“Won't recommend it to anyone.”

Upper Deck Sports Bar & Grill
Ranked #22 of 36 Restaurants in Westbrook
Price range: US$0 - US$25
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Bar Scene, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 26 May 2014

Someone came to leave us menus and informed us a waitress would be right over. Waited 30 min on upper deck at a table - no one came. We left and told our friends not to bother to meet us.

4  Thank bonappetit0525

Reviewed 5 March 2014

I absolutely love the Upper Deck in Westbrook! There are what seems like hundreds of TVs all over the place. If there is a game or sporting event on- you can bet it is being displayed there. There are even TVs in the bathroom!

The menu is huge and I have had many things on it- and never been disappointed. Their burgers are off the hook! The Clam Chowder makes New England proud and the wings are hot and mouthwatering!

In the summer they have great bands on the roof with a raw bar and frozen drinks! The staff is friendly and helpful and the crowd has always been really upbeat and respectful. I'll be giving this place a lot more of my money during baseball season...

1  Thank Heather B
Reviewed 30 October 2013

This place has over 20 tv's. They have all football games on Sunday. The food is excellent! The nachos are the best. And of course the wait staff is very friendly!!

Reviewed 26 October 2013

After reading so many negative reviews, we nearly decided to find another place to go to watch Sunday NFL football while on vacation in Westbrook. That would have been a big mistake.

The Upper Deck was everything we could have hoped for in a sports bar. First, the notion of it being smoky is 100% false. There is no smoking inside and my wife even commented that the rug smelled new. We enjoyed it so much, we actually went there a second time.

The food was terrific. We had the clam chowder which is freshly made and just loaded with clams (no canned soup served here). We also really enjoyed the lobster roll, loaded calamari and clam strips. The clam chowder was far superior to any of the other seafood restaurants that we went to.

The service was also wonderful. We had Jenn on both vists and she is very attentive without being intrusive.

It is possible that some of the negativity came when the place was newly opened but it certainly doesn't apply to our recent experiences.

Reviewed 25 October 2013

I have eaten at the Upper Deck a half a dozen times. The food is absolutely wonderful. I have had their pulled pork sandwich, bronx burger and chicken. I would highly recommend for a couple, for college age or for families.