Econo Lodge
US$73
US$138
US$146
US$98
New Haven Hotel(New Haven)
US$258
US$208
Travelocity
  • Restaurant
US$123
US$113
Omni New Haven Hotel at Yale(New Haven)
US$212
US$206
  • Restaurant
  • Room Service
Duncan Hotel(New Haven)
No availability for your dates from our partners
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 12 April 2013

Listen I am a fair reviewer. I hate to give "terrible" reviews but this place was misery. When I checked in the front desk was polite and check-in was quick. I went to my room to find the toilet dirty, part of the floor wet and the television hardly working. I returned to the front desk and they gave me another room on the other side of the hotel. Room was better than the last but not by much. The television was a big box television with unpredictable volume control (went up and down when it wanted to). The bathroom was clean but paint was chipping from the interior of the bathtub (wear your shower shoes!!!). I pulled back the covers and although they were clean, there was noticeable wear and tear on the blankets and comforter. The sheets also had small specks of stains of some sort that obviously could not be washed out. I did not feel like changing rooms again and since I had a sheet packed with me I placed it over their bedding and slept miserably. The continental breakfast comes with a juice machine (orange and apple), five different types of mini-donuts and one dry type of muffin....a waffle iron and a station for cereal.

Spend a few extra bucks and stay at a better hotel like The Hampton Inn or Best Western. This was work related and reserved for me so I had no true choice in staying unless I wanted to spend money out of pocket.

Room Tip: Facing the motel with your back to the street. Request rooms on the right side of the hotel. They are more remodeled and much better than the left.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank vinmarine1
Reviewed 1 March 2013

I paid about 1/3rd the price of the nicer hotels closer to the New Haven area. The room smelled like old wet carpet mixed with cigar stench (in a non-smoking room). The outside of the hotel is completely rundown and practically empty. The elevator appeared to be falling apart from the walls down to the floor. The remote control didn't work when I arrived. There were stains on the bed cover and the pillows were made of rocks. I was more comfortable sleeping flat on the mattress. Luckily I only had to stay here for one night. If anyone needs a place to stay other than to sleep for few hours I would recommend paying any amount more and NOT staying here.

Room Tip: Pick a room ....in a different hotel
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank julj53
Reviewed 5 November 2012

Even though the rooms at this hotel may have been recently renovated, new carpet or new furnishings don't disguise the fact that this hotel has seen better days. I wasn't a fan of the bullet-proof glass at the front desk--maybe it just speaks of the neighbourhood this hotel is in. The elevator and corridors leading to the rooms were in poor condition and made me feel like I was staying in some 'seedy' motel. My room was clean and overall it was just 'O.K.' Breakfast was adequate and frequently replenished (so if you came down for breakfast at 9:30, you would still find a good selection of pastries, bagels, cereal, coffee, juice, and make-your-own waffles).

I think this hotel is a little over-priced for what you get. I could have stayed in a 3-star hotel in the area for about $20 more a night. I recommend spending the extra $20 and staying somewhere else--I know I will the next time I am in New Haven.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Yale_Alum
Reviewed 19 October 2012

Place is not the Hyatt but served it;s purpose.
I was on the road after a very long day and needed some rest, a beer, and a shower.
Stopped in to see the place looks newly renovated and the lobby looked nice.
Elevators are a little dated, and, takes you up to the 2nd floor only to find out there is an outside entrance into your room.
Rooms had good decor but one of the bed covers had a burn hole in it and the heater only went to 84 degrees. The restroom was renovated also and smelled fine and had hot water, a new toiler and new shower.
Overall, it is good for a one or two night stay.
Cant beat it for the price in the Northeast

Room Tip: Try rooms upstairs, If you dont want to go out try asking for takeout menus, they have them. Get double beds in case you dont like the bed coverings.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 18 July 2012

Where to begin? The male receptionist treats you as if you checking in is a waste of his precious time that he could be spending in the back of the office watching a movie on his laptop with his feet up (as you will catch him doing EVERY TIME.) You won't hear a single please or thank you out of his mouth. Oh and god forbid you may need anything because then you'll realllllyyy pi$$ everyone off. We asked for 2 extra pillows seeing as the two provided were flat and won't even hold your head up. We were basically told to **** off. After asking four times a nasty maid banged on our door and literally threw a single pillow at my boyfriend and actually yelled at him saying that out of the whole god forsaken place they only have one extra pillow, not two. There was also two mosquito/termite hybrids the size of my fist on the wall. The shower also does not work at all...unless you're into ice cold showers. The room and bed itself were comfortable and clean but that is truley the only decent thing I can say about this place. If you're looking to file a lawsuit, here is a great place to make it happen. The hallway floors are so uneven and there's deep bumps and divets everywhere. The lobby floors are also always insanely wet and slippery. This place also attracts a less than desireable crowd as far as your neighbors go. Basically, if youre thinking of staying here...think again

• Stayed: July 2012