“Fabulous getaway”

Ranked #3 of 6 Westbrook B&B and Inns
New Boston NH
“Fabulous getaway”
Reviewed 23 April 2012

I had never been to this area of Ct. I was with my 4 most wonderful girlfriends. We've been friends for nearly 30 years and vacation every April. This experience will rank high in our travels. We stayed in the cozy, spacious cottage on the property of the Inn. Delighted in its enchanting decorations and inviting living space. The afternoon wine and cheese and breakfasts offered were wonderful. I would go back in a heartbeat....
Thanks to the owners.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank Dorothy D

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Wolcott, Connecticut
Reviewed 13 March 2012

The cottage was the perfect setting for our Girls Weekend.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank A T C
medfield
Reviewed 14 February 2012

I found the Westbrook Inn three years ago. Since then, my friends and I have gone every spring to relax and visit the local attractions in and around Westbrook. The Inn itself is lovely-very clean and decorated in a charming Victorian style. The innkeepers are friendly and always available to help. Good cooks, too! There is a detached cottage which I have rented with my friends. The Inn offers beautiful, landscaped grounds with big porches and patio areas. There is easy access to beaches, wineries and shopping. I would definitely recommend the Westbrook Inn! Linda A.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with friends
3 Thank lindayo
Medfield, Massachusetts, United States
Reviewed 13 February 2012

this will be the third year my friends and I have the honor of staying at the "cottage" at the inn. the inn keepers are helpful and kind. the cottage is clean and neat. the inn itself is decorated so elegantly that it brings you back in time. it is a short walk to the beach and a short drive to the wineries which makes this a perfect girls weekend..we hope to return many more times. a great place !!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank Maryann H
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 13 February 2012

I have been to the Inn twice now for a girl's weekend and am returning once again this year. We stay in the cottage which works out perfectly for us. The Inn keepers are the nicest people. Near the beach, outlets malls, wineries.....plenty to do. I would definitely recommend this Inn for a weekend getaway. Looking forward to my return.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank nscheld
New York
Reviewed 13 February 2012

Girlfriends from Boston and New York converge each year at the Westbrook Inn for the Girls Weekend Getaway. Three years ago the Westbrook Inn was a real find. We stay in the cottage, cook our own dinners, laugh constantly (hmm, could be all the wine we drink!) and leave with memories of another great weekend together. Chris and Glenn are wonderful and Glenn sure can cook up a fabulous breakfast! We visit the local winery, walk the beach, visit the outlets and I guess I already mentioned plenty of wine. The inn is clean and homey. Chris's chocolate chip cookies are not to be missed. We have no intention of looking into any other place but the Westbrook Inn for our yearly girlfriend weekend. We plan on many many years to be Chris and Glenn's guests at the Westbrook Inn.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank Debbie0316
Pound Ridge, New York
Reviewed 4 December 2011

Stayed here 2 nights for a wedding. The room itself was OK, but the bathroom was small. Running a B&B/the service industry requires friendly, nice people and I found this innkeeper to be unfriendly and HORRIBLE. She seemed annoyed at anything we asked for and yelled at me for entering the kitchen to ask her something. She was completely inflexible on the breakfast options (and when you pay this much for a bed and breakfast, you should be able to modify the menu a bit). There was a Dunkin Donuts across the street, and not much else in the immediate vicinity although probably a short walk/drive to town and beach.

Overall, I thought this was not a great value for the money and would most definitely not stay here again.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
5 Thank ogramrebecca
glenny10, Owner at Westbrook Inn Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, 14 February 2012
Christine my wife is one of the kindest, most thoughtful, loving persons I have ever met. In 17 years I have never heard her raise her voice or be mean to anyone or anything. She gives herself to the Inn’s customers and their satisfaction in a way that sometimes make me jealous. She wakes up early every morning and makes fresh breakfast breads and coffee cakes; hand picks only fresh ingredients for the omelets of the day and grinds her own wheat so the customers have the freshest homemade pancakes around. She makes special arrangements for vegetarians, vegans, gluten free & low sodium diets, etc. I can truly say Christine is the finest person I know and anyone who has ever met her or stayed at our Inn know this and will love their stay here at our lovely Inn. In addition, this reviewer wrote 26 reviews in one day plus 6 months after supposedly staying with us.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Westbrook
Saybrook Point Inn & Spa
Angels' Watch Inn Bed and Breakfast
Water's Edge Resort & Spa
Water's Edge Resort & Spa
#1 of 1 in Westbrook

Been to Westbrook Inn Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!