“Terrific meal in a beautiful setting”

The Restaurant at Water's Edge
Reserve with OpenTable
The Restaurant at Water's Edge is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 36 Restaurants in Westbrook
Price range: US$15 - US$40
Cuisines: American, Italian, Seafood
Good for: Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Ripley Hill Road
Transit: 1 Mile from the Westbrook Train Station and on the Shoreline Bus route.
Description: We would be happy to have you dine with us during your visit to our award-winning restaurant filled with a wide variety of many dishes. We are located right on the shoreline and can enjoy the view of the ocean while you dine with is. We have many signature martinis, italian, and seafood entrees.
Reviewed 23 June 2014

My prior experience with this restaurant was lunch which was very good. This time five us went there for dinner and had a wonderful meal. The resort itself is very nice and the dining room is beautiful and dramatic because it's entered by walking down a flight of stairs into an airy bright and elegant room with large windows with a view of the lawn that sweeps down to Long Island Sound. Just a beautiful setting for dinner.
All of us ordered different items from the menu which had a nice array of dishes and all of us were very pleased with our choices. The service was first rate from the helpful, friendly waiter which added to the enjoyment of the meal. The food was beautifully prepared and presented. This is definitely a restaurant where you can enjoy a quiet dinner with friends or with your partner. Great place to enjoy celebrating a special occasion.

Reviewed 8 April 2014

We went to the Goodspeed Opera House and were looking for a nice meal to end our day. My husband researched area restaurants and found this gem. For this caliber restaurant it is not at all expensive but certainly five star!
Admittedly we have been here only once, but our meals were extraordinary, the service wonderful and the views spectacular. We love dining out and have eaten at some fine restaurants including
Boston, NYC and Cape cod.
I deep trying to find reasons to return to the area just so we can eat at the water's edge.

1  Thank ruplenas
Reviewed 1 April 2014

After reading the reviews of this restaurant, I started to look other places to celebrate my birthday, but decided to take a chance. I am so happy that my family joined me in a delicious Sunday brunch. Everything was perfect from the food to the staff. Everyone was very friendly and helpful. There were so many choices of foods and all of them were delicious. I loved the crepes. My grandchildren enjoyed the St. Patrick Day desserts. The creme brûlée was outstanding. Atmosphere of the room was wonderful. Anytime you can look out and see the water makes a great day. Pricey buffet but worth it.

Reviewed 24 February 2014

Too Bad the Hotel has an outdate Pet Policy that does not allow pets. Thank goodness their bartender, knows how to make the perfect Bloody Mary! Cheers!

Reviewed 24 February 2014

Went for Sunday Brunch with husband on our anniversary. From our seats, we could see the glistening beach. The food was amazing. Anything you could possibly want they had and it was all very fresh, The vanilla cupcakes with a chocolate chip cookie dough center was too die for. Our service was not very good however, which could be blamed on how busy the restaurant was. My husband never received a knife, and no one came around to check on us, other than to quickly fill up our water and rush off.