“Service Above and Beyond - Romantic and Intimate”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Westbrook
Angels' Watch Inn Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #2 of 6 Westbrook B&B and Inns
Connecticut
“Service Above and Beyond - Romantic and Intimate”
Reviewed 15 June 2009

From the moment we called to make just enquire about the availability I knew I would love the Angel's Watch Inn. Peggy and Bill made us feel as they were prepariing their daughters wedding and made us feel welcomed. When we arrived the room meet our needs and was very romantic and included all the amenities we needed. On our wedding day the hostesses went above and beyond to ensure every small detail was exactly who we wanted it. They made our guest and us feel right at home and ensured that we were taken care off. Noreen and Diane ensured our wedding day was very very special, romantic and everything we could ever ask for. Thank you we will certainly recommend your inn and as well as come back.
Annette and Luis

• Stayed May 2009, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Reviewed 2 December 2008

I had the most wonderful experience at Angel's Watch Inn. The innkeepers were very acccomodating and treated us as if we were family. The inn was not only beautiful it was very cozy. I hope to make a trip back soon.

Southington
Reviewed 18 October 2008

I called after viewing the on line web site to book a one night stay with the service of a justice of the peace to perform our marriage ceremony. I asked what the price was for the ceremony to be performed and then what the cost of the room was. I was told on the phone that the room rate was $165 (this was for a weekday rate in Oct), I questioned why the web site shows a price of $145. The women I was speaking with (I believe one of the owners) started saying "Hello, Hello, Hello" repeatedly, then hung up. I was on a land phone so we know there was not a bad connection. However, giving the benefit of the doubt, I called right back. When connected I started to explain that we seem to have lost our connection, and was promptly hung up on without a response from them. I called back a few times throughout the next few hours and only got their voice mail. I then emailed them, and sent them a fax in an attempt to finalize my reservation. I did finally get an email back from them at the end of the day notifying me that they where busy with a wedding and would call me back the following day after 11:00 am. I never received a call back from them.
Needless to say, I have determined that there was no "bad connection", but a childish attempt from the proprietor to disconnect my call and avoid acknowledging the discrepency of the pricing.

Fortunately, I found another B&B to book with whose customer service was very pleasant to deal with and who also told me about a special they where running that was on the web that I had no idea of!!

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — customer service
  • Stayed October 2008, travelled as a couple
3 Thank southingtonbroker
angelswatch, owner at Angels' Watch Inn Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, 30 November 2008
I am the owner and spoke with this person on the phone the day that she called. I had an unexplained loss of vision was not feeling well and was returning back to the Inn from my doctors office. When we are not at the Inn the Inn's phone is called forwarded to the cell so that we can be on call 24/7 to attend to our guests needs. I was actually returning to the Inn speaking to this person on my cell phone. She had wanted us to put a wedding ceremony together for her in under a weeks time. She was asking what the rate of the room was and I informed her that the rate, offficiants fee, overnight stay was all included in the wedding package. I was on my cell phone not on a land line and I lost contact with her. I could not call her back because her number registered on my cell phone as unknown. I was not trying to avoid answering a question about a discrepensy in the room rate. I just lost the connection on my end because I was on a cell phone. It happens sometimes especially when the phone is call forwarded.

I got to the Inn, left the cell phone on to answer messages and was very busy because we were performing a wedding ceremony for a lovely couple that day.

She email us about doing a wedding in three days and our Innkeeper emailed her back quickly, told her that we here right in the middle of a wedding and would call her back later that evening.

I had every intention of calling her back.
Unfortunately about five minutes after our couples wedding was finished, I recieved a frantic phone call from our daughter's fiancee that our daughter was doubled over in excruiating pain and vomitting. We immediately left the Inn and when we got home we rushed her to the shoreline clinic where they rushed her by ambulance to the hospital and she had to have emergency surgery to remove her gallbladder. She had complications with the surgery and spent six days in the hospital.

Our Innkeeper called the potential bride back later that evening when she found out about our daughters surgery. She could not speak with her because no one answered her phone. She left a voice mail, informing her of what had happened and told her that we would not be able to put a wedding together for her in three days. She also informed her that if she did not get married when she had wanted to, we would love to help her in the future. Our Innkeeper never heard from her again.

Needless to say it was a very difficult time for my daughter, myself and her father.

We do try so very hard to give our guests a wonderful experience when they stay with us. Many people come as guests but leave as family and dear friends for life.

Unfortunately we are only human and sometimes life just happens and you have no control over it as I explained above.

