“Fresh seafood,great happy hour specials,great staff”
Review of Westbrook Lobster

Westbrook Lobster
Ranked #10 of 35 Restaurants in Westbrook
Price range: US$0 - US$20
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Soups
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly, Kids, Bar Scene
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Fresh seafood,great happy hour specials,great staff”
Reviewed 3 March 2014

On March 1st my wife and I went to the Westbrook Lobster House for a early dinner.We chose to sit in the bar area because of the great bartender/waitress Tara.Always right on top of it,handling as many customers that come in with ease,when your beverage is low shes right on it for a refill.Very knowlegable staff about the menu with great recommendations and substitutions!I had a combo of cod & whole bellies,and my wife had the 1 1/2lb lobster w/ the stuffing on the side,both dishes were outstanding,fresh and very reasonable for the price!The owner Rich has a great grasp of the restaurant business.We highly suggest you give this establishment a try!!

• Visited March 2014

New York,NY
“Excellant clam chowder”
Reviewed 17 February 2014

Being from New England, you cant get clam chowder any place better than here. So on my way home to NYC, was recommended to stop here and try the chowder. Picked up 2 quarts and was very happy I did. Would definitely come back here again and try other items on the menu.

• Visited February 2014
East Granby, CT
“Good Meal at Fair Price Point, Nothing Glowing”
Reviewed 21 October 2013

Not a whole lot open on a Monday in the fall, so we were glad to come upon Westbrook Lobster House. I would give 3.5 starts if you could do half stars. We ate at an off hour in the middle of the afternoon, so it was quiet with only a couple other diners. The ,lunch menu was varied and the baked and grilled entrees included two sides, with clam chowder and garden salad among the choices. The mashed potatoes I chose were red skinned and tasted homemade and the stuffed fish dish I had was a bit cooled by the time it reached me and average in taste for a shoreline seafood restaurant.My wife's salmon was quite good but her spinach was overly salty. The service was fair. It was a solid meal but nothing overly memorable that will call us back for a special trip. However, if we are in that area, we would not discount another visit.

• Visited October 2013
“THE BEST fried shrimp dinner”
Reviewed 3 September 2013

Don't bother going anywhere else for fried shrimp - or any other fried food for that matter! Always fresh seafood and oil. NO overly heated, dirty, oily taste to their seafood. Their fried fish coating is the best, and the cocktail sauce isn't "jellied" - ifyaknowwhatimean. Coleslaw is fresh, and fries are crispy on the outside and yummy on the inside. Food is served HOT, and the shrimp are large and plentiful. We also recommend their fried seafood platter (my husband's favorite). Westbrook also has a small bar and (because we requested it) my favorite alcohol is always stocked. Who does that????
Can't recommend the Wallingford restaurant. Two tries, MANY years ago, were not good. We have no need to go there now since Westbrook is soooo close.
Other pluses: their point system; SERVICE; boiled lobster; fried, whole, clams. We, our family and our guests have NEVER been disappointed with a meal here!
Minuses - we've been trying for some time to have them offer sweet potato fries. Please help our campaign!
Reservations are accepted for large groups (7 or more, I think).

• Visited August 2013
Clinton, Connecticut
“Good food”
Reviewed 9 July 2013

I have eaten at Westbrook lobster a few times over the past couple months. The staff is great and the food it pretty good. What makes it nice is that you can get something besides fries with your lobster roll. Bill's Seafood is always packed, but I'd go to Westbrook Lobster any day. It's never as crowded and I don't have to fight for a parking spot.

• Visited July 2013