“A bit tiny”

La Petite France
Price range: US$5 - US$15
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Discover a taste of Europe without leaving Connecticut! La Petite France brings the French quality of life to you while engaging all your senses. From tasty homemade food to a relaxing and welcoming ambiance, come enjoy an authentic Parisian experience here in West Hartford!
Reviewed 2 August 2014

This is the second time we visited this tiny sandwich shop with a legitimate French theme. There are just a few tables inside with a couple outside as well. Another reviewer indicated that there table was not the cleanest. Nor was ours, but they apologized and corrected the problem. The ordering is done at the counter. The food was delivered quickly and was tasty. My regular sandwich was fine and the second crepe was excellent. We did not try any of the pastries on this visit but did on our first one and they were very tasty. The restaurant does support local public activities such as the Trinity College "April in Paris" film festival. We would have rated it higher had our table been appropriately maintained.

Reviewed 16 June 2014

It is cute and it's nice to have a plan B instead of Starbucks and panerra. But, space is too tiny and service is slow. Croissants and quiche are all right but it is noy worth to pay the price.

Reviewed 13 May 2014

We stopped here for a crepe and sandwich for lunch. Good basic fare with a small seating area perfect for our needs.

LPFBakery, Public Relations Manager at La Petite France, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2014

Elowry thank you so much for stopping by our cafe and taking the time to write a review. We're glad you enjoyed your visit and hope you will stop by again when you are in the area.

Reviewed 10 May 2014

We had so looked forward to going here and we walked in to find a small restaurant crowded with tables and only two customers. I don't think you could walk to the back if it were full of people, not easily anyway...We tried several tables until we found a clean one which our knees would fit underneath. This was our first (and only) visit, I asked "How you order? menus? Do we order from the board on the wall? I had hoped the young man behind the register would give a quick run down...I found the menu by accident. He offered no suggestions.
We ordered Croque Monsieur (one of my favorites) and the sandwich arrived with the edges all around were dried out and the cheese overdone and hard...not pleasant to bite into...the ham was good. I went back to get a pastry for dessert and noone was to be found. I waited a bit but finally gave up, No idea what happened to the two young men there.
An unhappy meal all around...I hope this was only a bad day they were having that day because I will never return. BTW, Avert, a French restaurant around the corner has very good service and is CLEAN and has one of the best Croque Monsieurs I have ever tasted.

2  Thank Travelersrus2
LPFBakery, Public Relations Manager at La Petite France, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2014

Hi Travelersrus2, so sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your recent visit to our cafe. I want to personally apologize for the poor visit you experienced as we strive for great food and customer service at La Petite France.

I can assure you that we do not normally conduct business in this way and would ask that you give us another chance to show you the wonderful cafe experience that you deserve!

Reviewed 21 February 2014

the croissants are delicious. we also had macaroons. they were very good as well. i would certainly purchase pastry here again. the atmosphere is cozy and small. we took our items home to eat. i liked the selection of items.

LPFBakery, Public Relations Manager at La Petite France, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2014

Hi Karen thank you so much for coming into the cafe and for taking the time to write such a wonderful review.

We are so glad you enjoyed the croissants and macarons and look forward to seeing you again!