“Just What You Would Expect”

Lenny & Joe's Fish Tale
Ranked #6 of 36 Restaurants in Westbrook
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 6 August 2014

Great fried food served by friendly helpful staff. We usually stop when we are in the area. The food is consistently good. If you are looking for fine dining, this isn't the place.

Reviewed 1 August 2014 via mobile

We usually go to Lenny & Joe's when we're in the area, but had always been to the other locations. This was the first time at this location and we definitely prefer the other locations. The food was good as usual, it just lacked a view and outdoor seating area.

Reviewed 17 July 2014

I visited this restaurant during a recent visit to CT and was not disappointed. Great seafood of all kinds and I chose a combo platter that featured a crab cake, fried scallops, fried clams strips and some fresh cod, along with onion rings and cole slaw. Also enjoyed a delicious mug of lobster bisque that had a nice vermouth kick to it. They have full plates as well as smaller luncheon portions of many of the same dishes available. Others in my party had scallop or lobster casseroles, fresh grilled swordfish, and baked stuff shrimp. Several orders of shared claims on the half shell too!

In addition to the food, I noticed that this restaurant had a lot of seniors and one senior person in our party had a problem with one of the dishes and our waitress was very kind and accommodating to her and brought her something else to eat. That impressed me.

They also have a fun little gift store with some cool t-shirts and salt water taffy if you are looking for any souvenirs from your time along the CT coastline in the summer time.

The only negative I can share is I did notice that it was very loud in the restaurant, so we did have a hard time having any conversation during our meal.

This place seems very popular so get there early or go for a late lunch to avoid long wait times.

Reviewed 15 July 2014

Alway dependable fried food. Who cares if it is not the best for you. It is wonderful and worth any waits. Been going ther for years and never disappointed

Reviewed 6 July 2014

We have visited this restaurants in the past. It is a very popular restaurant. We decided to visit again after maybe a couple of years and came away with a "it is not that great " of a feeling. Lots of fried offerings, although I stayed away from those. My lobster casserole was good but very pricey. My wife ordered broiled scallops and she was very unhappy with it: very bland and lacking flavor. Her plate came with a side of French fries and basic vegetables both of which looked like frozen products. Wife doesn't want to return to this place anymore. Staff are "OK" friendly but in my honest opinion the food could be better for the prices.