“Phenomenal Hot Pot”
Review of Han Restaurant

Han Restaurant
Ranked #49 of 201 Restaurants in West Hartford
Reviewed 18 June 2017 via mobile

This restaurant has a whole buffet style bar to create your personal sauces. They have a wide range of sauce ingredients from cilantro to oyster sauce to Korean BBQ sauce to BBQ sauce to ketchup to sesame oil to sesame sauce to sesame seeds to garlic paste and infinite more choices. You cannot possibly not have a sauce you like. The hot pot exceeded our expectations. They also serve some dishes you find at their sister restaurant, Shu, while you're waiting or for those who don't like hot pot. Their milky hot pot soup is so deliciously flawless, many people including me drink it as a soup, all by itself. Their hot pot is exceptional. This restaurant is amazing and I recommend it to everyone.

Reviewed 16 June 2017 via mobile

Had a great lunch at Han, we will definitely be back! The staff is really friendly and willing to explain the hot pot concept and you are able to choose your broth and add-ins. The variety of fish and meats that they offer is incredible and you also get a huge array of vegetables to cook in the broth as well. They have a sauce bar with at least ten types if sauce to choose from and for those who don't want to commit to hot pot (its a HUGE amount of food,enough for at least two people) theres a menu of chinese dishes as well. I'd say the pricing here is fair for the amount of food and the fun experience, definitely recommend!!

Reviewed 14 April 2017

The interior of the restaurant is very welcoming. It is truly an experience that I will enjoy many more times. The food they offer is fresh and very easy to cook. They provide numerous options for sauces - that you can combine into a sauce for your dipping pleasure after your food is cooked.

Reviewed 25 March 2017

I will let Han's website or other sources explain hot pot if you are new to it. We were just introduced to the whole thing when we visited our son in Hawaii in February. There, many hot pot places are informal, inexpensive family eating places. We spent $50.00 to $55.00 to feed four people very well in HI. At Han it cost $70.00 so you be the judge if that was expensive or not. I liked it extra just because the sound level in the room was comfortable. Down sides are Han is suffering from inconsistent service so if you are in a hurry it might be a problem. Also way too many TVs, none would be good for me, I don't go out to a nice restaurant to watch TV. We arrived and met friends and ate and talked from 6:30 until 10:00pm. This is what hot pot is all about, no hurry, talking, eating. If that sounds good to you then try Han.

1  Thank RickyRight2013
Reviewed 28 February 2017

Five of us get together for lunch, each one order the individual pot, lots of food. I have the mushroom broth, kind of plain flavor but the dipping varieties are good, so overall it is pretty delicious. The waiter is very patient and polite, will go again.