“Like visiting the family you wish you had.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Angels' Watch Inn Bed and Breakfast

Angels' Watch Inn Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #2 of 6 Westbrook B&B and Inns
Chisholm, Minnesota
“Like visiting the family you wish you had.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 November 2010

Everything about this place was perfect! A fantastic value!!! Pull up to the beautifully landscaped grounds,1/2 a block from the ocean. Then enter the charming home and you instantly relax. We went here to get married. Bill, Peggy and everyone at Angels Watch Inn made the wedding seamless...it was wonderful. All we did was show up with rings and a license (we got next door from Deborah...took 20 min. )! They even gave us information for a tux shop(thank you Collins) and restaurant for our reception dinner (New Orleans Creative Cooking was terrific). They did it all and they did it with class and elegance...something we couldn't get in Vegas. We have traveled throughout the world, but what makes Angels Watch Inn so special is simply the people who own it. Peggy and Bill truly are the family you wish you had! We don't have the space here to tell you how fantastic the whole experience was...but we can say we will be back.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Hartford, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 November 2010

My husband I and wanted a small wedding and found Angel Watch Inn. I was very pleased with the service and friendliness of the staff. We were 6 people total in out small party, and the staff made us feel like we were the most important people in the world. I love the fact that all the rooms were different and the squeaky floors added extra charm.
The bathtub in the room was a surprise. My favorite thing was the breakfast. I have traveled a lot around the world, but that breakfast was the best I have had. clearly home made and very delicious.
Because of the nice weather, we had our ceremony on the beach. We had some great pictures even if it felt somewhat awkward to be so dressed up amongst people in bathing suits.
Back in the Angel Watch Inn beautiful garden we had more pictures taken while we all enjoyed a glass of champagne and wedding cake.

I would have liked if we could have eaten our dinner there instead of having to go to a restaurant. However all in all we had a wonderful time and all the staff made sure our day was very special both for us and our guests.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled as a couple
CT
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 October 2010

My fiance and I came here to get married in September, and although the house is beautiful, the overall experience was rather dissapointing. The room was very nice, and stocked with food and drinks at no extra charge which was great, but the bed was very squeaky, and since the inn is pretty close to the road, there was the constant sound of cars humming by.

The wedding itself was very quaint, and they did a nice job with the cake and bouquet, but they were supposed to play music and didnt, so I never got to dance with my husband. They also had told us that we should allot 2 hours for the ceremony when in reality it took 45 minutes, and therefore all of our guests were sitting around twittling their thumbs for over an hour until we could leave for our dinner reservations.

My biggest complaint however was the lack of communication. Although when you actually do finally get to talk to either Peggy and Bill they are very nice, getting them to either answer the phone or call you back is like winning the lottery, and got to be very frustrating. I had to call numerous times for various reasons and only once did someone actually pick up the phone, the other times I left messages and usually ended up having to call back a day or two later because no one called me back. This continued even after our stay when I called back to see if we had left something there and asked for a return call either way and never got one.

Overall, I would say that if I had to do it over again, I may have chose somewhere else to get married, but if your just looking for a nice getaway for a weekend Angels Watch would be very nice.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank mammabear714
bmillspaugh, Owner at Angels' Watch Inn Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, 19 November 2010
I am glad that the bride considered the Inn beautiful.. If movement in the bed is excessive maybe there is squeaking, with normal usage of the bed, in fifteen years of business and performing close to 500 weddings we have never had the complaint of a squeaky bed. We will certainly try to rectify the issue though.

We spent hours on the phone and email coordinating all details with this couple for their wedding day. How to obtain their license, hair, makeup, flowers cakes, location, where to dine, accommodating their guests, wedding dance, pictures, video ects.. .

She is correct about the actual time it takes to exchange the wedding vows 4.5 minutes. The wedding vows were actually emailed to them for their review. They were told that they can change their vows in any way that they choose, add to their vows or delete them, do a unity candle our a sand ceremony anything that they would like to do. They chose to leave the wedding vows as they were and not change any of the 4.5 minute ceremony.

We do ask our couples to give us two hours from start to finish for there wedding time with us. We tell our couples that this is one of the most important days of their lives and we do not want to rush them or their guests. During these two hours her guests were served a cheese and fruit board, champagne and sparkling juice. There were over 110 photos taken in both color and black and white of the two of them with all of their guests and individualy with their friends and family and themselves. These photos were taken on our grounds, inside the Inn and we also take couples to West Beach to take photos along the water.

