“This is an excellent hotel except -”

Best Western Executive Hotel Of New Haven-West Haven
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in West Haven
Reviewed 21 January 2014

It's very clean, roomy, pretty nice value.... everything is done right EXCEPT its location. My first stay in New Haven and I must say I did not feel like a local. It's one of those (difficult to describe) things where the hotel is in the midst of nowhere with a Walmart across the street (very convenient) but that's it. There are some other retail establishments around but it's not a central location, not downtown, not uptown, not near airport, not in residential area and not in a bustling business center, it's just a strange location. But, everything else is very, very good... from the rooms, it's cleanliness, to its convenient microwave and large size refrigerator.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
bestwesternWesthaven, Front Office Manager at Best Western Executive Hotel Of New Haven-West Haven, responded to this reviewResponded 5 February 2014

Dear Mr. Seamless Travel,

Thank you for your kind comments regarding your stay with us .It is always gratifying to know that our performance was effective and appreciated. I am very grateful you took the time to let us know of your satisfaction. In regards to the area, the place is very safe and just give you an idea, we are 4 miles from the downtown area and very close to the mall and restaurants and even to the park. We are also close to the universities.In regards to the empty building, the Management already talk to the owner of the building and even reported to the West Haven City to make sure that they will maintain the cleanliness of the building.

We look forward for your return

Reviewed 14 January 2014

The service was perfectly fine, with the exception of the morning clerk who was short and put out and when I requested a late check out. Maybe she was just having a bad morning. Where our experience really curdled was in the state of the room itself. Broken shower curtain, large gross stains on the couch and floors, stuffy air that seemed to swarm with microbes, a weirdly claustrophobic layout of the furniture, the unmistakeable smell of cigarette smoke in the hallway, despite the prominent "No Smoking Floor" sign. The whole ambience was singularly bleak and depressing. We felt slimy with the accumulated residue of all the disgusting humanity this room had housed before us.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Natalie H
bestwesternWesthaven, Front Office Manager at Best Western Executive Hotel Of New Haven-West Haven, responded to this reviewResponded 15 January 2014

Dear Ms. Natalie,

Thank you for your comments concerning your stay at the Best Western Executive Hotel of New-Haven
West Haven.I appreciate your taking time to write a survey and hope you will accept my apologies for any inconvenienced you experienced.

I am disappointed we failed to give you the fine accommodations/attention/service and consideration we strive for all our guests. I have investigated your comments and will take steps
to ensure that the problems you experienced do not happen again.

I would like to inform you also that we are upgrading our hotel.

We appreciate your patronage and hope you will stay with us at the Best Western Executive Hotel
New haven-West Haven .I can assure you we will do everything we can to make your stay a comfortable and happy one.If you need any assistance, please call me at 203-933-0344 ext 115.

Reviewed 2 January 2014

Had the pleasure of staying at the BW again for three days and have to say I have never met nicer and more accommodating people at a hotel then I do here. Whenever my husband has a business trip to CT, this is our choice for hotels.

Room Tip: Any questions ask for Jocelyn she is great!
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
bestwesternWesthaven, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Executive Hotel Of New Haven-West Haven, responded to this reviewResponded 15 January 2014

Dear Mrs. Carolyn,

Thank you for your comments.It is always gratifying to know that our efforts were effective and appreciated.

We look forward to your return,

Reviewed 17 December 2013

bathroom == very small. hard to get into room. if I had been using my wheelchair that day, we would not have gotten in. I did tell them that I was physically challenged veteran. There was YUCK on the bathroom walls and door and door knob. It was nasty. Part of the bathroom door frame was not painted. In-room Free coffee service was not even enough for one person, let alone two. It was pricey.. I could have got the same type of room for half that down the street but I picked Best Western, relying heavily on the franchise's reputation and I was seriously disappointed. Also, our first night, getting into the elevator there was a VERY VERY VERY heavy STINK of marijuana. For it to smell that bad, someone was moving a lot of it!!!! NOT GOOD for you and/or your security!! Also, I slipped when I stepped out the front doors on oil?, possibly. Anyhow, I slipped and injured my knee and NO ONE from the hotel offered ANY assistance... Then there was the issue of the in-room phone. It too, was filthy. My sister left and took my phone so I was forced to use the in-room phone. I could not dial a long distance call. I tried charging to my room OR using my credit card. However, the instructions on the phone were wrong because I could not get to the point of even connecting to make the call. I call the front desk and the young man behind the counter laughed at me and told me that he only knows how to do it by using the directions on the phone. I told him I tried numerous times so he told me to use my cell. I told him that I did not have my cell and it would not be back for a few hours and I needed to make this call...his response was "I don't know what to tell you..." WOW! That is sad. Really sad. I am really mad at your company for that!

Reviewed 14 December 2013

The location is convenient. Room is clean and neat. Furniture is in good quality. There is a very nice HDTV with more than enough channels to select. Bed is comfortable. Breakfast could be better, wish to have warm food. In cold weather, room is kind of cold even with heater on, need two blankets for sleep.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western
bestwesternWesthaven, Public Relations Manager at Best Western Executive Hotel Of New Haven-West Haven, responded to this reviewResponded 15 January 2014

Dear Mr. Nong J.,

Thank you for your kind comments.

I am passing your comments knowing that it will serve as an inspiration to our staff to continue their
efforts.

We look forward to your return

Reviewed 30 November 2013

Stayed for one Sunday night and found the property very clean, comfortably appointed and safe. Having several choices at the included breakfast was a bonus. Front desk staff was pleasant and professional.

• Stayed: November 2013

Dear Mr. W.

Thank you for your kind comments on our performance. It is always gratifying to know that our efforts
were effective and appreciated.

We look forward to your return.

Reviewed 24 November 2013

Excellent place to stay for business or pleasure in the New Haven area. Very professional and courteous staff. Everyone treats you like you are part of their family. Highly recommend if you're looking for a place to stay for the evening or for the week. I've spent time here over the last 2 years and have never had a problem. Whenever I have any needs, they are taken cared of promptly and courteously. I have met other customers who all have said that they look forward to stay here at the Best Western Executive Hotel whenever they need a place to stay when they are in town. I have also had my wife stay with me here and she finds the hotel convenient for her shopping and for walking down at the West Haven Beach.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
bestwesternWesthaven, Front Office Manager at Best Western Executive Hotel Of New Haven-West Haven, responded to this reviewResponded 26 November 2013

Dear Mr. W.

Thank you for your cooperation in taking the time to complete our comment card following your visit to the Best Western Executive Hotel-new Haven-West haven,

Your comments on our performance were most generous and we appreciate your patronage and we look forward to your return.

Also consider these accommodations in or near West Haven
La Quinta Inn & Suites New Haven
New Haven Hotel
New Haven Hotel
#3 of 12 in New Haven

Been to Best Western Executive Hotel Of New Haven-West Haven? Share your experiences!