“great location” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Waterford
Knoxville, Tennessee
“great location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2014

Ms. Gail is a gem and so is her hotel!! very clean and comfortable my guys stay all over the place and this by far is their favorite in the north east corner!! we will definitely stay again!! the location made my guys feel right at home. they were able to grill out and enjoy the grounds which are beautiful, makes you feel like your in the country, but your close to everything you would need!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2014 via mobile

This is about a 70-year hotel. Built for people 5 foot 4 inches. Everything so tiny its like built for little people.The toilet doesn't flush down the waste. And Walls tissue paper thin. You can hear every conversation in this guy left the TV on all night so I couldn't sleep. I would have been better off sleeping in my car. This hotel is badly need of an update. The proprietors probably spend all their money at the casino. Cause they don't reinvested one dollar back into this dump. If they would have charged 29.99 a night that might have been a good value. But since I didn't sleep maybe not. Anyway my money gone and so I'm I. Stay here if you must. But good luck sleeping unless you like sleeping with the tv on too.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank djraid76
Yellow Springs, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 November 2013

My husband and I stayed over the weekend while I was performing nearby and we loved our experience at the Oakdell. The price was affordable, the room comfortable and more clean than any chain hotel I have ever experienced. I will stay there again and again. Thanks Gail!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Teaneck, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 September 2013

My two girl friends and I decided to take an adventure trip to Connecticut. At last minute, we decided to spent the night. Searching for an affordable, clean accommodation, we found Oakdell Motel in Waterford, Ct. We called and a pleasant and friendly voice answer the phone. It was Gail, the owner. Surprisingly, in a Saturday busy night, there were a room available for us 3 girls. We were not only happy with the price, but we were very pleased with a super clean, spacious and sunny room, two comfortable beds and great water pressure in the bathroom. Near by the casino and I-95 near to the beaches and shopping. This place also has a very clean pool and a gazebo to relax and enjoy nature. Thank you Gail for making us feel like home with your charisma and hospitality. We already planning to come back to your cozy and clean motel. May God continue to bless you and your business. The Ladies from NYC...Fabiola, Zoila & Sonia!

Room Tip: Rooms are clean and comfortable
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Zrosario525
Indialantic, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2013

I was VERY pleased with my week long stay recently at the Oakdell Motel in Waterford, CT.

The room was super clean, the bed was comfortable, plenty of lighting in the room, lots of towels and good water pressure and plenty of hot water in the bathroom.

This motel is 2 minutes off of I-95, and has a well-lit parking lot with plenty of spaces. You park right in front of your room.

Dunkin Donuts is a 2 minute walk, a huge indoor mall is 5 minutes away, and many other stores and restaurants are within 5 minutes.
The beaches in New London, Waterford, and Niantic are 15 minutes away.

Gail is an excellent host/owner and she lives right at the property.

It's around a 50 minute drive to the airport in Warwick, RI and maybe an hour to Bradley Aiprort, north of Hartford, CT.
Two of the largest casinos in the world are less than a half an hour away.

It was an enjoyable experience and I will recommend staying at the Oakdell Motel to my friends and family.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Mark F
Brattleboro, Vermont, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2013

Great prices, and clean. This was my second stay and my family really enjoyed it. It was very convenient to the activities that we scoped out from this location. Easy access to the location.
The staff was very nice and helpful.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Deborah H
Sacramento, CA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2013

Not recommended for a romantic get away and meals served to your room. The staff are very helpful and friendly. The pool just had new stucco which will be nice for the hot weather. The grounds are nice and well kept.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Waterford
Mohegan Sun
Rodeway Inn Waterford
Rodeway Inn Waterford
#2 of 5 in Waterford
Red Roof Inn Mystic - New London

Been to Oakdell Motel? Share your experiences!