“And besides, you can save money at the outlet mall”
Review of Turtle Cafe

Turtle Cafe
Ranked #2 of 36 Restaurants in Westbrook
Price range: US$5 - US$14
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 24 February 2014

Less than half a mile south of I-95, exit #65. Stop and eat (breakfast and lunch, only) even if you are not stopping at the outlet mall.

Yes, it is a hole-in-the-wall. Yes, it's only charm is its small size (avoid sitting under the air conditioner in cool weather since the insulation leaks cold air). But, treat your stomach.

We stopped for lunch. I had the Singapore Chicken Wrap. Superb! Different, flavorful. My wife had the patty melt - very good. Since she likes her beef served RAW, it was a bit overdone for her taste.

Prices: very reasonable.

There are newer reviews for Turtle Cafe

Reviewed 18 January 2014

Very informal but with a brilliant chef. This is the best weekend brunch place between Guilford and Old Saybrook. Frittatas, crepes, omelets are the specialties. The homemade corned beef hash is a work of art. The muffins should probably be illegal, they are that good.

3  Thank James C
Reviewed 24 November 2013

My wife and I have eaten at the "Turtle" several times. Some places seem good the first time you eat there, however when you go back, you say "Why did I come back here!". At the Turtle that question is very easy to answer, because the food is outstanding. I usually eat the basic breakfast foods, but this has changes since going to the Turtle. Today I tried the Crepes with eggs, smoked salmon, goat cheese and spinach. The crepes were delicious and huge, with a very tasty salad on the side. In the past, my wife has tried the lobster crepes, which were also delicious. Everything they serve is outstanding with great service and prices and a friendly atmosphere. I can't wait to go back.

Reviewed 5 October 2013

Almost hate to give away the secret but the chef is so great we have to. If you need to omit something, onions perhaps, he will suggest an alternative ingredient that will keep the enhancing favors in balance.
Try the crepes! Go hungry and go often.

Reviewed 20 September 2013

While visiting the area (we were camping at Hammonasset) we came across this restaurant. What a treat it was to find this gem! Small, cozy and friendly combined with innovative and delicious dishes. The smoked salmon Florentine was heavenly and my wife's eggs and pancakes were tasty and well cooked.The Turtle Cafe has got it goin' on!

Been to Turtle Cafe? Share your experiences!