See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 9 August 2008

This place is the best. I've had to take sleeping medication for the last couple of years. I stayed here & finally got a GOOD night sleep without them. I slept like a baby. To wake up & see the water & hear the sounds of the tide coming in you can't beat.

Lucy, you are the best

Stayed: July 2008
3  Thank oldnewyorker
Reviewed 20 July 2008

Back from CT including a 3-night stay in Room 3 at Talcott House. The view of Long Island Sound even surpassed our expectations, and the design aesthetic was an Architectural Digest sort of simple elegance. A busy realtor, who by her own admission is juggling plenty, is now the innkeeper, so the TA review from 2005 is no longer applicable. Certainly, however, the continental breakfast is more than adequate and prettily spread in the enormous and stylish 25' x 50' common room. Even oversights like the lack of a clock or hair dryer in our room (remedied upon our request) or housekeeping shortcomings (failure to make the bed, replace towels left on the floor as directed for that purpose, empty wastebaskets) -- these are secondary to the deep pleasure of waking to the panorama of the sun-spangled sea. For those who would choose a peerless view of the Sound over the personal touch generally provided in B&Bs, Talcott House may be a good choice.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Pat_Picks
Reviewed 10 August 2005

I priced a few of the B&Bs in Westbrook and all were about the same price. But, the Talcott offers an oceanview, an amazing breakfast, and one of the nicest hosts (Barbara) that you could ask for. I highly recommend staying here.

• Stayed: July 2005