Westbrook Inn Bed and Breakfast
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Good 3.5/5
Heritage Motor Inn(Old Saybrook)
Very Good 4/5
  • Pool
Pier Blue Guesthouse(Old Saybrook)
Clinton Motel(Clinton)
Liberty Inn(Old Saybrook)
Great 4.5/5
Great 4.5/5
All reviewsbreakfast was deliciousb bfront porchcheese omeletvictorian atmospherecommon areasfrench toastlocal beachother guestswine cheese hourthe essex steam traincookie jarbeach chairs and umbrellasprivate bathnew englandeasy accesscomfortable bed
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 30 March 2009

I just returned from a wonderful weekend staying at the cottage with a group of girlfriends. The cottage was the perfect size for us. The rooms were a nice size with very comfortable beds.
Both nights we made ourselves meals in the fully stocked kitchen. It was great! The breakfast was delicious. We also enjoyed the wine and cheese served Saturday night.
It was a short walk to the beach as well as, very close to the outlets.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled with friends
3  Thank aschoellig
Reviewed 13 October 2008

The room I stayed in was very small and access to the private bathroom was through a public hallway. The inn is located on a busy street and traffic noise kept me up at night.

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled solo
2  Thank NewEnglanderBoston
Reviewed 2 July 2007

This was the least attractive B & B I have ever visited. The decoration items (for example, fake flowers draped across curtains, tiny bottles on windowsills, and plastic tableclothes in the dining area) reminded me of items you can purchase in 99 cent stores. Also, the room was not cleaned everyday - only new towels were given and the bed done. The sink and bathroom floor needed cleaning one day and it was not done. Unlike the impression given by the website, I found it entirely unelegant and unromantic. Moreover, the website makes it seem like it is located on the beach. In reality, it is located on a fairly busy street (lots of car noise) across from a dunkin donuts. I never even saw the beach. They have a weird shelf in one of the main rooms that they call a "gift shop" - it has old and faded items for sale - like faded magnets of westbrook, CT. And items with dust on it (like a tiny bottle of sunscreen priced at 6$). It was horrible. I felt very deceived.

• Stayed: July 2007, travelled as a couple
11  Thank calitraveller15
Reviewed 1 June 2007

I have just returned from a stay at the Westbrook Inn while on a business trip. The rooms are comfortable and well equiped however I do feel the Inn does not cater well for people travelling on business. Breakfast is not served until 8.30am weekdays which was far to late. Strangely it is served at 7.30am weekends! Apparently continental is available earlier but we were not aware of this as nobody was around in the mornings. We ended up getting coffee from Dunkin Donuts across the street!!

As a well travelled person I was very suprised that on arrival before we were shown our rooms full payment was demanded and charged to our credit cards. This has never happened before in any establishment i have visited. I understand that hotels take a copy of your credit card but to actually charge it, I think is very cheeky.

We later discovered that many people in my party of 8 were charged different amounts. This was due to a mix up in the number of nights the inn had charged individuals which could have been avoided had they charged people on depature. Some of our group was charged for more nights then what they stayed as the hotel seemed to have a minimum night policy.

If anyone was going to visit this area I would not recommend staying at the Westbrook Inn as $162.00pn is very expensive and for a similar nightly rate you could stay at the Waters Edge Hotel which is stunning and located right on the beach. It has full facilites including a breakfast available for those on a early start.

• Stayed: June 2007, travelled on business
4  Thank Miss_BGerrardsCross
Reviewed 14 September 2006

My wife and I stayed at the Inn for our anniversary. The house and grounds are in excellent condition and the innkeepers answered all of our questions and were helpful when engaged. I disagree with the negative comments on breakfast in an earlier review. While not as lavish in variety or quantity as some other places, the breakfast was homemade each day and was very good. The beach is a few blocks away but is walkable without gear and the innkeepers have a parking pass if you choose to drive over. The innkeepers tended to stay in the background or were not on the property for much of the time, perhaps that is why some have the impression that the experience lacked "warmth" from the hosts. Happy with our choice and received what we were promised can best sum up our stay.

• Stayed: September 2006, travelled as a couple