“Good Stay”

Ranked #2 of 6 Westbrook B&B and Inns
New York City, New York
“Good Stay”
Reviewed 1 April 2012

The husband and I stayed for a weekend at Angel's Watch Inn BnB. The staff were nice and we loved our room. The fireplace and the tub gave the room much character. However, I was a little disappointed with breakfast. We also got massages and thought it was relaxing. Otherwise, good place to stay.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Mochi00

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Ashburnham, Massachusetts
Reviewed 29 December 2011

12/28/11 Needed to get away with my wife for a few days. Booked the Angel's Loft, 3rd floor of the Inn, not for the physically challenged (very narrow and steep stairway) but very private and comfortable. King Bed and Soaking tub for 2 was great, right in front of the fireplace. Two chairs and sm. table for sitting. TV with DVD player with lots of free movies to choose from in the front hall. Small fridge in the room to keep our adult beverages cold, ice bucket and glasses provided. Private bath with stand up shower for one. Free WiFi was a plus. Everything we wanted on our 3 day getaway all in the price of the room. Inn keeper's Bill and Peg got us set up for one hr. each, massages from Al right at the Inn at a very reasonable additional cost on a short notice. Our stay at the Angels Watch Inn was very comfortable and enjoyable.Bill and Peg couldn't express enough if there was anything we needed or wanted to just ask, and to make ourselves at home. Bill makes a great breakfast every morning. They make you feel right at home here from the minute you get there. Very down to earth couple and Bill has some good stories for a good laugh. Our 3 day getaway was a success, very comfortable and relaxing. Bill and Peg pull all this off for there guest at a very reasonable cost without nickel and dimeing them. Lots to do in the area. Our Thanks to Bill and Peg. Terry and Cal

Room Tip: Angels Loft not for the very tall (sloped ceiling) or physically challenged (very steep and narrow s...
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Terry G
east northport
Reviewed 31 October 2011

A lovely place to stay. We felt welcome and so at home. This was the first time we stayed at a B&B and it was a fantastic choice. The beach is steps away as are some very nice places to eat. We were celebrating our Anniversary~Peggy had a bottle of chilled Champagne waiting for us. [Bill greeted us]. The breakfast was plentiful and Diane was so sweet and friendly. One super big plus is the gorgeous soaking tub in the room!!!!! Loved it~

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank annette1015
Forest Hills, New York
Reviewed 18 July 2011

Attended a family wedding at the Angels Watch B&B and the proprietors couldn't have been more accommodating and gracious. Our family took over the entire house and it was a lovely, warm and romantic event. The attention to detail for the wedding ceremony was fabulous. We were especially impressed to return 'home' after dinner to find a CD of the wedding photos under each of our doors.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
Chattanooga, Tennessee
Reviewed 21 February 2011

Angel's Watch Inn - what can I say but WOW!!!! It is everything it says it is and more. Traveling from TN and not being familiar with the area it was great to stay someplace where everyone is excited about you being there and their sole purpose is to make your stay as wonderful as possible. My (now wife) and I had been a couple for 12 years and never thought that we would get the chance to have a real wedding. We kept our relationship hid from everyone and I mean everyone. Neither of our families would be happy and I did not want to risk loosing friends. It is so hard to be in love and not be able to share it with the people around you. Up until I called and spoke with Peggy at Angel's watch I had never admitted this to any one or even said it out loud; but here I was so excited about being able to be married. When I booked the wedding over the phone Peggy was so warm and welcoming and non-judgmental and excited about our choice to get married. Once we arrived for the special day every detail was taken care of - cake, pictures, video, etc. It was our own special wedding. Unfortunately we did not have any family there to help us celebrate - however now I feel like we have new family - Peggy and Bill and Nora. They celebrated with us and were happy for us and made us feel so happy and excited. The wedding and the feeling of love and acceptance helped us to be able to tell friends and family about our relationship once we returned. I know this is long but it is important and needs to be said. If any of you out there are hesitant about getting married or choosing Angel's Watch DON'T!!!! Life is to short not to share a committed relationship with the one you love and the added benefit of having the wonderful people at Angel's Watch plan everything well there is nothing more you can ask for. I hope this helps you to make the best decision you will ever make. Thanks!!!!

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
3 Thank mushu1234
El Cerrito, California
Reviewed 24 January 2011

This is the most romantic place I've ever stayed. My fiance and I stayed in the "Back Room" a few weekends after we got engaged (Aug08) and we had a wonderful time. The room isn't huge, but the beautiful décor easily made up for it. The bathroom murals were especially cute, and they give you bubble bath for the enormous tub.

The complimentary drinks and snacks were a nice touch, and the welcome wine was a real treat. They also have a wide selection of video's to watch. They also gave us a little basket full of extra large beach towels. The shore is a short walk away, but that area wasn't great for swimming in August. The next day we asked the inn keeper for advice and he was very helpful and recommended a great beach just over the Rhode Island border.

There's also plenty of great dining options nearby. My favorite was the lobster rolls at Bill's Seafood Restaurant, but Pazzo's was also very good.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
East Brunswick, New Jersey
Reviewed 20 December 2010

My fiancee and I eloped at Angel's Watch Inn earlier this month. The owners Peggy and Bill are two of the most beautiful people you will ever meet. They made us so comfortable I didn't regret for one second not having a big wedding. My only regret was not being able to stay longer. The Inn is beautiful, the service is amazing. My husband and I plan to go back every year to celebrate our anniversary.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank kornkamper1977
Also consider these accommodations in or near Westbrook
Saybrook Point Inn & Spa
Water's Edge Resort & Spa
Water's Edge Resort & Spa
#1 of 1 in Westbrook
Captain Stannard House Bed and Breakfast Country Inn

Been to Angels' Watch Inn Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!