“Best Happy Hour in the Area!”
Review of Westbrook Lobster

Westbrook Lobster
Ranked #9 of 36 Restaurants in Westbrook
Price range: US$0 - US$20
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“Best Happy Hour in the Area!”
Reviewed 11 June 2014 via mobile

Food is awesome! Best clam chowder this side of the Cape!! The Shrimp Scampi is incredible. Service-terrific. Great small plate prices and selections. Our favorite Happy Hour. They have happy hour even on Sundays from noon to 7! Sara is an awesome Bartender! Must do!!

• Visited June 2014

ct
“Surprisingly Bad”
Reviewed 27 May 2014

My family has been patronizing Westbrook Lobster since the mid 60's, when it was a small fish market on Rte One beside the original "singing bridge". The seafood was always very fresh and consistently good. They have since relocated and become a restaurant only, no longer a fish market. We have dined here numerous times over the years and the food was always good. We visited today for the first time in about a year and expected the always good food and service.
It was my mother-in-law's birthday. The clam chowder and shrimp cocktail were good. The two lobster rolls were also good. My crispy tilapia with shrimp was another story. The tilapia thickness ranged from 3/4" to less than 1/4" and about half was just soggy and impossible to eat. It looked like a piece of fish left in the fryolator until it started to burn. It was the worst tilapia I have ever been served. I left about 1/2 uneaten.
My wife urged me to send it back, I was hesitant, but maybe I would have if the server had ever returned to the table to ask how we were enjoying our entrees. She was busy giving "excellent" service to friends at an adjacent table and never bothered to check on us or ask to refill our drinks.
When we were finished and the waitress finally asked if we wanted anything else, my wife commented that my tilapia was not very good, the server's question was, "are you still hungry?" I expected she might offer a price adjustment or send a manager to our table, but nothing. Just the check.
Sadly I doubt I will ever consider visiting Westbrook Lobster again.
Lenny and Joe's is a much better choice.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank cbjbat_ct
North Haven, Connecticut
“Best Happy Hour on the Shoreline”
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Amazing Mussels shallots & garlic in creamy broth, and NE Clam Chowder make this a weekly stop. Also $1 Oysters on Thursday (4-7) are delicious.

• Visited May 2014
Clinton, CT
“Mediocre minus”
Reviewed 15 April 2014

Ample seafood but uninspiring in every other way. You will not want to come back. It is the generic seafood place.

Visited March 2014
East Haven, Connecticut
“Fresh seafood,great happy hour specials,great staff”
Reviewed 3 March 2014

On March 1st my wife and I went to the Westbrook Lobster House for a early dinner.We chose to sit in the bar area because of the great bartender/waitress Tara.Always right on top of it,handling as many customers that come in with ease,when your beverage is low shes right on it for a refill.Very knowlegable staff about the menu with great recommendations and substitutions!I had a combo of cod & whole bellies,and my wife had the 1 1/2lb lobster w/ the stuffing on the side,both dishes were outstanding,fresh and very reasonable for the price!The owner Rich has a great grasp of the restaurant business.We highly suggest you give this establishment a try!!

• Visited March 2014