In regards to them not being able to dance. We ask our couples to provide us with any special music that they would like played for their first dance and during the time they spend with us to be put on a CD and we will play it for them. They did not provide us with the CD. We cannot play something we do not have.

In regards to their guests twiddling their thumbs, We cannot control what activities they choose to do to entertain themselves. As mentioned above, their was food, champagne, sparkling cider, cutting of the wedding cake and requests for so many different pictures and poses. They were laughing, enjoying themselves and many even thanked us for such a lovely wedding.

In regards to answering the phone. We do perform several weddings. When someone calls and leaves a voice mail we do get back to them within 24 through 36 hours. If someone calls after hours we return there call the next day. I actually did call her back and left a message on voicemail that they did not leave anything at the Inn when they checked out.

The couple actually thanked us for a wonderful wedding. She was thrilled with the cake, flowers everything. I wish that she had told us the bed squeaked. My husband would have gotten out the WD40 and corrected it. I do not know about noise from the road. All of the windows are shut and the air conditioning is on it was September when they visited. If they were unhappy with noise they should have told us and we could have put them in a different room. We cannot correct issues we do not know about.

If you read our other wedding reviews you will see that we put our heart and souls into creating a beautiful wedding day for our couples. We tell them that we adopt each and everyone of them

we wished them continued happiness and still do,
Albany, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 October 2010

We had been planning to elope all year and we were fortunate enought to find this place online. We saw that the state of CT did not have a waiting period or require witnesses to get married so we figured "what the heck, why not?". Well we got so much more than expected. My husband and I and I agree that we have never been so comfortable staying outside of our own home, as we did staying at Angel's Watch Inn. Bill and Peggy made us truly feel like family and we were sad to leave! Their kindness and hospitality will never be forgotten and my new husband and I are already planning a trip back to see them next summer! We couldn't have been married at a more perfect place.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank laughinatyou24
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 October 2010

We got married at this inn on September 24. We rented two other rooms for friends and family and we couldn't have been more happier with the experience. First off the inn owners and staff are very friendly and truly make you feel at home in their cozy inn. They stocked our mini fridges in the room with bottled water, pop, and wine, with some snacks as well. The complimentary breakfast they provided in the morning was very generous with eggs, muffins, bagels, yogurt, fresh fruit, juice and coffee. There was more than enough food for everyone. I just can't get over all the things we got for the price we paid. My wedding bouqet was GORGEOUS. The cake was delicious. They burned copies of the wedding pictures for my other guests. I'm just thrilled we picked this place for our wedding.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with family
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2010

I came here for one night to get away from it all, and I'm so glad I stumbled across this place! Nora, who welcomed me and provided me with breakfast, was so nice and even hauled my ridiculously heavy suitcase up and down the stairs for me! They were also super accommodating about letting me leave my baggage and even relax at the Inn long after check-out time. As for the rooms, the bathtub is amazing, the bed super comfy, the decor (I stayed in the Front Room)...well, a trifle kitschy for my tastes (there are lots of porcelain angels everywhere) but very sweet. Plus, a lovely breakfast and beverage of your choice awaiting you in the fridge upon arrival!

My only complaints were
a) the beach at Westbrook is nothing to write home about - it's not very good for walking, which I was hoping to do - but I should have figured that out before I got there and
b) the Inn is evidently geared for couples...it would be great for a wedding, less great for me to visit immediately after breaking up with my bf :(. Again, not the Inn's fault by any means though! I hope to come back as part of a couple some day...sigh...

• Stayed July 2010, travelled solo
1 Thank mg241
New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2010

My husband and I were married there in May 2010. The hosts Bill and Peggy are absolutely wonderful. Jean(justice of the peace) is a doll. The service is excellent, food is delectable, house is gorgeous!!! The beach and surrounding areas are lovely. We look forward to visiting every year, hopefully more than just once. Husband really enjoyed himself
S&G

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Westbrook
Saybrook Point Inn & Spa
Water's Edge Resort & Spa
Water's Edge Resort & Spa
#1 of 1 in Westbrook
Deacon Timothy Pratt Bed & Breakfast

Been to Angels' Watch Inn Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!