“And a little birding on the side...” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of SpringHill Suites Mystic Waterford

SpringHill Suites Mystic Waterford
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Waterford
Frederick, Maryland, United States
“And a little birding on the side...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 May 2014

Stayed here to see my son at the sub base. Aside from the reliable quality that I've found in the Springhill Suites hotels, there was a wetland beautifully situated right behind the hotel. First time I walked behind the hotel I saw two Canadian Geese with a couple goslings walking around in the undergrowth. A raven was stalking the goslings from the branches...nature...you gotta love it. The hotel has set up a very quaint sitting area at the back of the hotel so you can sit and watch the birds although I don't think that was the intention.

I implore the guests and hotel managers to protect this little wetland. Treat this area with respect. There was some litter that I picked up. Please don't do that. Thank you.

Room Tip: Definitely try a room on an upper floor. People above me had some kids and all I heard was the thum...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Clifton, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2014

This review is mostly to compliment Chris at the front desk for going above and beyond to make us feel cared for. We arrived at the hotel on 3/21/14 with our teenage son after visiting a near by college he is considering. We had several requests and Chris made sure all our needs were taken care of. The hotel also looks well kept, very clean and welcoming.
Thank you Chris for your outstanding service!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
WHGGuestService, Manager at SpringHill Suites Mystic Waterford, responded to this review, 27 March 2014
It was very nice of you to take the time to review our hotel. We pride ourselves on the level of service that we provide to our guests, and I am glad that we were able to exceed your expectations. Taking excellent care of guests is our number one priority. I hope that the next time you are in the area you will come back to see us!

Christopher Chiappa
Chester, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2014

Stayed here for one night to attend a concert at nearby Mohegan Sun. Received several emails prior to my arrival to confirm and ask me if I needed anything else. Very convenient location, close to Mystic, Mohegan Sun and the Coast Guard Academy. When I checked in, the very nice woman at the front desk helped me with directions and gave me great advice on where to park, etc. when we went to the concert. Fresh baked cookies were in the lobby, how nice! The room was large and decorated very nicely. The only thing that was missing was lotion from the toiletries, certainly not a big deal, but naturally the one thing I forgot. We were on the third floor, and although the hotel was completely booked, I really didn't hear any noise. There are some fast food restaurants nearby, a large grocery store, some shopping, etc. I would definitely stay here again if we return to the area. Rates were reasonable for a suite. We didn't have the complimentary breakfast since we treated ourselves to Krispy Kremes from Mohegan Sun :) nor did we use the pool, but it looked very nice. Overall, I was very happy with this hotel and Springhill Suites.

Room Tip: If you want a traditional suite setup with the sofa bed separate from the sleep area, make sure you...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Montauk, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2014

The hotel was very clean from the lobby to the rooms. There were no marks or scuffs on the walls. The carpet was in decent shape through out. The beds were very very comfortable and the duvets were either new or freshly laundered. The room had a living room area with a kitchenette and desk and a very large couch There was a nice view of the lake from our room as well. The front desk people were very friendly and helpful. I missed the breakfast so I can't comment on that. The only minor things I didn't like were the Styrofoam coffee cups and the thin towels. But Hey that would not keep me away from future visits. There are many restaurants nearby. I can highly recommend this hotel. It think it would be great for family traveling together. It would give a family elbow room while traveling.

Room Tip: Request a room on the back side of the hotel to catch a view of the lake.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
Stone Ridge, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 February 2014 via mobile

Was really impressed with how clean this hotel was. Already a big Marriott fan, but this exceeded my expectations. VERY reasonably priced, great breakfast and friendly staff. Only 25 minutes from Mohegan Sun and Mystic CT. We will definitely stay here again.

Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank sross64
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 January 2014

Redone lobby.. Mary at the desk was quite helpful in making my stay quite comfortable. Rooms were large and clean and warm. Even though the outside temperature was at -7. Just a little confusing getting access to the entrance to the hotel. On the GPS you have to use New London as the hotel address . This property had a nice heated pool and a complete work our area. Had a wonderful free morning breakfast. Wifi is also complementary.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Acton, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 December 2013

First time at a "Spring Hill" but Marriott is my favorite brand. This hotel has all upscale niceness of a Marriott but at a great price - especially as there is a full American breakfast (NOT continental as some in another review said). Eggs, sausage, hot waffles, then also the usual breads, cereal, yogurt, oatmeal fruit etc. At checkin they have coffee in the lobby and cookies - AND a bowl of Chuppa Chups - European lollipops hard to find in the USA! I got into a very nice conversation with the nice fellow checking us in. When we left he gave my daughter a big bag of them to take with! We got the room with the two queens and a sleeper sofa. It was a nice big room and the alcove with the sleeper sofa had its own TV. Bedding was the usual top notch Marriott bedding (soft blankets and firm bed). Pool was small but not very popular so we had it all to ourselves. In short, this was a great value at the price and a wonderful stay.

Room Tip: You can get on the side where you get a lake view.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Waterford
Hyatt Place Mohegan Sun
Hilton Garden Inn Mystic Groton
Hampton Inn & Suites Mystic
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Uncasville
Holiday Inn New London - Mystic Area

Been to SpringHill Suites Mystic Waterford? Share your experiences!