very welcome. In fact, when we call to make a reservation the owners know us by name. I would highly reccomend this motel to friends and family. We intend to visit this establishment many more times in the future. Thanks for everything Gail and Ed.......................Kate & Brad

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple
Branford, Connecticut
Reviewed 6 November 2010

The price and living conditions of this Motel are Outstanding! I found the bathrooms fully sanitized and the sleeping area very clean. I liked watching the television and reading the Bible I was provided. I must include the Refrig and Microwave to the Good List. I've stayed at numerous Motels in CT and I must say that The Oak Dell Motel is Number 1. Thank you,SGT.-USMC

• Stayed October 2010, travelled solo
Burlington, CT
Reviewed 28 May 2010

We have liked this place in the past but our recent stay was bad enough so that we will not return. We had no remote control, no phone book, and worse than that I could not take a shower. The shower in the 'Safari' room is virtually nonadjustable - all cold or all hot - I had a terrible time. I think my wife found a setting that worked but by then I had given up. Clearly this shower needed some repair. Finally, we checked out and the office was wide open and unattended. Others checking in had lost their keys - they took another set and it worked so most keys probably work to most rooms. Plus we could not complain about the shower when leaving as I was hoping to get a few dollars back.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Waterford
Rodeway Inn Waterford
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Uncasville
Clarion Inn
Clarion Inn
#4 of 5 in New London

Been to Oakdell Motel? Share your experiences!