“Delicious”
Review of Pond House Cafe

Pond House Cafe
Reserve with OpenTable
Pond House Cafe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #12 of 184 Restaurants in West Hartford
Price range: US$21 - US$30
Cuisines: American, International
Good for: Romantic, View, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Prospect
Transit: on Asylum Ave.
Description: Nestled on the pond in historic Elizabeth Park the Pond House is surrounded by gardens & offers four seasons of charm with a menu to match. Changed seasonally we offer eclectic comfort food that reflects the down to earth but playful spirit of our staff. Watch young skaters on the pond while savoring a hearty winter stew. Announce Spring's arrival with a walk through the park followed by brunch on the patio. Stop and smell the world famous roses then linger over dinner as sun slowly sets over the trees. Lunch, Dinner, Brunch & Take out. The Pond House - stylish, fun & playful.
Reviewed 17 May 2014

Have been to Pond House several times. Sunday brunch on the patio makes for a great atmosphere. The food was great! Tasted appetizer, and they were all great. Fantastic presentation! Their dinner menu is really great too.

Reviewed 9 March 2014

Went for dinner with my girlfriends, have been for brunch and it was so nice that I was really looking forward to having dinner there. Service was fine, drinks were good and not overpriced. I thought the some of the menu pairings seemed abit different but expected it to be very good none the less, One friend had the short ribs which came with french fries, would have expected potatoes. The swordfish special seemed pretty good. Another had the jambalaya which looked more like a paella. I had scallops - for $25.67. I thought 3 scallops was pretty darn chintzy. Maybe for lunch and certainly for a lot less money. While the scallops tasted good, they were paired with a jicama slaw that frankly had very little flavor and potato sticks. They were cold and didn't taste much different than what you would get from a can. Overall I was very disappointed for what I paid and what I received. Will probably not go back as there are too many other places that provide a higher quality meal for the price.

2  Thank MAM0101
Reviewed 2 February 2014

My husband & I are frequent visitors at the Pond House. We have never had a bad meal-always great. We love tasty Tuesdays- 3 course price fixed menu. The staff is wonderful, as is the food. Lovely views in all seasons- and at Halloween The Pond House is dressed to the nines! - Ghoulish decor inside and especially out. And you can always enjoy Elizabeth Park pre- or post meal. Lunch is also a great treat too.
Lovely wine list and BYOB.

Reviewed 29 January 2014

My son and daughter in law were married in the brilliant Elizabeth Park and enjoyed a most magnificent reception at the Pond House. Everything from the decor to the service - and pefectly prepared food - was impecable. We loved their attention to detail. they did every thing to make it a magical day and they succeeded wildly. We've been back for brunches and dinners and they never cease to amaze.

Reviewed 6 November 2013

We dined at the Pond House last night as part of a Livingsocial deal. I have been waiting to try this restaurant for a while and the deal was a great way to get us in the door.

The setting is beautiful, located inside Elizabeth Park. Parking was a little bit of a hassle because there was an event going on in the banquet facility. There was no parking in the lot or available on the side of the road. It was dark out and I was not going to park on the other side of the park and walk by myself, so I ended up on the grass.

I am torn in my review of the food because my husband's steak frites were wonderful, accompanied by truffle fries and wonderfully marinated onions. I ordered the salmon with panzenella salad. The salmon was very good, although they did not ask how I wanted it cooked. It came out a lovely medium and was very hot. The accompanying salad was just sad. The tomatoes were barely ripe and although I realize its not their season, they were barely edible. I don't know why they would even put them on the plate. The salad was also poorly seasoned, it didn't taste like much.

While I would probably try the Pond House again, I will definitely be apprehensive about how my meal will turn out. I would return for the ambiance and company.