“afternoon trip to shore”

The Dock Restaurant
Ranked #14 of 49 Restaurants in Waterford
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Description: They Claim Also On Facebook
Description: They Claim Also On Facebook
Reviewed 22 July 2014

well the beer batter fish was really fresh tasting and tender.The beer battered scallops were good and you can really taste the beer. Every thing is cooked fresh as you order so expect to wait , but it's worth the wait,you can eat out on the dock or in your car , or in their pub.

1  Thank Teresa B

Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

My husband and I decided to go out for a pleasant seafood dinner after a long hot day doing yard work. We ordered our dinner at 5:50. At 6:35, when they called a few numbers that were much higher than ours, my husband went to check on our food, he was told that the chef was jumping around. He was told that they couldn't tell him when our dinner was going to be ready. Needless to say, we got our money back, went up the street to dad's and got our meal! We will not be going back!

Reviewed 6 July 2014

Stopped by on the way home from the beach based on a friends review. Wife had the New England clam chowder, I had the Rhode Island. It would have been real good if it was hot. We ordered the fisherman platter, disappointing at best. Maybe a half dozen bay scallops, 3 small shrimp, over battered fried fish and the whole belly clams were so overdone we couldn't eat half of them and everything left a greasy taste in our mouths. Might be time to change the oil in the fryer...
I will not be going back and giving them another $40 in this lifetime, too many other proven options in the area.

Reviewed 4 July 2014

As a family, the Dock is one of our favorites. My son and I almost always have the beer batter shrimp which is awesome. My wife has the fish sandwich and New England clam chowder that always hits the spot for her. There are times that the wait is long for food, but they always let us know when we order, so no harm, no foul. If you want truly bland food, go over to Sunset Ribs. If you want great summer seaside fare, the Dock is what you want.

Reviewed 2 July 2014

When near the ocean I can only recommend finding a restaurant that offers a view of the water and a breeze, The Dock Restaurant is exactly that, open seating overlooking the dock and a nice summer breeze. I started my meal with a bowl of RI Clam Chowder, which for me is the only way to have Clam Chowder, no cream and no tomatoes. The Chowder was well seasoned and full of clams clearly a great dish. Clam fritters were average, a bit dense for my taste. Decided to have a Backed Fish Reuben, sounds strange but I had to try it and will never do that again. My son had a hot lobster roll which was good and my wife had a scallop role which she was pleased with. Will I go back, yes for Chowder!