“Rebirth”

Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Delivery
Dining options: Delivery
Reviewed 8 August 2012

I have noticed many changes in West Haven. The economy has gone so bad, that most longtime people living here move out. Or grow old. They eventually die, but new people come to replace the old.

What I mean about this little story is that Bao's Kitchen simpily still pleases the whole community even though its longtime customers move away. They still come back for more of Bao's. Like me.

I have been living in West Haven for over 50 years, and I certainly do watch a lot from my apartment window, and I know all about the changes. And how my kids have grown up, and my grandkds. It is beautiful to watch everything regrow.

Of course, for Bao's Kitchen will never regrow, because everything there is just so perfect, living its own life, with no path to follow. The food is amazing, customer service is great, and my love for Bao's Kitchen has sprung to the level of 10.

What for you would ask?

Because I was recently told by a young lady at the front that one customer has lost 6 pounds just by eating the diet foods from Bao's.

I'm going to try their Long Life Vegetarian dish on Friday.

3  Thank Sally H

Reviewed 8 July 2012

I used to enjoy Bao's but over the past couple of years they have really gone downhill. I was especially dissatisfied when I ordered a pint of chicken w/ broccoli to be delivered for dinner and they show up to my house with a single carton of pork fried rice. I called back and they told me that I never ordered chicken w/broccoli, I ordered rice. I think I know what I ordered and the guy on the phone acted like he really couldn't give a you know what and they refused to bring me my order unless I made an entire new order and paid for it AGAIN and didn't refund me. Will never eat there again.

Reviewed 16 February 2012

The food is just utterly amazing.
The staff was caring and alert, and the manager was friendly as always. He knew our names by heart.
The atmosphere... it is great!
However if you are traveling there to pick up some food, I suggest wearing an extra layer or so because they currently have remodeled the whole place and took out the 20 year old heater. They are installing a new one soon, but I'm not sure when. The manager Ming is very proud of his kitchen. Standing is Bao's Kitchen for more than 20 years, it have caught many customers' attentions, and still is.
In conclusion, all I can say is they have improved my day everyday I eat there.
Since it is the Chinese New Year, the Dragon Year, many people are ordering The Dragon and Phenoix, which is a large platter of generel tsos chicken and stir fried large shrimp with other vegatables. It also comes with a pint of steamy white rice.
I hope you can try out Bao's Kitchen's Chinese food someday, because I reccomend it to everyone, and because the food and delivery is amazing.
Thank you for taking your valuable time reading this review. You have learned many pros of Bao's Kitchen!

4  Thank lillypod99
Reviewed 5 January 2012

I have been eating at Bao's for 19 years. I have tried other Chinese restauarants in the area and I always end up back at Bao's. All their food is good. The crab rangoon & steamed shrimp dumplings are favorites.

1  Thank funfuns
Reviewed 16 July 2011

The food is amazing. I've never actually ate chinese food, and on that day, I stopped by to grab my lunch. The kitchen was busy, as always. Bao's grabbed my attention, and now, I always come to Bao's. Their service, food, delivery--I love it!

2  Thank lillypod99

Been to Bao's Kitchen? Share your experiences!