“THE BEST fried shrimp dinner”
Review of Westbrook Lobster

Westbrook Lobster
Ranked #9 of 36 Restaurants in Westbrook
Price range: US$0 - US$20
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 3 September 2013

Don't bother going anywhere else for fried shrimp - or any other fried food for that matter! Always fresh seafood and oil. NO overly heated, dirty, oily taste to their seafood. Their fried fish coating is the best, and the cocktail sauce isn't "jellied" - ifyaknowwhatimean. Coleslaw is fresh, and fries are crispy on the outside and yummy on the inside. Food is served HOT, and the shrimp are large and plentiful. We also recommend their fried seafood platter (my husband's favorite). Westbrook also has a small bar and (because we requested it) my favorite alcohol is always stocked. Who does that????
Can't recommend the Wallingford restaurant. Two tries, MANY years ago, were not good. We have no need to go there now since Westbrook is soooo close.
Other pluses: their point system; SERVICE; boiled lobster; fried, whole, clams. We, our family and our guests have NEVER been disappointed with a meal here!
Minuses - we've been trying for some time to have them offer sweet potato fries. Please help our campaign!
Reservations are accepted for large groups (7 or more, I think).

Reviewed 9 July 2013

I have eaten at Westbrook lobster a few times over the past couple months. The staff is great and the food it pretty good. What makes it nice is that you can get something besides fries with your lobster roll. Bill's Seafood is always packed, but I'd go to Westbrook Lobster any day. It's never as crowded and I don't have to fight for a parking spot.

Reviewed 3 July 2013

Been here a number of times as it is our backup to Bill's by the singing bridge and the food has always been well above average on all previous visits. On our last visit I ordered the Lobster salad roll and was very disappointed. There was very little lobster meat and more than enough celery, extra lettuce, right amount of tomatoes and way too much mayonnaise. I have had this same selection here before but never such a skimpy portion of lobster heavy on the other "cheap" stuff. I felt cheated. Not worth the $16.99 they charge. Won't get this again and this will not be a must stop spot in the area for us in the future. I may be harsh but I tend not to give restaurants a second chance. Too expensive to experiment. I don't know if there is a new cook or cost cutting but I won't be back.

4  Thank Bill C
Reviewed 3 July 2013

We had a party of 11 visit Westbrook Lobster House for dinner. They did take a reservation over the phone for 6pm and seated us quickly. Our waitress took our drink orders but after delivering them.. she disappeared. We had to go up to the hostess stand to have them find her for us.

Our meals were all very good however a few orders were screwed up. One person had ordered the Fra Diablo and another asked for it to be not too spicy. They had their meals mixed up when delivered so the person wanting spicy was disappointed and the person wanting mild, was not happy.

A few of our party ordered the Hot Lobster Roll. It was wonderful tasting, but was very skimpy on lobster. They were on sale for $12.99. If I had paid the normal $14.99 I would have been very disappointed. The sides of boiled potatoes, cole slaw and onion rings were all tasty.

We had split up our checks and the waitress also put a few items on the wrong checks, but nothing major so we just left it.

The goal of the evening was to have a nice seafood meal while we were in Connecticut and it did manage to fulfill that order.. but was nothing special.

Reviewed 12 May 2013

I can honestly say this was the worst meal we've ever had. Almost everyone in our group had something come out cold. It took an incredibly long time for our food to arrive in the first place. The vegetables were tasteless.. no seasonings. Just awful. The fried food was just okay. We will never go back there.. very expensive for freezing cold, tasteless food.

2  Thank introspectionx