“Long time customers, before the bar took over”
Review of Westbrook Lobster

Westbrook Lobster
Ranked #9 of 35 Restaurants in Westbrook
Price range: US$0 - US$20
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Soups
Good for: Child-friendly, Kids, Groups, Bar Scene
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Clinton, Connecticut
“Long time customers, before the bar took over”
Reviewed 22 July 2014

We are long time customers @ the Westbrook Lobster House, ten plus years. We have seen the changes and the evolution of restaurant; from carry your own tray of food to a sit down meal establishment.

Unfortunately, bar room atmosphere has seeped into the dining area. We were there 7/16/14 and the "music" was rock concert loud throughout the place. I have nothing against rock concerts, but the ones I go to are my choice.

We were seated 3/4 of the way down toward the back wall and we could still hear some loud obnoxious woman in the bar. She couldn't help herself, she had to be loud to be heard over the " music".

Westbrook Lobster was always our go to place for a great seafood dinner. Now we think twice, because it can be an annoying dining experience & it is not cheap.

The food is still very good, but the atmosphere if the restaurant has gone down hill.

• Visited July 2014

Bridgeport, Connecticut
“Overall, it's just ok”
Reviewed 21 July 2014

We went for an early dinner. They have an extensive menu. The clams casino were excellent. The clam cakes were clearly overcooked though. I ordered their lobster specialty. It was okay, but I had to ask for wet naps -- no wet naps, no extra napkins. The waitress wasn't sure if they had any wet naps either - odd for a seafood restaurant. My husband had the fried seafood combo. He said it was good. I guess I would return if I'm in the area and craving seafood. Otherwise, I would not.

• Visited July 2014
Stamford, Connecticut
“Good Local Find”
Reviewed 3 July 2014 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

Happened to be traveling in the area and asked a local resident for a recommendation on good local food. Pulled up to the restaurant and got the warmest welcome and quick seating - without a reservation. Husband and I ordered appetizers and main courses and was very pleased with the quality of the meal and how very tasty it was. Of course as with most local eateries outside of Manhattan, the portions were very large. Not a problem as I was told before I ordered that perhaps I should order a meal that could be reheated the next day and still kept its flavor. Anyway, I thought it odd as I do not do reheated meals. Of course it was just too much and my husband was only too glad to take the extra portion that was nicely packaged and given to him, Overall a wonderful dining experience.

Visited June 2014
1 Thank Jacqueline093
Oakville, Connecticut
“Not worth it”
Reviewed 28 June 2014

I ordered the westbrook lobster and it was raw! Boyfriend asked for scallop sauce on side, it came on them. Manager gave a $5.00 discount only for raw lobster on a $100.00 bill! Lesson learned...wont be back!

• Visited June 2014
United States
“Go for the Happy Hour $6 mussels-excellent”
Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

We happened upon this place on a Sunday and sat in the bar area, where we noticed the happy hour sign. Lots of food on the happy hour menu, for $2, $3 and $6, and raw bar specials. Our group had calamari (very good), clam chowder (excellent), fish and chips (just OK), fish tacos (just OK), old bay fries, stuffed clam (good) and mussels (super excellent), all off the happy hour menu. The mussels were really fresh, in a butter garlic broth, and for $6, were large enough for dinner. The place isn't much to look at, inside or out, but the food was good, fresh, and made to order. Happy hour drinks were well priced (4.5 draft beer, 5 house wine). Happy hour is 7 days a week, from 4-7.