“Hospitality Plus”

Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in West Haven
Ballston Lake, New York
“Hospitality Plus”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 February 2014

Jocelyn is a person who makes good things happen !! She smoothed the way for a very comfortable stay for my husband and me,as well as our daughter and her family! She has done this now for the 2 times that we have come for the Yale Invitational! We have enjoyed our stays very much!!!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

bestwesternWesthaven, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN Executive Hotel of New Haven-West Haven, responded to this review, 13 February 2014
Dear Mr. and Mrs. SMC1943,

I just wanted to take a moment to personally thank you for your kind comments. I trust all went well during your stay with us, and that you found our services more than satisfactory.

Our entire staff is looking forward to working with you again soon. If I can be of any assistance, please do not hesitate to call me at 203-933-0344 ext 115.

Looking forward for your return.

Jocelyn Rojas

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 February 2014

I stayed in this hotel along with the group and the hotel is very nice and clean even on the snow season. They are also renovating the hotel. The pool was also clean and re-painted. Breakfast is awesome. The Manager, Jocelyn Rojas is awesome. We came early and she accommodated us ..She was alone in the Front Desk but was able to prepare the keys right away. The parking is big and they can accommodate trucks and buses. This is good for big groups and truckers. Rate was affordable. definitely we are coming back in this hotel.

Room Tip: Rooms at backside is a quite place.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
bestwesternWesthaven, Manager at BEST WESTERN Executive Hotel of New Haven-West Haven, responded to this review, 13 February 2014
Dear Ms. Julieta S.

Thank you very much for your wonderful comments regarding your recent stay with us. I am very grateful you took the time to let us know of your satisfaction.

wyckoff n.j., United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 February 2014

Service good, room nice, convenient to downtown New Haven, ice machine on floor elusive, day and night clerk very helpful..Sunday continental breakfast skimpy. Parking good, but immediate surrounding area has construction. Easy access to Interstate 95.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo

1 Thank Edward V
bestwesternWesthaven, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN Executive Hotel of New Haven-West Haven, responded to this review, 5 February 2014
Thank you for your kind comments and for taking the time out of your busy schedule to write such a complimentary letter.

I am passing on your comments knowing that it will serve as an inspiration to our staff to continue their efforts.

In regards to the breakfast . I will make sure to pass it on the right department so they can take immediate corrective action

We look forward to your return.

Jocelyn
Rojas
Binghamton, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 January 2014

It's very clean, roomy, pretty nice value.... everything is done right EXCEPT its location. My first stay in New Haven and I must say I did not feel like a local. It's one of those (difficult to describe) things where the hotel is in the midst of nowhere with a Walmart across the street (very convenient) but that's it. There are some other retail establishments around but it's not a central location, not downtown, not uptown, not near airport, not in residential area and not in a bustling business center, it's just a strange location. But, everything else is very, very good... from the rooms, it's cleanliness, to its convenient microwave and large size refrigerator.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
Dear Mr. Seamless Travel,

Thank you for your kind comments regarding your stay with us .It is always gratifying to know that our performance was effective and appreciated. I am very grateful you took the time to let us know of your satisfaction. In regards to the area, the place is very safe and just give you an idea, we are 4 miles from the downtown area and very close to the mall and restaurants and even to the park. We are also close to the universities.In regards to the empty building, the Management already talk to the owner of the building and even reported to the West Haven City to make sure that they will maintain the cleanliness of the building.

We look forward for your return
New York
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 January 2014

The service was perfectly fine, with the exception of the morning clerk who was short and put out and when I requested a late check out. Maybe she was just having a bad morning. Where our experience really curdled was in the state of the room itself. Broken shower curtain, large gross stains on the couch and floors, stuffy air that seemed to swarm with microbes, a weirdly claustrophobic layout of the furniture, the unmistakeable smell of cigarette smoke in the hallway, despite the prominent "No Smoking Floor" sign. The whole ambience was singularly bleak and depressing. We felt slimy with the accumulated residue of all the disgusting humanity this room had housed before us.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business

1 Thank Natalie H
bestwesternWesthaven, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN Executive Hotel of New Haven-West Haven, responded to this review, 15 January 2014
Dear Ms. Natalie,

Thank you for your comments concerning your stay at the Best Western Executive Hotel of New-Haven
West Haven.I appreciate your taking time to write a survey and hope you will accept my apologies for any inconvenienced you experienced.

I am disappointed we failed to give you the fine accommodations/attention/service and consideration we strive for all our guests. I have investigated your comments and will take steps
to ensure that the problems you experienced do not happen again.

I would like to inform you also that we are upgrading our hotel.

We appreciate your patronage and hope you will stay with us at the Best Western Executive Hotel
New haven-West Haven .I can assure you we will do everything we can to make your stay a comfortable and happy one.If you need any assistance, please call me at 203-933-0344 ext 115.

Travellers are raving about these West Haven hotels

Manchester, New Hampshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2014

Had the pleasure of staying at the BW again for three days and have to say I have never met nicer and more accommodating people at a hotel then I do here. Whenever my husband has a business trip to CT, this is our choice for hotels.

Room Tip: Any questions ask for Jocelyn she is great!
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
bestwesternWesthaven, Guest Relations Manager at BEST WESTERN Executive Hotel of New Haven-West Haven, responded to this review, 15 January 2014
Dear Mrs. Carolyn,

Thank you for your comments.It is always gratifying to know that our efforts were effective and appreciated.

We look forward to your return,

A City, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 December 2013

bathroom == very small. hard to get into room. if I had been using my wheelchair that day, we would not have gotten in. I did tell them that I was physically challenged veteran. There was YUCK on the bathroom walls and door and door knob. It was nasty. Part of the bathroom door frame was not painted. In-room Free coffee service was not even enough for one person, let alone two. It was pricey.. I could have got the same type of room for half that down the street but I picked Best Western, relying heavily on the franchise's reputation and I was seriously disappointed. Also, our first night, getting into the elevator there was a VERY VERY VERY heavy STINK of marijuana. For it to smell that bad, someone was moving a lot of it!!!! NOT GOOD for you and/or your security!! Also, I slipped when I stepped out the front doors on oil?, possibly. Anyhow, I slipped and injured my knee and NO ONE from the hotel offered ANY assistance... Then there was the issue of the in-room phone. It too, was filthy. My sister left and took my phone so I was forced to use the in-room phone. I could not dial a long distance call. I tried charging to my room OR using my credit card. However, the instructions on the phone were wrong because I could not get to the point of even connecting to make the call. I call the front desk and the young man behind the counter laughed at me and told me that he only knows how to do it by using the directions on the phone. I told him I tried numerous times so he told me to use my cell. I told him that I did not have my cell and it would not be back for a few hours and I needed to make this call...his response was "I don't know what to tell you..." WOW! That is sad. Really sad. I am really mad at your company for that!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business

Courtyard New Haven at Yale
La Quinta Inn & Suites New Haven
Omni New Haven Hotel at Yale
Hyatt Place Milford/New Haven

Been to BEST WESTERN Executive Hotel of New Haven-West Haven? Share your experiences!