I am very glad that she was able to get married and we all wish them happiness.
Berlin, Germany
Reviewed 11 October 2008

We stayed here on our Mini Moon after getting married in Manhattan NY. We travel a lot and usually stay in four/five star hotels, I would consider the Angel Watch Inn far superior in comfort, cleanlieness, customer service and food than most of the places we have stayed in over the years.
The fact of having a bath tub and fire in your room adds to the romantic mood, as well as the little touches like Champagne and Strawberries. I really liked having a DVD library and a minibar which was stocked daily with complimentary drinks. Peggy and Bill go all out to make sure you have a great stay. I can honestly say that they were the friendliest hosts we have come across on our travels. The Inn is walking distance to the beach which is very scenic as well and we will definitely return in the future

• Liked — Bathtub, Fire, Friendlieness
  • Stayed October 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 October 2007

Went to the Angels' Watch for our First Anniversary...

FIRST - take the advise of others and book by phone- not only will you get the best rate and most up to date availability, you'll get to talk to Peggy, who is warm, friendly and extremely accomodating!

Never staying at a BB I was picturing a stuffy, creaky house...and it was like 88 degrees that weekend so I figured it would be bloody hot. I also thought...ok we're in someone's house so no privacy really, but LET ME TELL YOU THIS PLACE HAS PRIVATE ROOMS!!! You wont get more privacy at the Marriott! But once you step out your door you are greeted by the charm and grace of an Inn that is clearly loved and cared for by its owners...

My favorite rooms are the front room, which was our room, and the Angel loft (it was booked but we got a chance to look at it--- what a true love nest!!!) The front room is truly a getaway--- you WILL NOT here anyone coming & going... it feels like another world when you are soaking in the tub for two.... watching a video or listening to the radio....sipping champage or whatever you wish.... the room is a nice size, VERY clean and the bathroom was IMMACULATE! Bed pretty comfy too!

The Inn itself is positioned right near the beach and within walking distance of several great restaurants. Within 5 minutes you can eat authentic Mexican or Japanese, seafood galore..... plus the WINERIES are soooo close..... such a romantic weekend!

Breakfast is great as well....first day we ate with everyone....next day...breakfast in bed, cozied up next to the bath again! Heaven!!! The staff at Angel's Watch will go out of their way to make your stay as comfortable as possible....and the Inn is beautifully restored, accessible and decorated in a gorgeous new-age manner...

Faves: complimentary beer, wine, water, sodas, snacks anytime....biscotti...soaking tub (they provide salts---you bring bubbles!!)..they also have a DVD library, hair dryer, books, newspaper and resident chipmunk who loves the trail mix in your snack basket.... expecially the dried bananas.

No candles allowed.... just FYI...

And dont plan too much, you may not want to leave your room....

• Liked — The soaking tubs
  • Disliked — small window to eat breakfast
  • Stayed October 2007, travelled as a couple
1 Thank snnflwr
Reviewed 3 February 2007

The room we stayed in was very small and there was little space to place your items. Minor details of our trip specifications were missed. There is a "no refund policy" regardless of circumstance and offer only the package they are promoting instead of the one you requested online. You are better off calling in your reservation and not booking it via the internet to avoid problems and miscommunication which caused issues on our vacation.
Plus side, it was very clean and centrally located in Westbrook. Snacks and soda in room were nice touch. Soaking tub in room was great, especially with the fire going, very romantic.

bmillspaugh, Owner/manager at Angels' Watch Inn Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, 13 June 2009
We have to agree with this guest about reserving online for any specific requests or packages.

It actully stipulates on our reservation manager, that we can not handle specific requests over online reservations. To please call us directly for any special requests or packages.

In regards to our cancellation policies We allow guests to reschedule their visit with us if they can not come during their reserved time.

We have had many guests reschedule their visits with us with no problems. It is the guest that reserves a room in our place and two other bed and breakfasts in the area and decides at the last minute that they are not going to stay with us and we do not have time to fill the room, and this costs us.

When guests reserve online, we do not personally speak with them and they choose the room that they are staying in. We have several photos and descriptions on our website.
New York
Reviewed 19 January 2007

My husband and I stayed here years ago when we were dating (I think we stayed in 2002, but the review menu won't let me date it back that far). I remember staying in the drawing room and being greeted with chocolate covered strawberries and champagne! The bed was comfortable, the sheets and the bathroom were clean (2 big things we look for in an inn).

For breakfast, I remember us having a choice of cereals to munch on while our hostess prepared our morning meal. We were presented with eggs made exactly as we wanted them (poached for me, sunny-up for him), sausage, toast, and seasonal fruit. Before we left, our hostess gave her picks for the local attraction. A few reasons I gave less than 5 stars: we had a medical emergency that required us to go to the ER, and instead of coming to the guest house to address us personally, our hostess communicated only by the house phone (would've been a bit more personal and sincere). I wish it was possible to give 4.5 stars, though!

Just be aware, the breakfast table is communal, so keep in mind that you'll be eating in the morning and be put in the situation where you'll have to chat with your fellow house guests.

• Stayed April 2003
2 Thank jotrose
Also consider these accommodations in or near Westbrook
Saybrook Point Inn & Spa
Westbrook Inn Bed and Breakfast
Water's Edge Resort & Spa
Water's Edge Resort & Spa
#1 of 1 in Westbrook

Been to Angels' Watch Inn Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!