“Our wedding night dinner”
Review of Creative Cooking Restaurant - CLOSED

Creative Cooking Restaurant
Price range: US$12 - US$22
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole, Contemporary
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Child-friendly, Bar Scene, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 30 June 2014

We got reservations at the last minute for the corner booth in the restaurant. My wife and I wore our wedding dresses their and everyone gave compliments. The staff was very polite including the owner. The food was very authentic. I have never tasted bourbon chicken and red beans & rice that tasted that good in my life. It was my wife's first time having crayfish and she loved it. Her dish included shrimp that were huge. The drinks were also a hit. We enjoyed every moment there.

1  Thank Tanya E

Reviewed 17 June 2014

Nice restaurant in an old house with great food and service. What more can you want! Live music some nights which sounded pretty good.

1  Thank Stan N
Reviewed 4 May 2014

If you like great food,done right,this is the place to enjoy,no place I've been to can compare,nor hold a candle too...

Reviewed 10 March 2014

I came here last year for brunch. It was gross so I never returned. Some friends really wanted to come for dinner, so I decided to give it a second chance. Glad I did!! The food was delicious and the atmosphere was hip. We went on a Friday evening while a live band was playing in the bar. Was fun and delicious and we will be back!! FYI there are some lighter foods like dinner salads available that are not listed in the trip advisor menu.

1  Thank ShorelineGuy
Reviewed 3 March 2014

I have driven by this restaurant any number of times over 25 years, a mere 21 miles from my home in Branford. Tonight is the first time, it being Mardi Gras Weekend, that I stopped in. This is a family owned restaurant and it shows. From the moment I walked in it felt homey. The food I had stood out and so did Rich, the bar tender who was a first-rate wait person. The drink he recommended, at my request, was vodka and fresh grapefruit juice. It was good, and I rarely have any liquor. The New Orleans Cod special suited me well, too, as a person who rarely eats meats. The placement on mashed potatoes kept the fish hot for longer than usual! The little bit of corn mixed in the dish was superlative, too. I will be back. It is rare to find a restaurant that is so comfortable for a single person, as I was tonight, that is warm and friendly, well done. It is appreciated! I really set out for a chocolate dessert. They had that, too. I recommend this restaurant. The prices were fair, as well. I guess “Creative Cooking” is actually the name of the restaurant, judging from the website, but it takes a subtitle position on the street sign. The house salad dressing was tastefully unusual, a light tomato based one.