“Outstanding sushi. Always.”
Review of Murasaki Japanese Restaurant - CLOSED

Murasaki Japanese Restaurant
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Reviewed 30 June 2014

George is a wizard. Sushi fresh and amazing every time. There is love in this food. Try fresh scallop, rolls, age dashi tofu.

Reviewed 5 June 2014

We come all the way from Avon just to eat here. It is the best sushi in the area hands down. The waitresses are always nice and get you whatever you ask for. The food is always fresh and yummy. There is limited seating though so call before you go just to make sure you can get a seat.

Reviewed 9 August 2013

We moved into the area about a year ago and eventually found Murasaki. We tried some of the other Sushi restaurants in town with mixed results. Once we walked in the door here, we knew we had found the real deal. George runs the sushi bar like a musician - and his experience shows. His sushi is expertly prepared and you can tell he loves what he does. The best advice I can give is to go in, sit at the sushi bar and order a mix of sushi and sashimi. Don't bother with the big, huge special rolls. Instead, go for some traditional fare sushi and maki, or maybe an order of chirashi. Top it off with some sake and you will know what I'm talking about.

Reviewed 26 June 2013 via mobile

Crazy, right? My wife piece was all like 'let's get some sushi' and I'm all like 'the frozen blue drink from the gas station?' and she's all 'no, fool, raw fish!' 'whhhaaat?'

But for serious though, this stuff is legitimate. I bet this will catch on soon and sushi joints will be popping up everywhere. If I were you I would head down to Murasaki and get you some sushi.

My main man George lays down some mean rolls and sashimi. Try the spicy seaweed salad, beef negamaki, and a spicy tuna roll.

For real though, Murasaki is the best sushi spot in the state. Don't doubt.

1  Thank skimaine
Reviewed 11 November 2012

I had dinner at the Murasaki Japanese Restaurant on November, 11, 2012. This was not my first dining experience at this restaurant. The restaurant is small and narrow with limited seating. However, it is an outstanding place to eat. The menu is very diverse, and it includes sushi, noodle dishes, salads, etc. I ordered a 16 ounce Sapporo beer to start, which is a Japanese beer. For my main dinner entree I ordered thin noodles with chicken, and it came with miso soup as an appetizer. The miso soup was very tasty. I received a very generous portion of noodles and chicken about 10 minutes after placing my order. They, too, were very tasty. The price for my dinner and beer was $21.27, which is very reasonable. Overall, if you are looking for good tasting Japanese food, Murasaki Restaurant is an outstanding option.