“Good Place/Good Host”
Review of Oakdell Motel

Oakdell Motel
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Waterford
Reviewed 3 July 2014

We have stayed at the Oakdell 4 times in the last 7 months. We fine it to be pleasant and economical. We have no complaints with bed comfort or other amenities. We think it is great and will be back there soon!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 23 June 2014 via mobile

Tge website certainly makes this place look much better then it is, after reading the previous reviews I figured go for it! Without bashing the staff who were very pleasant I will just speak about the things that left a "bad taste" in my mouth. The price was more then I was quoted in the phone, the bathroom had tons of rust, my feet were black from walking barefoot to and from the bathroom, my kids wanted to swim in the pool so when i noticed the big hose and vacuum in it I asked if it was open they say it was but no one bothered to remove the items. Both beds were springy and loud and the pillows were very flat. I just didn't like it one bit.

• Stayed: June 2014
3  Thank ldubois78
Reviewed 3 June 2014

Absolutely a wonderful place to stay! Everyone is so nice there and accommodating. I loved the way the hotel's rooms are different looking! Makes each time seem like a new experience all over again. I have never stayed somewhere where I felt like I was at home and to me that is Oakdell Motel. I too will be back, if I am ever in the area again! Thank you all for everything!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 June 2014

The Oakdell Motel is a great place to stay when in Waterford. Gail, her staff and family, runs Oakdell in a family friendly atmoshere, and will always make you feel welcome. In addition, The Oakdell Motel will offer you great value for your money.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Bjørn-Inge H
Reviewed 2 June 2014

The owner Gail is so accommodating and sweet. The room was perfect for my husband and me. We already made reservations for July and will enjoy sitting by the pool. Great location and easy access to the highway.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Having stayed in dozens of Hotels in the last year, this one made me feel the most welcome! The property is well maintained. clean and quiet. It is very centrally located to the entire Southeastern CT area. I could not have been more pleased with this pleasant gem tucked away in a quiet corner! Gail epitomizes hospitality and her interaction with her guests is truly inspirational! Gail, I WILL be back! Thank you so much!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 May 2014

If you are a smoker who loves loud talking and the bright aroma of Lysol over cigarette droppings, this is the place for you. Wow! Really? And, it is pricey for such a dump. No working TV on top of the horrid odor. My husband and I couldn't sleep because the odor was so deadly. The continental breakfast is the topper to a sleepless night: Wal-Mart donuts out of the 24 pack, instant coffee with powdered creamer. Yep, that's it. If you want to be abused for top dollar, this is the place for you.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank mia w
Also consider these accommodations in or near Waterford
8 mi away
Hyatt Place Mohegan Sun
Hyatt Place Mohegan Sun
#2 of 4 in Uncasville
Comfort Suites- Norwich

Been to Oakdell Motel? Share your experiences!