“Why did I wait so long to come here?!?”
Review of Koma

Koma
Ranked #88 of 201 Restaurants in West Hartford
Reviewed 14 April 2017 via mobile

Firstly, this restaurant is beautiful! You walk in and you are immediately awestruck by the design and ambiance. The menu is varied and you can choose to sit either in the hibachi section or the dining room. The food was cooked perfectly and the staff were very friendly and accommodating. Their sushi was the freshest I have ever tasted anywhere and their other menu items we tried (shrimp tempura, miso soup, wonton soup, crispy peanut chicken) were delicious as well! Plus they periodically have a great deal on groupon too! Can't wait to go back:)

Reviewed 10 March 2017 via mobile

Nice mix of dishes to enjoy our Groupon here. Passed on the Hibachi to have a quiet dinner together.
Hurricane Roll was crunchy & delicious. Would definitely get this again.
Seafood soup just OK. Clear broth with a shrimp, scallop, imitation crab & some mushrooms.
General Tao's Chicken better than most.
My honey loved the crab salad and her shushi roll.

Reviewed 6 March 2017 via mobile

It might very well be that I reached my limit with hibachi having now eaten at 5 hibachi restaurants in Connecticut. So with that in mind, my review is more of a reflection of been there and done that and there was nothing about koma that "wowed" us. I find for the most part there is little variation of the cuisine experience no matter where you go, (exception = 9 east in Branford in my opinion) and Koma tasted like other places we dined at - same tasting soup, salad, rice and hibachi items like chicken, steak, salmon, scallops, shrimp.... we ordered the chicken, steak, shrimp and scallop and all were ok, although my son really liked the scallops. The show or presentation here was the least entertaining of all the places we have been. Just the standard playing with silverware, creating large fire and doing the choo choo train - no squirting saki or catching food with your mouth and hardly any conversation, not a lot of entertainment, at least for our table which had 4 adults and four young children. For someone who craves a great hibachi experience not sure this is the place for you. But service was good and food was okay and if this is the expectation you should be satisfied. We also ordered General Tso chicken to go for our other son who could not accompany us , and the raring on that = average, a bit too much breading and not a lot of chicken. But I will give Koma props for including broccoli as a lot of places do not.

1  Thank war1today
Reviewed 21 February 2017

My first visit here I enjoyed everything. My second visit however was disappointing. We came with a medium sized group. We had problems with the hibachi grill chef. He definitely had problems understanding English and most of his responses were just ok baby or other canned replies that he had learned. The first problem was that my kids have major shell fish allergies. I asked that he prepare their food separately or in the kitchen. He still came back and put all their food on the grill with Shrimp and Lobster. Secondly no matter how you ordered your food or even asked him to not over cook it, everything was overdone. I was definitely disappointed by the service and the quality of food I received from the hibachi grill. I would give it a terrible rating if i didn't order sushi. Which was actually the only good part of the experience.

1  Thank Kenneth P
Reviewed 26 January 2017 via mobile

Nice place for family or company partys!
We like come over with family, place friendly, good food. My kids love this place!
Also we done Christmas party with office last year in Koma, what was lot of fun!