“Only stayed because close to University”

Best Western Executive Hotel Of New Haven-West Haven
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in West Haven
Reviewed 22 August 2014

This property happens to be close to my son's University. That was the only good thing about it. The room had an strong odor when first arriving. The air conditioning worked periodically. The beds sagged and were very uncomfortable. There were dirty towels left in the bathroom, and dirty towels left for guest use. Would I stay again? Only if every other place is booked and had to.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
bestwesternWesthaven, Front Office Manager at Best Western Executive Hotel Of New Haven-West Haven, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2014

Dear Ms. Vicki. M.

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. It is very upsetting to see that we failed at providing you with a satisfactory stay.

We work very hard towards maintaining and improving our guest satisfaction everyday,
We will certainly look into this and make sure this does not happen again.

We hope this was an exception and you will consider giving us another try the next time you are in the area.

If I can be of any assistance, Please do not hesitate to call me at 203-933-0344 ext 115 and I will be happy to assist you,

Sincerely.

Reviewed 22 August 2014

Stayed overnight for move in to college for my daughter. When you approach the hotel entrance, you have to drive through the parking lot of the abandoned restaurant building beside it (very seedy). There is sufficient parking but there are signs all over stating hotel not responsible for you car belongings (made me feel secure). The awning in the entrance is literally falling apart, but it was much nicer inside. We were on the 5th floor and when we exited the elevator, it was about 90 degrees in the hallway, the room was about 85 degrees. Once we turned up the air it was fine. the room was clean except for the brown stains on the shower curtain, and the thermal carafe on the coffee maker was very dingy looking but it worked. We were in a king room but my husband decided to join us and we found out the hard way that they do not have roll away cots. We went out for a while and when we returned, the hallway wreaked of pot! Pool area was cute, much smaller than on line pictures. The air conditioner was on high cool all night but i kept getting hot, and our room was on the parkway side and you heard cars and trucks all night, and the curtains didnt block out the lights on the parkway, they shined into the room. Breakfast was adequate, pancake machine (yes, machine), sausages and egg patties, bagels, muffins, cereal, fruit, coffee and juices. It worked well for us,, we are not picky eaters. We are not picky at all but i would not stay here again. The staff could care less about you and i would rather give my money to people that appreciate my business, when i return in september i would stay in the hampton inn which is directly in front of this hotel.

Room Tip: ask for a room on the road side of hotel and on a low floor.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

Dear Eperine,

Thank you for your review regarding your recent stay.with us. I appreciate your taking the time to write a survey and hope you will accept my apologies for any inconvenienced you experienced.

In regards to the building in our area. We are doing our best to solve the problem and the City of
West Haven was already informed about this. But we have a very safe parking .. And we have 24 hr
controlled camera outside. The awning will be renovated soon, the problem came during the inclement weather.

I appreciate your taking the time to bring them to my attention, Again my apologies and my further assurance that if you give us the opportunity to redeem ourselves, we shall

Reviewed 21 August 2014

The room was clean, the staff was courteous, the beds were comfortable. My room was right near the elevator, and although I do not prefer that, it was quieter than I anticipated. The telephone system however is ancient and the message waiting light blinked all night without a message.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Dear ms. Glady's L

Thank you for your review. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and we hope to see you again.

With Best regards,

Sincerely

Reviewed 13 August 2014

I had a great stay and will come back again because of good service great staff, and very nice manager (Jocelyn). You will feel very important because they will greet you in the lobby. Room very nice and wi-fi is good. They will also upgrade your room automatically if you are a Best Western Rewards and will give you an extra bonus points.

Room Tip: Make sure to ask for Best Western rewards and they will enroll you. If you are a Platinum Member the...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
bestwesternWesthaven, Front Office Manager at Best Western Executive Hotel Of New Haven-West Haven, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2014

Dear Ricky F.,

It was so nice to read your great review. It was so nice that you enjoyed your stay and how happy
you were with our staff.

I will be sure to share your comments with our team. we hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 13 August 2014

Stopped for the night on our way through the area. Hotel staff was friendly and helpful. Hotel and grounds appeared clean and well maintained but the parking lot on the east side is not well lit and gives you an uneasy feeling. Room was clean, spacious and comfortable. Breakfast was the typical choices as most chain hotels, nothing special. We arrived late and left immediately after breakfast so I can't say anything about the other amenities offered or any of the surrounding businesses. The parking lot didn't seem as bad in the morning but I would still park closer to the front door after dark. It seemed like an ok place to spend the night.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Kelly C,

Thank you for your kind review regarding your recent stay with us. It was nice that you enjoyed your stayed and we hope to see you again soon. I will be sure to share your comments with our team .

Sincerely

Reviewed 4 August 2014 via mobile

Stopped here on a trip to New England.

1. The WiFi never worked.

2. The pool was freezing cold. It is advertised as a "heated pool." Nope.

3. Not that it made any difference, because there were no towels.

4. Breakfast was not good. Eggs were rubber and selection was weak.

5. Thought we would have been asked how our stay was when we checked out. Nope.

6. Shower had two temps...scalding or freezing.

I'm sure there is somewhere other than here to stay that is better quality.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 31 July 2014

As we were coming through Connecticut at one of the rest stops the West Haven area was mentioned as a nice spot to stop in! For years we have stayed in Best Western hotels! This particular hotel had a good rate so we stayed one night! Recently, Best Western have become independently owned and things have changed. It is VERY HARD to get any credits to earn a free room anymore! I found this to be true as we traveled throughout Illinois last year and this year in Conn. The room was nice but did have a sleeper sofa with ripped arms, an old faucet in the shower, and a dirty room coffee maker. The breakfast was weak! Cool coffee, pancake mix ran out as did the half and half! It was a Great attempt, but needs some organization! The other item we were concerned about is the safety of the parking lot as it was next to a rundown out of business building! For one night it is ok!

Room Tip: Nothing more to add!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Peg A,

Thank you for your review regarding your recent stay. I have investigated your comments and will take steps to ensure that the problems you experienced do not happen again.

We appreciate your patronage and hope this inconvenience will not keep you from returning to Best Western Executive in New-Haven West-Haven and we will do everything we can to make your stay a comfortable and happy one.

Also consider these accommodations in or near West Haven
La Quinta Inn & Suites New Haven
Omni New Haven Hotel at Yale
Hilton Garden Inn Milford
Courtyard New Haven at Yale

Been to Best Western Executive Hotel Of New Haven-West Haven? Share your experiences!