“JUST PLAIN OUTDATED why do people buy properties and just neglect them”
Review of Econo Lodge

Econo Lodge
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in West Haven
Reviewed 12 May 2014

I do understand that i was just using this place to sleep but it's gross. I was amazed upon checking out that they where telling the person in front of me to go on trip advisor and give them a rating. I then asked the clerk what she was asking people to fill out. I then showed her my picks of the room hair on the sheets,broken door, dresser door broke, fridge broke, bugs in bathroom as well as dust, soap scum and asked her for the paper she had given the customer before me which she really didn't want to give me. If you lose money in there machines there not responsible. There are other hotels at this exit go to those ones. I've stayed at the executive with great results they where booked this time. Keep in mind if you are traveling 95 or major highway's rest centers usually carry hotel/motel coupon books that are free to th general public. I have pictures will post later

Room Tip: No restaurant and I didn't see a pool but it was winter time so.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
4  Thank jonayone
There are newer reviews for Econo Lodge

Reviewed 2 May 2014

Was in town for a seminar and needed a room for 2 nights....didnt need anything fancy just a place to sleep. Its a little dated but room was clean, bed was comfortable, the AC worked and it was quiet. Only complaint is the wireless service is slow and keeps cutting out. If you need a cheap place to stay this place is perfect.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Bill B
Reviewed 4 March 2014

I wish I could give a better review because I actually like the jacuzzi room that I stay in. Unfortunately there are many cons to staying there. There are cigarette burns in the comforter and sheets and iit seems like they dont even wash them. There are only two little flat pillows for the king size bed. The room size is huge BUT when laying in the bed you have to pull the dresser towards the bed as close as you can in order to watch tv without squiting. The bathroom is digusting as well. I just thing this place needs to be renovated because everything is Old. The price that I paid wasnt worth the stay at all. They should only charge $50/night for all rooms.......Dont think I'll be staying here again only did for the jacuzzi but I'd rather put my money towards something more cleaner, damn a jacuzzi.

Room Tip: Very Dirty
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Tati P
Reviewed 28 February 2014

I called the front desk because they did not change the sheets from the night before. I knew this because I had stayed in the room the two previous nights before and last night I had painted my nails, and a spot of nail Polish fell onto the sheet. Today when I pulled the comforter off like I do every other night, the same nail Polish was in the same spot on the sheet. The sheets were all wrinkly because my boyfriend and I had stayed the night before. The Indian woman at the front desk asked me if I wanted the housekeeper to come change my sheets, I said yes and she said, "oh well she just left until tomorrow morning so there is nothing we can do thank you or calling" and hung up. I was not oven fresh sheets and no one came to even check the incident. This is disgusting.

• Stayed: February 2014
4  Thank mbarniak1212
Reviewed 9 February 2014 via mobile

I paid $98 for one night stay on saturday. I stayed in the second floor non-smoking room. I had to request to be placed in another room because my room smelled like a smokers room, the smell was so bad to the point were it made me sick to my stomach. I got moved to another room were it still smelled, but the smell was not as strong. We went out and purchased a fabreeze spray to help with the bad smells. The bending machine took our money twice when we tried purchasing some bottled water. Don't bother claiming it because there is a clear sign on the machine that says "no refunds" and "please do not notify clerk". It a scarry and dirty place, the heat is too much and the bathroom sink clogged.
I just could not wait for morning to check out. This is not worth $98 the night.

• Stayed: February 2014
3  Thank june a
Reviewed 27 January 2014

As a teenager when I visited, I was on a summer trip with my family to New England after visiting the Statue of Liberty the day before, and feeling that it was getting late, decided to stay at a nearby hotel by the highway. At that exit, there were two choices, the Best Western Executive Hotel of New Haven-West Haven, or this Econo Lodge. I had never personally stayed in one before, but given that not far from our home there is one that isn't very good (and gets pretty lousy ratings), I felt uncool about staying here, considering that our car was the only one equipped with leather seats in the lot, and my budget-minded father just wanted to take the "Econo" part and not understand that the "Lodge" meant nothing more than an experience that feels like an old college dorm room with just the bare necessities. I remember that the walls were paper thin and could easily here an adjacent room making it difficult to sleep. The TV selection was no-frills but adequate (this was before Wi-Fi was really widespread), the bathroom having somewhat dull furnishings, tacky furniture that you'd find at a thrift store, and no room service. There are no smoking rooms though, and the modest but satisfing breakfast is worthwile. The location isn't that bad being right off the interstate with a Pizza Hut, supermarket, and chinese restaurant just down the road and isn't too bad just for spending one night if the notion of status isn't important to you. But overall, based upon the more recent reviews, I would pay slightly more for the Best Western right down the road.

NOTE: I actually traveled here way back in July of 2000 and reflect my views at the time, but its still the same hotel.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Michael P
Reviewed 7 November 2013

It's not the best, but I think that at the same price you will not find better in the area. Now are doing renovation work, breakfast is just enough, but overall okay, at least it's clean compared to other motels in the category
Super 8 and Debonair Beach Motel, are the same kind, but dirty, very very dirty and unkind staff.

Non è il massimo, ma credo che allo stesso prezzo non troverete di meglio nella zona. Attualmente stanno facendo dei lavori di rinnovamento, la colazione è appena sufficiente, ma in linea di massima va bene, perlomeno è pulito rispetto ai Motel della categoria.
Super 8 and Debonair Beach Motel, sono molto, molto sporchi ed il personale è scortese.

Room Tip: For long and cheap stay, it's better for work stay than holiday.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
Courtyard New Haven at Yale
New Haven Hotel
New Haven Hotel
#3 of 12 in New Haven

Been to Econo Lodge? Share your experiences!