“Always a good choice” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Pond House Cafe

Pond House Cafe
Reserve with OpenTable
Pond House Cafe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #11 of 169 Restaurants in West Hartford
Price range: US$21 - US$30
Cuisines: American, International
Good for: Business meetings, Child-friendly, View, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Brunch, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Prospect
Transit: on Asylum Ave.
Description: Nestled on the pond in historic Elizabeth Park the Pond House is surrounded by gardens & offers four seasons of charm with a menu to match. Changed seasonally we offer eclectic comfort food that reflects the down to earth but playful spirit of our staff. Watch young skaters on the pond while savoring a hearty winter stew. Announce Spring's arrival with a walk through the park followed by brunch on the patio. Stop and smell the world famous roses then linger over dinner as sun slowly sets over the trees. Lunch, Dinner, Brunch & Take out. The Pond House - stylish, fun & playful.
west hartford,CT
“Always a good choice”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 February 2014

My husband & I are frequent visitors at the Pond House. We have never had a bad meal-always great. We love tasty Tuesdays- 3 course price fixed menu. The staff is wonderful, as is the food. Lovely views in all seasons- and at Halloween The Pond House is dressed to the nines! - Ghoulish decor inside and especially out. And you can always enjoy Elizabeth Park pre- or post meal. Lunch is also a great treat too.
Lovely wine list and BYOB.

• Visited January 2014

Connecticut
“Perfect Wedding Venue”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 January 2014

My son and daughter in law were married in the brilliant Elizabeth Park and enjoyed a most magnificent reception at the Pond House. Everything from the decor to the service - and pefectly prepared food - was impecable. We loved their attention to detail. they did every thing to make it a magical day and they succeeded wildly. We've been back for brunches and dinners and they never cease to amaze.

• Visited November 2013
Hartford, Connecticut
“Okay Dinner”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 November 2013

We dined at the Pond House last night as part of a Livingsocial deal. I have been waiting to try this restaurant for a while and the deal was a great way to get us in the door.

The setting is beautiful, located inside Elizabeth Park. Parking was a little bit of a hassle because there was an event going on in the banquet facility. There was no parking in the lot or available on the side of the road. It was dark out and I was not going to park on the other side of the park and walk by myself, so I ended up on the grass.

I am torn in my review of the food because my husband's steak frites were wonderful, accompanied by truffle fries and wonderfully marinated onions. I ordered the salmon with panzenella salad. The salmon was very good, although they did not ask how I wanted it cooked. It came out a lovely medium and was very hot. The accompanying salad was just sad. The tomatoes were barely ripe and although I realize its not their season, they were barely edible. I don't know why they would even put them on the plate. The salad was also poorly seasoned, it didn't taste like much.

While I would probably try the Pond House again, I will definitely be apprehensive about how my meal will turn out. I would return for the ambiance and company.

• Visited November 2013
Glastonbury, Connecticut
“Spectacular Setting, Wonderful Autmun Brunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 October 2013

Seven of us enjoyed a wonderful brunch, seated on the outdoor patio with a lovely view of the water. It was a crisp autumn morning, but the sunshine warmed things up, and the sights of the falling leaves and the colorful trees made for a great setting. The kids even enjoyed walking around the lake while waiting for their food to arrive...

The food was excellent -- I ordered the autumn brunch special (including a steak benedict w/sweet potatoes - very nice), and sampled some other meals that were on the table (including the vanilla french toast w/pears, apples & cinnamon whipped cream) - it was all really tasty. Prices are very reasonable for the portion sizes and quality of the food. The service was good (not spectacular - we had to go hunt down our own spoons to stir the coffee that was served w/o utensils...), but it wasn't anything negative enough to dampen the experience.

This was our first visit to The Pond Cafe, but it definitely won't be the last - we really had a wonderful experience.

• Visited October 2013
Hartford, Connecticut
“A gem in Hartford”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2013

The Pond House Cafe is in the most beautiful location situated right in the middle of Elizabeth Park. We enjoyed a lovely Sunday brunch here. Service was wonderful and the menu offered options to please every palate. My dining companion loved the bloody mary, and I tried the spiked raspberry coffee which was very tasty. My roman omelette was very good, and I enjoyed the cornbread served in lieu of boring toast. Definitely sit outside for the views if the weather allows. After dining you can take a peaceful stroll through the gardens and enjoy the wide variety of flowers and trees. I would definitely bring out of town visitors here. In my opinion this charming cafe is all about the ambience and the views, so if you enjoy nice food plus nature, you will love it here.

Visited August 2013