“Best falafel anywhere and SUPER friendly staff”

Tangiers International
Ranked #9 of 181 Restaurants in West Hartford
Cuisines: Middle Eastern
Reviewed 26 June 2014

Soon to be relocated, so if you want to try the best falafel in Hartford County, keep an eye out for when they move down Farmington Ave to Hartford. Such an amazingly nice, sweet, loving family owns and operates this landmark. Always a friendly greeting and besides the falafel, their other Middle Eastern dishes rock. Dolma is a favorite among the rest of my family and the hummus is amazing. Great items you don't find just anywhere all throughout the market. Be sure to catch them in the original spot or in Hartford. Wherever they are, be there and enjoy friendly service and excellent food.

Reviewed 16 June 2014

We ate here for the first time yesterday after going to nearby Elizabeth Park for the Rose Festival. What a find. This middle-Eastern grocery store also serves made-to-order food, including some of the best falafel I've ever had in my life. Fresh, delicious ingredients and very nice portions. The stuffed graped leaves and hummus were great, but the falafel wraps--big and bursting with flavor--were the standouts. Don't skimp on the dessert either--we were too full from our meal to eat it right away, but the baklava we brought home to enjoy later was incredible! Superfriendly service and great food--this place is a real winner! This will be our go-to stop anytime we're in the Hartford area.

Reviewed 15 June 2014 via mobile

I highly recommend Tangiers Market - a middle eastern market with a fantastic selection of items and fresh food made to order. The falafel is well known to be the best in the area and it did not disappoint. It was perfectly spiced and prepared to perfection right before our eyes. I also recommend the baba ganoush. The grocery area had a terrific selection of items including Turkish taffy, falafel mixes, dried fruits, teas, honey, coffees, pastries, produce, and on and on. It is so much fun checking out the variety of goods. I was also impressed by how many non-GMO and organic items they had on the shelves. The family that owns this market takes pride in serving the best to its customers. When we stopped in we were helped by two of the brothers who were so friendly and helpful. You can even purchase mom's cookbook there! I am looking forward to checking out their new space when they move up the street in July. This place is a must try for anyone in the Hartford area.

Reviewed 21 March 2014

This is a cool Mid-Eastern grocery store but they make an awesome falafel sandwich!!! The wrap the falafel in a warm pita with fresh veggies and taziki sauce. It is SO good. The sandwich is good size. I usually get the stuffed grape leaves to go with it. Perfect lunch! I also bought some eggplant salad that was very food. I stop in monthly and the food and selection is consistent. There are a couple of stools and a small counter if you want to eat there but it's more fun to take the food back to work and let everyone else drool. The guys behind the counter are always helpful and nice.

Reviewed 15 December 2013

This international supermarket has a great selection of Israeli and middle eastern foods, I always come here for my specialty food shopping. The falafal to order is just above average, its nothing special but it is made to order in front of you and it is fresh. The hummus to bring home is above average. Friendly workers and a place I do recommend.